Barack Obama, you’ve been teabagged!

January 20, 2010

April 15th 2009, the day the revolution began; no not a revolution of arms but a revolution of ideas. From the beginning the Tea Party movement was seen as a joke. We were laughed at in the media, we were ridiculed. We were called racists, homophobes, bigots, stupid, radical, and nazis. But still we persevered, we are firm in our beliefs on government and on April 15th we began an attempt to return our country back to the ideals represented by the founders that were put down in a document that is called the constitution.

But we were called one other thing as well– teabaggers. The first time that I heard the term used to describe the Tea Party movement was when I heard Anderson Cooper say, “it’s hard to talk when you’re teabagging,” although this article claims that it was Rachel Maddow who first used the term to describe the movement. The origin doesn’t matter, and to be honest, I chuckled when I heard Anderson Cooper say that we were teabagging. I think that I was chuckling for two reasons. The first being that I did in fact think that it was kind of funny, I would be lying to say that I was offended. But the second reason that I was laughing is because I realized that we were not being taken seriously by the media or the government. We could use this apathy to our advantage and we have. They are not laughing any more, they are in a panic.

Since that time, the term has been used over and over again by the left in an attempt to marginalize us, to anger us, and to goad us into fighting on their terms. That is not going to happen, at least not here.

By now even those who were not familiar with the term have found out what it means through the internet, I don’t think that I need to explain the term to anyone. If however you are unaware of what the term means, a simple google search will tell you all that you need to know.

While I was not offended by the distinction thrust upon us, I know that many people were. And I think that one of the best ways to diffuse the attackers who call us teabaggers is to not fight against the term and to voice our displeasure, our agitation will only encourage them, but to embrace it, to turn the tables on them.

I propose that we add a second definition to the term “teabagging,” after all, if we are the “teabaggers” there has to be a “teabagee” does there not?

The second definition of “teabagging” should read something to the effect of: demonstrating against and throwing out of office all of those who do not live up to their promise to protect and defend the constitition of the United States of America; Fighting against what Scott Brown calls the “machine;”  Voting out of office all of those who are unwilling to listen to the voice of the people they are supposed to be representing.

Those are all noble and necessary causes and that is what the Tea Party movement, and yes, we teabaggers are all about. Under the new definition of teabagging, we are going to hold politicians accountable for their votes. What a novel concept, huh?

The movement has grown since April 15th, more so than I had hoped that it would. We have been very active, we have been teabagging and we are proud.

Since the initial teabagging rally, New Hampshire has seen three conservative candidates win election on the state level in special elections. But while these elections were important to New Hampshire, they were just small fish on a national scale.

In recent elections, the Tea Party movement has seen great gains:

Jon Corzine– teabagged

Timothy Kaine– teabagged

Martha Coakley– teabagged.

The teabagging that the voters of Massachusetts gave to Martha Coakley was more than a normal teabagging. It was a repudiation of the national Democrat agenda. Harry Reid, you have been teabagged; Nancy Pelosi, you have been teabagged; and most important of all, Barack Obama, you and your agenda have been teabagged!

But the movement will not end here, this is just the beginning. The list is long: Barney Frank, Deval Patrick, John Lynch, Carol Shea-Porter, Paul Hodes, Jeanne Shaheen, John McCain, Olympia Snowe, Susan Collins, Arlen Spectre, Ben Nelson, Dick Durbin, Barbara Boxer; you are all on the teabagging list, but there are more, too many more to name. Some have already decided to “retire” instead of risking a chance at being teabagged– Chris Dodd and Byron Dorgon, to name just two.

We are watching everybody, and if you refuse to listen to the people, you will be teabagged. That is who we are and that is what we do. There are lessons to be learned from the Massachusetts election, hopefully the politicians in Washington are paying attention to us, because we are paying attention to them.

Who’s next? That is what they should be asking, because we are not going away and I think that the Washington politicians now know this is true. Listen to the voters or be teabagged, it is up to you.

Add to FacebookAdd to DiggAdd to Del.icio.usAdd to StumbleuponAdd to RedditAdd to BlinklistAdd to TwitterAdd to TechnoratiAdd to Yahoo BuzzAdd to Newsvine

1. LD Jackson permalink
    January 20, 2010 9:12 pm

Great article, Steve. Very well done.

