Open thread for Sunday, June 8th: One

June 8, 2014

Here is the open thread for Sunday, June 8th; please feel free to post links to interesting articles and to discuss whatever issues arise during the course of the day. Nothing is off-topic here.

As usual you can follow America’s Watchtower on Facebook and Twitter by clicking the links on the right. I often post links to articles I probably will not be writing about so it is a great way to keep up with what is going on in the world. You can also subscribe to receive email updates and if you do you will never miss a post again.

In case you have not noticed I have replaced the old Twitter widget with a new, fully interactive Twitter widget. This widget updates my tweets in near real time and allows you to respond to or retweet my tweets right from the blog. Is also allows you to tweet me right from America’s Watchtower. How cool is that! If you do not have a Twitter account what better reason do you need to sign up for one!?

Please check out what the New Federalist Party has been up to by clicking on the link to the right. On the NFP Facebook page you will find a link to the party platform. Check it out and if you like what you see we are currently looking for donations and delegates to the states for the convention.

Metallica is supposed to headline the Glastonbury music festival this year but that might now be in jeopardy because the oh so tolerant left found out that lead singer James Hetfield is a big game hunter and is set to narrate a new television show about bear hunting. Naturally they want Metallica booted from the festival.

So today I stand in solidarity with Metallic and give you their song ‘One’ as performed live with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra.

1. June 8, 2014 8:35 am

Easy Choice Here Bro !
    Apocalyptica – Nothing Else Matters (Metallica cover)

Apocalyptica :
    Have A Nice Day !
    Wil.

June 8, 2014 4:07 pm

The headlines I am looking over seems to be at an all time high this weekend! It seems to me when that happens, there is something else going on! Guess when I see “them” being open about something, my mind starts thinking “WTF” are they not saying!!! I have become a skeptic when it comes to the media or what the “off the record, do not quote me” bunch is letting slip from the White House. It seems the most I am finding is all the illegals being bussed all over the country with diseases. Who of the group in our house has picked that topic that will really get people panicking? I mean that is a 2 for 1 panic there, we will surely be crying out for the government to bring out martial law to control the mass chaos and have the CDC gearing up and start pushing vaccines. This could be the hot topic for a few weeks to keep us little people busy, right? Sorry, guess my imagination is running wild this afternoon!

• Laura Bernard Mielcarek permalink
      June 8, 2014 5:07 pm

I LIKE wild imaginations, reading other’s ‘out there’ thoughts allows me to think, for a short time, that I’m not nuts! Lol. 🙂

June 8, 2014 8:55 pm

We may, on the blogs, be the last ones that still are able to think for ourselves! It is so much easier for people not to ponder anything now when the media has all the answers just waiting for them. This way they do not have to lie in bed at night trying to figure out how to fix this mess! I have people that tell me they do not vote, that they figure things will all work out in the end. They say, after all, what will one vote help??? I do not waste my time anymore on those people! They will learn soon enough what that lack of voting will cause. Now, I also have to wonder if it more beneficial that they sit out as opposed to voting for the wrong people? So, to answer your question, no I do not think you are nuts!

• June 9, 2014 5:37 am

I wouldn’t waste my time on those people either because they are never going to get it. It is sad that so many people decide not to vote and to just listen to what the MSM tells them. I think you are right, they find this to be the easy way out.

• June 8, 2014 6:44 pm

Yeah, when the media is focusing on one issue we must look for the issue they are ignoring and the illegal alien dump is what they are ignoring. I have been guilty as well, while I have been following it I have not been covering it. Hopefully I will get to it this week!

June 8, 2014 9:05 pm

We are not hearing about in the tube, but the conservative journalists are writing to get it out there about the illegal dump! How much more money do we need to spend on illegals? Now, I am ALSO concerned that the Prezzy was chewing gum at the ceremony on the beach for the D-Day 70 year recognition. While it is a lack of respect, we know he has no manners, but boy was it really news worthy? The media has become as big of a jokeas he is.

• June 9, 2014 5:40 am

Yeah, they had to jump all over that gum thing in order to distract from the real issues. How long are people going to fall for that, and besides we need to cut Obama a break on that one–he needed his nicorette! 🙂

3. June 8, 2014 6:01 pm

Just wait until a substantial number of these hundreds of thousands if illegal alien children are diagnosed with autism and ADS. Imagine what the meds and the one on one care will cost us taxpayers? And then the gov ‘t can construct Ronald McDonald type houses, ready for when the parents of the sick children are flown in. This way they’ll have solace to crash after they’re registered for welfare, foodstamps, SS benefits, Obummercare and a trip to the DMV.

• June 8, 2014 6:46 pm

they are creating a crisis in order to take advantage of it. Look for support for amnesty to grow because we have to deal with this problem–exactly what the Obama regime wants.

June 8, 2014 9:14 pm

Peter, we might as well start funneling our spare cash into a fund for all those illegals! Why they are going to be our problem, I just do not know. We had 2 kids, that is what we felt we could afford! We were responsible! We have enough American kids we are already supporting now, think our government tells their parents to do the responsible thing and STOP pumping out babies if they cannot take care of them??? Haha! No they just tell us we have added a couple more kids to our taxes! Ya, let us go ahead and add some illegals while we are at it! As Hillary says, ” what difference does it make”!

June 8, 2014 9:41 pm

I just read over at Weasel Zippers that now not only are they busing the illegals into Arizona for the dump, but now also flying them in! Has our government gone crazy? I guess all we can say is that they will be showing up in our towns and we damn well had better like it!