Jon Stewart blasts Democrat fundraising hypocrisy

October 14, 2014

I just did a quick search of America’s Watchtower and just as I thought this is the first time I have ever posted anything from Jon Stewart, but this is pretty funny. In this video he takes on the hypocrisy of the Democrats for railing against all the money in politics while at the same time going to extremes to ensure they continue to out-raise the Republicans.

Enjoy:

1. MaddMedic permalink
    October 14, 2014 9:43 pm

Reblogged this on Freedom Is Just Another Word… and commented:
    A LIEberal attacking his own!!!

2. Bruce permalink
    October 14, 2014 9:47 pm

I hate hypocrisy from either side, although I do think more comes from the left. so I do applaud Jon for pointing it out. I was also very impressed with Bill Mar for taking on stupid Ben Afflick on Islam. I think that was a harder task having to debate him face to face.

• October 14, 2014 9:57 pm

I have posted a few things from Maher because every once in awhile he gets one right. The debate he had with Affleck is on such case. I was going to post it but did not get around to it.

October 15, 2014 7:39 am

With everything moving at such a fast pace in politics, you would have to quit your job and becoming full time here in order to cover everything! I somehow do not think that is going to happen in the near future. You are going to be working a good many more years, my friend, Obama will see to that!

• October 15, 2014 7:30 pm

In my dream world this blog would be big enough to be a full time job, but that is not going to happen. I can dream though…

3. October 14, 2014 9:54 pm

Something we wouldn’t have seen 6 years ago.

4. October 14, 2014 10:12 pm

Now if MSNBC could finally catch on. That would be something.

5. October 14, 2014 10:14 pm

A couple of thoughts…

(1) It is a sad state of affairs that it takes a comedian to point these things out.

(2) It is equally a sad state of affairs that a comedian is more trusted as a source of news than professional journalists. You know maybe it just proves what your side has been saying all along… MSNBC is a joke.

• October 14, 2014 10:30 pm

I actually know people who rely on Jon Stewart for their news and when you point out that he is a comic they do not seem to care. The fact that more people find him more reliable than the MSM is very troubling and it shows how far the networks have fallen.

October 15, 2014 7:41 am

It might be the way he delivers it. When there is a side of irony with it and told in a funny sort of way, maybe people are more open to listen. We are on “bad news” overload and I think alot of people are just tuning it out.

• October 15, 2014 7:31 pm

I don’t blame people for tuning it out, it helps them to keep their sanity, but these are too important of times to not be paying attention!

• October 15, 2014 9:50 pm

I think it would be more akin to political news overload. Any more you can’t hardly go anywhere without running into something that has been politicized. This is especially true anywhere on the internet (*cough* Facebook *cough*). The media (all forms) sure has done a good job of making us polarized.

• October 16, 2014 5:52 am

Yeah, nowadays with the news available every single issue becomes a political issue to be used to divide us.

6. October 15, 2014 8:33 pm

80% of the time Jon Stewart is true to his liberal views, but there have been a number of times where he does an amazing job of pointing out liberal hypocrisies. And he’s pretty funny about it.

• October 15, 2014 8:36 pm

Hi Dee, glad to see you again! It is entertaining to see the left turning on Obama, I just wish it happened sooner!

• October 15, 2014 10:32 pm

To be honest, you should have been paying closer attention. The liberals have been disappointed with Obama for a very long time; it was one of the drivers of the Occupy movement. The true liberals do not like Obamacare at all (it did not go far enough) and has been far too friendly with Wall Street (even more so now that the statute of limitations on the fraud they committed that caused the crash is expiring).

• October 15, 2014 10:36 pm

I think what I wrote was way more harsh than I intended (specifically the first sentence). My apologies if I offended.

• October 16, 2014 5:54 am

No offense taken. There have been some cracks in the left for awhile but nothing like what we are seeing now. I suppose once a crack appears it is only a matter of time before it grows if it is not taken care of.
        I remember Occupy as being more opposed to business and the 1% than actually opposing the President.