Interesting that you write about Teabaggers, because I was listening to NPR this evening as I drove home from work. They were talking about the Teabag movement in Massachusetts and they mentioned that the Teabag group in the state picked up on the fact that Scott Brown could win the Senate seat much earlier than did the National Republican Party. It sounds to me like the movement made the difference between Brown and Coakley. Kudos to them for doing that.

• January 21, 2010 5:48 am

They just throw the term out there. don’t they? They continue to mock us, but they only have ten more months to do so, then it is our turn. We are under their skin, for no other reason than we disagree with them.

2. January 20, 2010 10:58 pm

Dude! This is the best blog title I have ever seen in my life. Great post, I believe
    they were worried all along, of course they just didn’t want to show it. All you Democrats open wide because you will be teabagged one by one, and I haven’t showered for two days.

3. Sam Price permalink
    January 20, 2010 11:00 pm

I’ve got to wonder if you know what teabagging actually means in gamer and youth culture. It is a little much to be throwing it around like you are.

• January 21, 2010 5:51 am

What do you think Anderson Cooper meant when he said, “it’s hard to talk when you’re teabagging.” It is fairly obvious what he was referring to.

• Sam Price permalink
        January 21, 2010 10:33 am

If you do know what it means then I’m sure you can understand that it’s a term that no one should be using, especially the good guys. We are not supposed to stoop to their level remember?

• January 21, 2010 1:51 pm

Sam, honestly, I almost didn’t post this because I didn’t want to stoop to their level. But I decided to gloat a little bit after the Mass. election, throw it back at them for once. And I have to admit, it did feel kinda good.

4. January 21, 2010 12:02 am

I have to be honest. I find the term gross and disgusting. I don’t like being referred to as a tea bagger. Be that as it may, you point is well taken…and you have a great title!

I think you are right. It is time to get rid of many of these useless politicians that just don’t seem to be able to hear us, ever!

• January 21, 2010 5:56 am

I don’t blame you for being upset at being called a teabagger, when you hear the term being used just remember they are saying it to get under your skin and to discredit what we are doing. I refuse to give them the pleasure. They are not laughing so much when they use the term any more because we are winning and they know it.

• Deb permalink
      January 21, 2010 4:11 pm

I’m with you, sister. I think it is funnier to men than it is to women, you know, like certain movies? anyway, I thought it was Jeaneane Gar”awful”o that said it first. I wonder if PMSNBC will change it’s format, or go off the air, or what. I think Anderson should get the beep out of there, and fast, if he knows what is good for him. and Keith has gone off the deep end, permanently. I’m surprised he is still employed by ESPN.

• January 21, 2010 11:27 pm

Don’t forget that ESPN fired Rush for his comment on the media over-rating Donovan Mcnabb. Keith is on the proper side according to ESPN.

5. January 21, 2010 1:13 pm

Hello Steve,

I just discovered your blog. Nice Job on the web presentation. I share many, many of the concerns you expressed in your ‘about me’ page – our families are our chief concern ! (I’m a proud father of 5, ages 5-15, with my incredible wife…)

Great to hear your sincere heart of devotion for Liberty – it’s so easy to feel isolated & alone in this battle – the web helps us connect !

Sounds like the free staters have picked the right place to make a stand: how do you like New Hampshire ? (We’re considering Wyoming ourselves).

I like your attitude about the Tea Parties. I have a test I’d like to see us pass – (situation allowing us, of course), to demonstrate that we are putting Principle above Partisanship:

For example, say we find a GOP who’s a Liberal Socialist lite encumbent, and then his oppponent who may be a genuine Conservative Democrat (don’t laugh – they exist in the South here, strange though it may seem), or independent Libertarian, will we support them against the GOP incumbent ? **

I ask this partly because the criticism of the left’s more trenchant voices say that the Tea Party movement is just a bunch of disguntled GOPer’s – nothing more. And to some degree, they can plausibly make that case, especially if we unwisely act in a preferential, partisan manner – excusing in GOP candiates or imcumbents what we’d object to in any Democrat.

One of them, Maddow, I think pointed out (correctly, she was having a rare moment…) that GWB was no friend of the Constitution from either a liberal or a conservative perspective – and thus generated little coattails to sweep other GOP members to office.

So that’s my concern.

I pray our, that is the ‘Tea Party’ movement standard is NOT to party or pragmatism (“right” is what works), but sturdy Principle.

Principles laid down by the Founders, introduced in the Declaration of Independence & formulated into a cohesion by the Constitution, and derived from our Natural, UNalienable rights, granted by God Himself.

