Gunrunner: Allen West calls for Eric Holder to resign

July 14, 2011

Darrell Issa has done a magnificent job in exposing Eric Holder’s involvement in Operation Gunrunner. Now it is time for this case to be turned over to a special prosecutor for while Eric Holder denied any knowledge of the botched operation until “a few weeks ago” we have video proof that Eric Holder knew about Operation Gunrunner from the very beginning.

Eric Holder has perjured himself and needs to resign because he should be facing criminal charges at this point, yet there has not been a great out crying from our elected officials for Eric Holder’s resignation. That changed today when Allen West came out swinging and called on Eric Holder to step down.

“I think this is a pattern that we see coming out of the Department of Justice under Eric Holder’s leadership – tutelage – whatever you want to call it. If it is true that the Department of Justice as the Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms has said, if they’re being obstructionist to this investigation. An investigation into an incident that led to the death of an United States Border Patrol Agent. Than somebody needs to take responsibility and I think that someone is Eric Holder. Step down

He also cited the “Justice” Department’s decision not to prosecute the Black Panthers for voter fraud as another example of why Eric Holder should resign, calling this decision a travesty of justice:

“Look, we saw another travesty of justice with this Black Panther voter intimidation case when all of sudden he decides that’s something he does not want to pursue. His job is about upholding the laws of this country”

Allen West went on to state that if Barack Obama does not call for Eric Holder’s resignation personally than he is partially responsible for the lack of justice from the “Justice” Department:

I think he needs to step down. The president needs to recognize that he (Holder) is failing as the head of the Department of Justice and if the president does not do that, then maybe he’s complicit into what is happening in the Department of Justice

Strong words indeed, but words which must be spoken and it is about time that someone stood up and called out both Eric Holder and Barack Obama for these injustices. Hopefully now that Allen West has spoken out it will encourage others in the Congress to do the same.

With the lies and the deceptions and the obstruction coming from the head of the department that is supposed to uphold the law there is no way that Eric Holder can remain in charge of the “Justice” Department, it is time for other members of the Congress to step up and apply pressure on Eric Holder and Barack Obama.

Allen West is a true leader and this is on full display with his pointed, no holds barred demand for Eric Holder’s resignation. The only question remaining is; are there others in the Congress as strong as Allen West who will step up to the plate? Justice needs to be served and as long as Eric Holder is in charge of the “Justice” Department it is dubious at best to think that the American people can count on this department to uphold the law.

1. July 14, 2011 7:57 pm

It’s about time that some/one of our “others” has come out in support of the heavy lifting being done by Darrell Issa. Allen West could be an important player in the conservative movement much sooner than most people have thought.

• July 14, 2011 8:23 pm

Allen West could be a big time player very soon and I am still holding out hope that he will jump in the presidential race.

2. Otis P. Driftwood permalink
    July 14, 2011 9:10 pm

Allen West, Marco Rubio – my homestate is doing me proud. (Except for that Wasserman-Schultz Biatch) Allen West ALWAYS comes out swinging. NOBODY intimidates this man.

I don’t think Allen will run for President, although that would be awesome. He has said he was elected to represent his state in Congress and that is what he is gonna do. And I concur with that. For now. Let him become better known, although people are very rapidly getting to know him. He has said that he doesn’t think that he has the experience for it. Yet. Four more years in Congress will give him a lot more experience and a much deeper understanding about how things work. That might sound political, but after all he is a politician. But a politician that finally sees what is going on and a politician that finally understands that his first and foremost duty is allegiance to his constituents’ wishes.

And he isn’t afraid to implicate The Anointed One in any of this. A Dream Come True – Allen West against barack obama in a debate. Ain’t gonna happen. Little barry would run with his tail twixt his legs.

• July 15, 2011 6:15 am

I am holding out hope, but I don’t think he is going to run. He appears to be a man of his word and he gave his word to the people of Florida that he would represent them so that is what he is going to do. You have some great congressmen in Florida, and I heard your governor on the radio the other day and he sounded impressive.

