About these ads

My email to Senator Ayotte on her decision to vote for cloture on the continuing resolution

September 27, 2013

Today all but 19 Republicans voted to fund Obamcare when they voted for cloture on the continuing resolution. The ruling class elitist Republicans who sided with John McCain over Ted Cruz will defend their vote thusly: I voted for cloture but I voted against the amendment to fund Obamacare.

These elitists are trying to have it both ways for they knew when they voted for cloture that they didn’t have the votes to keep Obamacare defunded, therefor the cloture vote was a vote to fund Obamacare. They are trying to have it both ways and they think that the American people are too stupid to understand this.

Here are the 19 Republicans who did not vote for cloture:

Mike Crapo, Mike Enzi, Deb Fischer, Chuck Grassley, Dean Heller,  James Inhofe, Mike Lee, Jim Moran,  Rand Paul, Rob Portman, Jim Risch, Pat Roberts, Marco Rubio, Tim Scott, Jeff Sessions, Richard Shelby, Pat Toomey, David Vitter, and of course, Ted Cruz.

Noticeably absent from that list is my Republican Senator Kelly Ayotte, so I wrote an email to her describing my displeasure with her decision. I fired this email off quickly and in anger so it probably wasn’t worded as well as I would have liked but, to quote Bill Belichick, it is what is is. Here is what I wrote:

Senator Ayotte,

Your vote for cloture on the continuing resolution is the latest in an ever growing list of disappointments. While I am growing more disappointed with you by the day I am not surprised in the least. You were the establishment candidate while Ovide Lamontagne was the true conservative candidate and that is why I supported him in the primary instead of you, and every day you seem to prove that I was right in doing so.

I know what your excuse for the cloture vote will be: You will tell me that while you voted for cloture you still voted to defund Obamacare. But you know what a fallacy that argument is for you knew when you cast your vote for cloture that the funding would be restored, therefor you voted to restore the funding to Obamacare. You want to have it both ways and you think that the people are too stupid to see through this ruse.

I disagree with Senator Shaheen on virtually every issue but at least she is honest when she tells the people what she believes in and that is more than can be said for you. You are a liar, a phony, and a weakling. I say you are a weakling because you didn’t have the courage to take this issue all the way to a government shutdown if needs be. Do you really feel as if having the government shut down for a day or two would be the end of the world? If so I should add arrogant to the list as well.

I am looking more forward in 2016 to voting against you than I am in voting for Rand Paul for president for you have decided to put your own personal gain ahead of doing what is best for the American people and that is something that I will never forgive.

About these ads
    September 27, 2013 7:21 pm

Don’t feel bad, Steve, my Senator, Mark Kirk also voted against it. I knew that Dick Durbin would, that was a given, but Kirk knows better. Now we know who and what we are up against, we just have to figure a plan to put into play. Once these insurance rates go up and people actually feel it in their pockets, that will be the telling sign that will finally kick them in the butt. Until then, it is still just on paper and the big bad Republicans (tea party) are not telling the truth. Sad that it has to get to the point that it huts us financially before those others start to realize they were HAD!!! The Union heads are seeing the light, I guess they have not been pacified by Obama yet, huh?
    We knew that ones like McCain would put the screws to us, but some on the list really took me by surprise. Turn coats…so much for doing “the peoples” biding, right? I can’t even begin to tell you my total dislike of Reid, I will leave it up to you to decide how much on a scale of 1 to 10 that is!

• September 27, 2013 7:29 pm

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give him I would give him a 627! It is so damned frustrating to see these people say one thing while doing another and I am sick and tired of it! There are those who feel we should let Obamacare be implemented so people will finally see how bad it is, and while I do think there is merit in this I cannot help but think that it will be too late to repeal it once it is fully implemented.

2. September 27, 2013 7:24 pm

You gave inspired me to write tomy missing Texas senator John Cornyn!

• September 27, 2013 7:29 pm

Thanks and go for it! We need to let these people know exactly how pissed off we are about this!