So, to me, that is our challenge. How to stand on Principle, unwavering.

Keep in mind we, in the Tea Party movement, will be a target of co-opting by the trecherous within the GOP – not because these chamleons share our Principles, but out of their unalloyed envy to possess the levers of power or hatred for the Democrats.

The message of Liberty to me, is sometimes like a west Texas Oil strike – surprising in it’s power & hard to cap !

God bless you & the Republic,

David Alan

• January 22, 2010 6:11 am

Hi David, thanks! Five kids huh? That must be quite a bit of work, but I bet you wouldn’t change it for anything.
      The web has helped me connect in ways I had never thought possible, I have “met” so many like minded people here, it really helps.
      I love New Hampshire, even though we have been trending blue over the last few years. I made a prediction over a year ago that the 2010 midterms would be when New Hampshire begins her correction and I am hopeful that it is going to happen.
      I will NEVER, Ever vote for a RINO again. I said that I would never vote for McCain, but as we realized how radical Obama was and who he hung around with, I had to vote for McCain, and now we are seeing why. If I do not like the Republican on the ticket, I will vote third party, I am so sick of all of the crap that we have to put up with, I am not going to take it any more!
      Thank you for stopping by, and I hope to see you here in the future. There is allot of work to do between now and November.

• January 22, 2010 11:17 am

Steve, thanks for your reply.

Boy you have that right – it’s the hardest and most rewarding job in the world – my calling, rather ‘our’ calling – I wouldn’t make it a day without my dear wife.

We homeschool them – both share in the teaching – it’s a full time job all in itself. But it’s great knowing that we’re teaching them ‘right’ knowledge and Truth that will bless – and help preserve the culture & them long after we’re gone.

How else will the ‘de jure’ decendents of William Wallace and Benjamin Martin carry on ?

I jest only slightly – you understand, eh ? I tell all my fellow Patriots that they need to reproduce in greater numbers than the ‘other side’ !

Psalm 127 speaks of children as ‘arrows in the hands of a mighty warrior, that man will have the help he needs when contending with his enemies in the gates’.

That passage is so full of application to our age that it is stunning – not that I think of myself as a big time warrior, especially.

But a generation that unwisely cuts off it’s own children – and thus it’s grandchildren, is planning for it’s own demise – it’s vision for the future is gone.

The efforts we put into our child rearing – if we do it with devotion, love & discipleship, will have the effect of winning the ‘culture war’, making your fathers chair a sort of ‘fire control console’.

We’ve got ’em surrounded from Texas to New Hampshire, eh ?

For Liberty,

David Alan
        Texas (Republic of…)

6. January 21, 2010 2:19 pm

Re-reading my post, I forgot to define **:

For example, take our Texas GOP Governor’s race primary. The best candidate in the race is not either the sitting GOP governor, Rick Perry, or the Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson, but rather the challenger, Libertarian Debra Median from Houston. She honors Constitutional & limited government positions – see the recent debates – all the while the two insiders squabble about less than consequential issues.

Debra cut her teeth in the ‘Campaign for Liberty’ / Ron Paul movement – and her performance in the debate was widely heralded, both in the media & from grassroots idicators, to have beaten them both. Yes, she’s a true ‘tea party’ candidate. And I think the support she deserves is a test of our Principles. Even within the GOP ranks……..thanks DA

7. January 21, 2010 3:25 pm

Pat Buchanan nails it right here, putting this question in its proper light, “Is America Moving Right ?”

How do ya like them apples !

DA

8. Rick permalink
    January 21, 2010 6:07 pm

I think your idea is great
    Put it back on em…They got teabagged!
    Why not?
    We don’t want to stoop to their level? HA!
    Why not?
    I can’t wait for Barney, Reid and Pelosi to get theirs
    I’ll get the lotion (A little red eye humor there)

9. Rick permalink
    January 21, 2010 6:13 pm

You know what the more I think of it the funner it gets
    That line” You have been teabagged” has got to go down in history!
    Why didn’t Rush think of that one.
    Hey Pink Eyes why don’t you call Rush and tell him yourself
    That is classic…it sticks

10. January 21, 2010 8:09 pm

Rumor has it that Anderson Cooper is intimately familiar with “tea bagging.” That would make him an expert.

1. Friday, with wind, freezing rain, sleet, snow, Global Warming!! Plus extras!! « MaddMedic
  2. I am proud to be a “teabagger” « America's Watchtower