3. stinkprogress permalink
    July 14, 2011 9:13 pm

Go West go! They are hoping this story fades away. I.hope it is just getting started. What better way to turn this disaster around than to bring down this criminal regime? Before 2012 if west ran he would win

• July 15, 2011 6:16 am

They may want this story to go away but we aren’t going to let it. Neither is Issa from how it appears.

4. July 14, 2011 10:45 pm

I think they should put the heat on Holder to see what Obama knew and when he knew it.

5. Old Marine permalink
    July 14, 2011 10:53 pm

This debt ceiling debacle is sucking up all the air. Holder is praying they never reach a compromise. However it appears more and more likely that Holder will not be able dodge answering some questions. Hopefully he will resign first. When this debt thing clears I think we will see some more people demand answers.

• July 15, 2011 6:17 am

That could be, the debt ceiling is getting all the attention and Holder is slipping under the radar right now. But when the debt ceiling debate is over the MSM will not cover Gunrunner, it will still be up to us to keep the story going.

• July 15, 2011 4:08 pm

I agree, Steve… we’ve seen this too many times. Get two stories going at the same time, and the one that gets ignored never gets coverage. By the time the story that gets covered is settled, the other one is “…old news– why should we waste time on that?”

It will, indeed, be up to us to keep the story going.

• July 15, 2011 7:31 pm

This administration are masters at sleight of hand, this tactic might have worked before the “alternative media” came into play, but it doesn’t work any more. We must keep the heat on!

6. July 15, 2011 12:35 am

I agree with Jim. What has taken so long for Issa to get some support from his fellow congressmen and women. I mean how much smoke do you need before you finally say there might be a fire. I applaud Allen West for his words not let’s put them to action.

7. LD Jackson permalink
    July 15, 2011 5:56 am

I am of the opinion that a certain Attorney General is close to having tire tracks on his back. Someone is going to have to take the heat for Fast and Furious and trust me, it will not be President Obama. If anyone goes under the bus, it will be Eric Holder.

• July 15, 2011 6:19 am

I think if the investigation starts to focus on Obama then Holder will definitely step down, but even if he does the investigation must not stop.

8. July 15, 2011 10:29 am

In answer to your question…
    “The only question remaining is; are there others in the Congress as strong as Allen West who will step up to the plate?”

Issa, Allen West, Marco Rubio [period] Unless I have missed something the rest are a bunch of ball-less wimps.

West and Rubio will honor their commitments look for them in 2020 after 8 years of Statesman Cain.

Aloha From Sunny South Florida!

• LD Jackson permalink
      July 15, 2011 1:23 pm

I might agree on most of them, but our Oklahoma Senators, Tom Coburn and Jim Inhofe are not so spineless.

• July 15, 2011 7:35 pm

I would agree that many of those in Washington don’t have the guts to stand up and fight, but I think Larry is right, he has a couple of great senators there as well. I think that Rubio and West will eventually seek higher office, but it won’t be this time around because I think they take theri obligations seriously and they do not want to go back on the promise they made to their constituents.

9. July 15, 2011 6:19 pm

I personally think that Eric gave the green light on this from the get go! Sorry I’ve not been around for a while, but with my wife passing it’s been all I could do just to maintain a few post.

• July 15, 2011 7:37 pm

So do I, there is no doubt in my mind that Holder authorized this plan and is now trying to backtrack.
      I cannot begin to image what you have been going through since your wife passed, do not feel bad for not being around it is totally understandable. I am glad to see you getting back in the arena though, it might help to provide you with some normalcy in your life.

10. toldya permalink
    July 17, 2011 6:24 am

Here is an interesting example of misinformation by the statist propaganda media. If you get pissed and try to leave a comment, be forewarned, I left several yesterday and they’ve yet to be posted. I see this with a lot of really “left wing” media and UK papers. They’ll put out a piece of propaganda filled to the brim with falsities, then they’ll shut down the comments section when they get called out on it by readers.

• July 17, 2011 7:28 am

Funny how they don’t mention Gunrunner in that article at all, isn’t it? I have left a comment, we will see if it gets approved.

1. Teeing it up: A Round at the LINKs | SENTRY JOURNAL