3. Chris permalink
    September 27, 2013 8:47 pm

I think the cancer of elitist big government infects all communities in the US. I think we are getting close to the point that system needs to implode. But this happened in Greece and the people still demand big government.So the implosion is got to be very painful for the free loaders.

• September 28, 2013 7:44 am

I think we are nearing that point as well, this cannot continue forever before it collapses. You would think that after what happened in Greece those people would have realized something needed to change but they did not. The same will probably happen here and you have to think education, or the lack of it, has something to do with it.

4. September 27, 2013 9:06 pm

Your e-mail was just fine, Steve. What a cowardly bunch most of our GOP Senators are. Now let’s see how many rats we have in the House.

• September 27, 2013 9:07 pm

I bet Karl Rove thinks the vote was just fine.

• September 28, 2013 7:45 am

Thanks Jim, it will be interesting to see what the House does this weekend and there is no doubt in my mind that Rove is still pulling the strings behind the scenes.

5. September 27, 2013 10:49 pm

Steve,

Very strong letter!

• September 28, 2013 7:46 am

Thank you.

6. September 28, 2013 4:43 am

Great letter, Steve! :)

• September 28, 2013 7:46 am

Thanks!

7. Chris permalink
    September 28, 2013 5:47 am

… by the way nice letter. I’m afraid your going to get some bland generic non germane reply… Dear X Thank you for writing. I have been blah blah( all about how great I’m) blah blah.

We need to vote them all out of office.

• September 28, 2013 7:47 am

Thanks, I have written to Ayotte several times and only once did I get a reply from here. When I did it was just the standard form letter. Nobody is really listening to us.

8. September 28, 2013 6:19 am

As my Dad used to say to our dog, “Sic ‘em, Shep”.

Oklahoma’s Senators split on the issue. Coburn voted for cloture and Inhofe voted against.

Let us know how Ayotte responds to your letter.

• September 28, 2013 7:49 am

We have to let them know how we feel or else nothing will change. Nothing is probably going to change anyway but we have to keep on trying.
      I have written to Ayotte several times and she has only responded once and when she did it was a form letter. I expect the same here.

September 28, 2013 8:42 am

Steve, I was lucky to see a man named Dennis Michael Lynch speak at The Decatur Club a couple of nights ago about Amnesty. He has a couple DVD’s out (documentaries) by the names of They Come to American I and II, the Cost of Amnesty. He took a lot of questions after his talk and he said letters and faxes, etc. are good, but he says tying up their phone lines is what gets the best results. In my case with Dicky Durbin, he takes the phone off the hook (constant busy signal) and uses another undisclosed line for his own usage. Both these films are about 2 hours each and very powerful on the border crossings. I do not know where you might find them, but would be good watching for you. Well, the main thing I wanted to say is to CALL CALL CALL your Congress people to get their attention.
    Here, I found it for you if you want to check it out:

• September 28, 2013 10:28 am

lou,

I discovered DML a few weeks ago. I think he is fabulous, I follow him on facebook. I’m saving up to buy his documentaries. He was with the bikers in D.C. on 9/11. I think he has a video on that out or coming out soon.

September 28, 2013 12:20 pm

Laura, when he was done talking, he said that if you buy his DVD ($20 I think he said), he will give you an additional 4 or 5 of them to get the word out. He is sharp (no college degree, he will tell you), we need more like him. He says to get his word out the best we can, because other than being on FOX, (Brian Kilmeade is the one that first had him on), the other media will not report on what he is doing. I will be looking for the DVD to come out that you are talking about. We got 2 sets of his I and II that I talked about above with buying the tickets for his talk the other night. Glad you know about him!

• September 28, 2013 7:51 pm

Lou and Laura, I haven’t heard of this man before but thanks for the information. I will definitely be looking him up and thanks for the link Lou.

10. November 1, 2013 6:24 am

‘Missing’ Obamacare website lady : on a Fox News site there was some speculation that the woman was a pic of a younger Kelley Ayotte ? There are some facial similarities but the idea seems far fetched Time will tell

1. Senator Ayotte’s non-response to my email regarding her vote for cloture on the continuing resolution | America's Watchtower