Eric Holder led the standing ovation for Felipe Calderon

May 22, 2010

What could be the one thing that is more outrageous and despicable than members of the United States congress giving Felipe Calderon a standing ovation for bashing Arizona’s immigration law? I am glad you asked, learning that Eric Holder is the man who led that ovation– that is what is more outrageous and despicable. But that is what happened according to Representative Steve King in the video posted below. A hat tip is in order for Texas Fred for finding the video.

This man is the attorney general of the United States of America, he is in charge of prosecuting federal crimes, he is the head of the Justice Department, and he stood up and led the standing ovation for the head of a foreign nation who stood in front of congress and bashed the laws that Eric Holder is supposed to uphold!?

As in the case of John Morton– assistance secretary of the Homeland Security’s Immigrations and Customs Enforcement Department, who stated that laws like Arizona’s are not the answer (this would include the federal law) and that his department would not process illegals sent from Arizona– we can only assume that Eric Holder disagrees with federal immigration laws. Why else would he stand and cheer a foreign leader for bashing Arizona’s law– which mirrors the federal law?

It is not Eric Holder’s job to write laws, it is his job to enforce the laws. But how can we trust him to prosecute the laws when he is so willing to show the American people that he doesn’t give a damn about certain laws?

Again, I return to John Morton. If John Morton does not agree with the immigration laws that his department was charged with enforcing than he should resign. It is not up to him to ignore these laws because he disagrees with them. While Eric Holder is not in charge of directly enforcing immigration laws, it is disconcerting to say the least that he would show this type of disdain to a law of the United States.

Eric Holder should resign, he disgraced himself, but more importantly he disgraced the United States of America.

Add to FacebookAdd to DiggAdd to Del.icio.usAdd to StumbleuponAdd to RedditAdd to BlinklistAdd to TwitterAdd to TechnoratiAdd to Yahoo BuzzAdd to Newsvine

1. May 22, 2010 1:10 pm

I know it’s difficult to sue the government, but what if Arizona authorities turn over an illegal to ICE, and the illegal is release? Then, what if the illegal goes and kills someone? Would that be criminal negligence on the part of the federal government?

• May 22, 2010 1:54 pm

Excellent question, Matt. And, while I’m not anything close to being a lawyer, I think the answer is ‘yes’. (Other charges may apply, too.) While no one wants anyone killed to prove a point, I can definitely see this scenario happening.

• May 22, 2010 8:30 pm

I don’t think that the federal government can be sued in a case like this, but I may be wrong. I would love to see it happen, not that I want Americans to die, but it would be great to see the government held accountable for the deaths they are neglecting while the borders remain open.

• May 22, 2010 8:27 pm

I would think so, but I think we all know that with Eric Holder as the attorney general that is never going to happen.

2. May 22, 2010 4:34 pm

Thank you Sir… I only speak, and post, what I believe, as do you… And we are becoming a rarity!

• May 22, 2010 8:40 pm

You are welcome! I hope that we are not as rare as you think we are. More Americans need to stand up and be heard.

3. May 22, 2010 4:49 pm

You know, I was thinking about this today because it is all over Twitter. For me, personally, this is ‘line in the sand’ , if you will. Our government has drawn a line in the sand and are blatantly standing against the states and against the American people.

They have drawn a line and said it is us against you.

Never in my life did I EVER dream I would witness such treasonous behavior. Never.

I am ashamed that these people are in power and are seen around the world as representing the country I love. Every one of them needs to be voted out, and I think, even impeached. They are no longer upholding their duties to protect America. Duties they took an oath to uphold!

• May 22, 2010 8:42 pm

You hit on a great point Dominique. I am also ashamed that his man goes across the world on behalf of American and bad mouths and blames America for all of the world’s problems when it is because of America that so many people are free across the globe.
      Barack Obama and his administration disgusts me!

4. May 22, 2010 11:10 pm

I could be wrong, but I believe that in the video (around 2:26) you see Holder as one of the last to stand.

• May 23, 2010 7:08 am

It looks like you are correct, the video you poasted is a better quality than the one I used. I guess that Steve King and I have different meaning as th what “led” means. TO me it means he would be the first to stand up, but apparently that is not what King meant.
      Was that Janet Napolitano standing there beside him? I hadn’t heard she participated in the ovation, but it looks like she did.

• May 23, 2010 8:32 am

It looked like they stood after everyone around them did. But the fact that any of the people stood and applauded a leader who bashed one of their states is disgusting at the very least.

5. Deb permalink
    May 23, 2010 12:03 am

I wish the camera angle was different at the beginning of the clapping. Just the fact that they did it at all is completely disgusting. Why do they keep talking about it as if it is something new? Is it not very (eerily) similar to the federal law? This is the “bizarro” U.S.

• May 23, 2010 7:11 am

I guess they see it as being a winner politically with the Latinos, but they are ignoring the polls that show 70% of voting Americans agree with the law.

1. Congress gives Felipe Calderon a standing ovation for bashing Arizona’s immigration law « America's Watchtower