Election 2010 wrap up

November 3, 2010

Well, the midterm election is finally over and the results are very good all across the nation and right here in New Hampshire as well. I will start with the results in New Hampshire before touching on what is happening in the nation

First, Democrat John Lynch managed to hold on to win an unprecedented 4th term as New Hampshire governor, but as I speculated earlier, he may be the last Democrat standing when all of the votes are tabulated, and he appears to be just that. Republicans have taken control of both the State House of Representatives and the State Senate, as well as gaining control of the Executive Council. And it looks as if this is more than just a victory, it looks like there will be a large turn around once all of the votes are counted.

When the night started Democrats held a majority of 224-176 majority in the House and it appears right now that Republicans will hold at least 290 seats–with the real possibility of winning 300 seats–when all the votes are in. In the State Senate the results are just as stunning, the Republicans have already won 16 of the 24 Senate seats and the number could rise up to anywhere from 18-20 once the vote counting is complete. This is a turn around from the 14-10 majority that the Democrats had enjoyed over the last two years.

But the news doesn’t end there, because in the Executive Council the turn around may be absolute. Democrats held a slim majority in the Executive Council of 3-2, but with over 90% of the votes counted all five seats look to be solidly Republican. This is unbelievable!

While John Lynch has managed to hold on, he can now fall into the category of being a DINO because he will have to move back to the center whether he wants to or not. The Republicans will now control the legislature and will have a veto proof super-majority. Governor John Lynch is now nothing but a figurehead and a lame duck governor who will have to work closely with the Republican majorities.

It was a clean sweep on the national level for New Hampshire Republicans. Kelly Ayotte, Frank Guinta, and Charlie Bass all won their races against their Democrat counterparts. New Hampshire is now deep in the red on both a local and national level and I couldn’t be happier with the results coming from last night’s election.

The news is just as good all across the nation as well. Sure, there are some people that won that I was hoping would lose; Barney Frank, Harry Reid, Barbra Boxer, and Nancy Pelosi being in that category, but all in all last night was a great night!

With Republicans taking over control of the House of Representatives and closing in on control of the Senate the people of America have sent a message to the president that he cannot afford to ignore.

As of right now Republicans have won at least 60 seats in the House and 6 seats in the Senate, possibly more after all of the votes are counted. This is a message to the president by the American people and he had better pay attention to the results of this election.

The president is scheduled to make a statement today on the results of the election and he is expected to talk about bipartisanship. But what he has to understand is that this election is a repudiation of his radical policies. Yes, it is time for the two parties to work together and compromise in order to get things done, but it is time for the president to make the compromises.

We will be watching over the next two years, and the Republicans had better not let us down again! They need to understand that we are sending them there to slow down this president’s radical agenda. It is time for Barack Obama to move back to the center, it is time for him to realize that the American people have spoken!

I have been blogging for almost four years now and for most of that time it hasn’t been a good period to be a conservative blogger as we have lost battle after battle. There have been many times when I have questioned why I am doing this, what is in it for me? Why am I wasting so much time doing this? But over the last year things began to turn around–Republicans won seven special elections in New Hampshire and I could feel the tide turning here. And last night was the payoff! November 2nd is the day that we began to take our country back and it has made all of the time worth the effort.

When the Tea Party began we were laughed at and made fun of, we were marginalized and trivialized. We were called names: racists, bigots, teabaggers, and Nazis to name a few, but we did not let that get us down. Last night the Tea Party had the last laugh, and while this probably won’t change the way the Tea Party is portrayed in the media you can rest assured that the politicians in Washington know that we are for real and we are not going away!

To all of the voters of America and to my brothers in arms all across the blogoshpere I say thank you! Last night we did it, but the fight is still just beginning. We will not rest until the country is back where it belongs–in the hands of the people.

I feel as if I have received an early Christmas present so I thought I would end this post with a video that captures both the theme of rebellion and Christmas, as well as my mood this morning.

Here is Muse with their song “Uprising” from Christmas of last year:

1. November 3, 2010 2:12 pm

Tuesday was just a glimpse of what the American electorate can do, we turned the House, we CAN turn the Senate and White House in 2012. Just don’t blow it in the interim period.

2. chris nordling permalink
    November 3, 2010 6:44 pm

The American people must be the most the biggest fools on this planet. re-electing the same People that dug the deepest hole this country has seen since the 1930’s letting the most conservitive supreme court open gates to money from corperations sway us sheep to vote for thier (YES MEN) . How will cost for yours or my FREEDOM OF SPEECH to be heard!!!

• November 3, 2010 6:47 pm

So brilliantly articulated. Tell me something, are you from Massachusetts?

• Chris permalink
      November 3, 2010 7:02 pm

The truth is the people that need both parents to work to pay thier bills will never be heard.

• November 3, 2010 8:30 pm

Actually, we WERE heard from last night. The biggest losers of the night were those that expect something for nothing.

3. chris permalink
    November 3, 2010 8:02 pm

I was born in the U.S.A. and my dad pay was enough to raise a family of 10

• November 3, 2010 8:29 pm

I didn’t imply that you were not from the USA, I asked if you were from Massachusetts. Although sometimes I have to wonder if Massachusetts is part of the USA.

4. LD Jackson permalink
    November 3, 2010 8:27 pm

You guys had a great night in the granite state, Steve. Almost as good as it was in Oklahoma. We have control of every state office and majorities in the State House and the State Senate. Our congressional delegation is overwhelmingly Republican as well.

I know you keep writing about this, as do I, but it is worth mentioning again. The new members we have just sent to Congress need to know their actions will be watched and judged. If they fail, we have shown them we know what to do.

• November 3, 2010 8:32 pm

I am so thrilled for New Hampshire and I am so thrilled for the nation that I still haven’t come down from that cloud just yet. Congrats on the great showing of your state as well!
      It can’t be mentioned enough about keeping the new Congress under the microscope for if we do not we will be right back where we started from!

5. November 4, 2010 8:47 am

Great job the all New Hampshire voters. You took a giant step in the right direction. We did our part in ND, overwhelmingly electing conservatives in the state government and FINALLY giving Earl Pomeroy his pink slip. You have done a great job Steve in the blogosphere and I’m honored to call you a brother in the conservative movement.

• November 4, 2010 7:05 pm

Glad to hear that you guys did as well in ND as we did hear! It is such a great feeling to finally have the work pay off after all of the recent defeats.
      Thanks for the compliment and let me state that the feeling is mutual. I think that we have built a great conservative coalition on the blogoshpere and I am looking forward to fighting alongside you and the others over the next two years.

6. November 4, 2010 5:41 pm

Great job. Maybe you can send a few of those voters out West here?

• November 4, 2010 7:06 pm

Thanks, I have been trying to convince some family and friends to move up here to help solidify our base. Maybe I can convince some to head out there also.

1. New Hampshire primary wrap up, on to South Carolina « America's Watchtower
  2. Latest New Hampshire presidential poll (07/18/12) shows Mitt Romney gaining on Barack Obama « America's Watchtower