Open thread for Sunday, March 29th: ‘Dead Inside’

March 29, 2015

open-thread  Here is the open thread for Sunday, March 29th. Please feel free to post links to interesting articles and to discuss whatever issues arise during the course of the day. Nothing is off-topic here.

Last week we covered 13 stories, did you miss any of them? If so there is an easy way to make sure it does not happen again. I understand that all of you are busy and cannot always find the time to check the blog for updates so why not subscribe to America’s Watchtower and receive email updates whenever I write a new post? That is the easiest way to follow the blog to ensure you never miss another post.

In addition to subscribing you can also follow America’s Watchtower on Facebook and Twitter by clicking the links on the right. But you will get more than that for I often post links to articles I probably will not be writing about so it is a great way to keep up with what is happening.

The Twitter widget in the sidebar is fully interactive. This widget updates my tweets in real time and allows you to respond to or retweet my tweets right from the blog. It also allows you to tweet me right from America’s Watchtower. How cool is that! If you do not have a Twitter account what better reason do you need to sign up for one!

Now on to the musical selection of the week: A couple of weeks ago I shared the first audio sample released from Muse’s upcoming new CD entitled “Drones.” That song was entitled “Psycho” and now the first single has hit the airwaves. This song is called “Dead Inside” and I happened to find a video of the first (and as far as I know, the only) time the band performed has this song live to date and here it is. It is an audience recording but the audio and the video are sill pretty good.

Enjoy:

1. March 29, 2015 7:05 am

10 B52’s 09 UK SUBS 08 Enrico Carruso 07 Discharge 06 Biker Song 05 The ex
    04 Kraftwerk 03 Siouxsie and the Banshees 02 Joy Division

01 Killing Joke
    That’s it, that’s my number one, those two albums did follow me all my life and I still enjoy it.
    They are bands that you can listen for awhile and then can’t stand them anymore.
    When someone die people just see all the Good about that someone. On my side there are good, but no one, have the idea of what going inside.. Listen to Killing Joke and you might have clue. Beside that it reduce the hypocrisy, it tell the revolt and to shake the system and its criteria’s..
    Killing Joke : Killing Joke 1980

Killing Joke : What’s This For…! 1981

Bonus : Swiss Track : KdF/Mutterfreuden – OUTSIDER 1980

And now it is up to you… 🙂
    God Bless You All !!

• March 29, 2015 4:55 pm

Finally number one is revealed! I have only one Killing Joke CD and that one is “Night Time.”

• March 30, 2015 3:25 am

with love like blood… In my eyes they had already leave, the Punk Underground to go for something else. There are some good, some bad.
        But the Sound and Spirit of the Two first LP will stay in those two..

• March 30, 2015 5:46 am

Yes, that’s the first song I heard by Killing Joke and that is why I bought the CD.

March 29, 2015 7:08 pm

I could get used to listening to this group! Now that you have the count down done, what else do you have for us??

• March 30, 2015 3:13 am

Well, I back in line. And like before I shall put a video or two depending what steve put on his tread.
      I was hoping that someone else put his 10 or 5 best band or song.
      I follow the blog also, I don’t get involve when I don’t know the surrounding of the story, I write Only when I do.

• March 30, 2015 3:34 am

polemic nirvana killing joke plagiarism

‘Killing joke’ claimed that ‘Nirvana’ had stolen their intro to ‘Come as you are’ from their song ‘Eighties’. watch and make up your own mind.. . .

• March 30, 2015 5:48 am

Maybe I will come up with a list, I will have to put a little thought into it to figure out who ranks where. (I already know number 1)

• March 30, 2015 5:49 am

There are some similarities in the song’s into!

March 30, 2015 8:06 am

Not being here right in the middle of crap, I can understand you do not know the particulars and would rather sit this one out. We are in big trouble here, SDL, the problem is, so few people know it and even fewer are trying to do anything about it. There are times I would love to be looking in from a distance, but with grandbabies, I have to be involved the best I can.

I also think that some of the best reporting is done from OUTSIDE the country in foreign papers, our media has been bought and paid for by this Administration.

I might take a crack at the “top 10” songs, but they will not be on the level of yours, you have to remember I am 61 and was raised on different tunes. You may laugh at them, but then again you are what you listen to. Guess that is why I like what you and Steve and others post, it opens my horizons a bit to things I have never heard and I appreciate that.

• March 30, 2015 9:28 am

Lou, it is the point, putting band that has make a difference in your life. Or refer to event, a period of life or simply because YOU like it.

• March 30, 2015 7:16 pm

It is a sad state of affairs Lou when we have to turn to foreign papers to read about what the US media refuses to report.
        We will not laugh at your musical selections, I like all different types of music and I have a couple of “guilty pleasures” I have not admitted to here yet…maybe someday in the future.
        Most people do not like the music which I consider to be my favorite–old alternative music but I enjoy it and that is all that matters to me.

2. March 29, 2015 10:56 am

Here’s another one to promote GOOD!

3. futuret permalink
    March 29, 2015 10:59 am

ATTENTION MOTHERS AND FATHERS, AND EXPECTING PARENTS:

• March 29, 2015 4:59 pm

Another encroachment and of course we know this DNA will be stored as a sample for the entire person’s life.

March 30, 2015 8:13 am

I do not remember this being done when my 40 year old was born, but believe it was for when my son was, he is 35 years old. Ya, we were told it was for their own good, but not that it was being stored. I mean it was just a little “heel stick” and nothing to worry about. Doesn’t it make you wonder when you go to the doctor and they force all the tests on you, maybe they are doing the same thing with OUR DNA? Do you put anything past them now? I surely do not. I think my son refused alot of stuff they wanted to do with his two boys, aged 5 and almost 2, not sure how long you can get away with that. I do know that when they were born, they never left either his or his wifes sight while at the hospital. Some would say they were paranoid, I would say they were just smart.

• March 30, 2015 7:20 pm

It might sound paranoid but you remember the old line? “Just because I am paranoid doesn’t mean they are not after me.” I don’t doubt they are saving these DNA samples…

4. March 30, 2015 10:41 am

COMING FOR OUR MONEY—GLOBAL COMMUNISM A BLAZE:

March 30, 2015 1:16 pm

SDL, Steve and all the rest of my blog friends, I am going to take a stab at my top 10, as SDL did. You will have to remember my tastes will be much different than yours were and hopefully you will know some of mine. I will start them with the 60’s and hopefully hit some of the 70’s and 80’s and work my way up 10 spots. I probably had pretty much of a Mid-west upbringing, so it should reflect this area. I think that Sundays should be a day of laid back, listening and maybe thinking about good times and songs from the past. My first will have to be Roy Orbison, i will put a 60’s video, that is when his voice had the best control, one has to respect the range this man had: