The IRS claims employees accidentally erased Lois Lerner email backup tapes

June 26, 2015

The IRS is now claiming that some of its employees accidentally erased the backup tapes which likely contained thousands of Lois Lerner’s long sought after emails. Here is more:

Investigators are blaming mistakes by IRS employees — not a criminal conspiracy — for the loss of thousands of emails related to the tax agency’s tea party scandal.

IRS workers erased 422 computer backup tapes that “most likely” contained as many as 24,000 emails to and from former IRS official Lois Lerner, who has emerged as a central figure in congressional investigations, according to IRS’s inspector general.

The workers erased the tapes a month after IRS officials discovered that an untold number of Lerner’s emails were lost. The IG says the workers were unaware of a year-old directive not to destroy email backup tapes.

Of course this was an accident and not part of a cover up, right? It is just another remarkable coincidence that these tapes were erased just one month after it was learned the emails were lost.

This reminds me of the movie The Big Easy, has anyone seen it? Remy is a crooked cop who is being investigated by the Feds. At one point in the movie they have video evidence of him taking a bribe so he goes out one night and throws a magnet through the window of a business. The magnet is taken in as evidence of a break in and another cop just happens to place the magnet next to the video, which destroys it and the charges are dropped.

Sounds eerily similar does it not…

Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

1. June 26, 2015 7:55 pm

Reblogged this on Brittius.

• June 26, 2015 8:21 pm

Thanks again!

• June 26, 2015 8:22 pm

You’re welcome.

2. Bruce permalink
    June 26, 2015 8:31 pm

Sounds like “some IRS employees” are going to get a nice raise. Service “above and beyond the call of duty”

• June 27, 2015 6:15 am

A nice little bonus is probably in the works as we speak…

June 26, 2015 8:33 pm

Blah, blah, blah! Nothing new here,,,,let’s try and tell them the same thing again that it was accidentally erased, or somebody accidentally hit it with something large and heavy, or it just destroyed itself or Lois spilled coffee on it or the CAT did it…I am so sick of the lies!!! It is flat “in your face” lies. I wish they would just say they did it and there is nothing we can do about it, so get over it. It is not like there is ever going to be anything stick to them, they are above the law….but you make a mistake on your IRS tax return,,,,OH BOY!!!!! This is just something to bring up while they are pulling more crap on us, I know I have become cynical, it is just in my nature, I guess.

• June 27, 2015 6:17 am

“It is so in your face”
      That is what I find most frustrating about this Lou. It is so obvious they are lying and they know we know they are lying and they are so arrogant that they just don’t care.

4. June 26, 2015 8:35 pm

Let’s see what happens to good ole Hillary’s computer’s hard drive.

June 26, 2015 8:39 pm

At this point, what difference does it make?????

• June 27, 2015 6:17 am

What Lou said!

June 26, 2015 8:38 pm

On weaselzippers this was one headline: John Boehner Gets His First Air Force One Flight With Obama To Charleston, SC…
    this is another: RINO To The Rescue On TPA: Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell Has An Out-Of-Body Experience, After Obama Phone Call…

Do you maybe think we have been sold out? Are they that stupid that they do not know Obama has no liking for them other than to use them? He is laughing at how stupid they are!

• June 27, 2015 6:19 am

I saw those two headlines and laughed because it has reached the point of absurdity! They have sold us out and I have to believe that you are right; Obama is laughing at them.

June 27, 2015 8:09 am

To him they are just “old white guys”! This is a reflection on US that for whatever reason this is the best we could find to put in the top 2 Congress positions? And then to keep re-electing them? What does that make us?

• June 27, 2015 8:18 am

It makes us ignorant. Not stupid – well some are – just not educated about the power the People have. This lack of knowledge is deliberate on the part of those who would control us.

The People have allowed our servants, entities we created, to tell us what we can and can’t do because too many of the People don’t even know who has the power in this Country.

June 27, 2015 8:31 am

Too many of the people don’t want to get involved….I cannot begin to tell you how many people say,,,,”don’t talk politics to me”, they think that things will all work out in the end…what does it make those people? Guess they sleep better at night than we do knowing that our Government has our backs!!!! Haha!

• June 27, 2015 2:58 pm

I think what has happened in this country is this; the people who think it is okay for the government to tell us what is good for us and rule this way have either forgotten or never knew that the people we elect are supposed to represent us and do what we want them to. They work for us we do not work for them and we would be much better off if more people understood this.

• June 27, 2015 4:54 pm

Steve, I think most of them never knew. I have had so many forum discussions with people who are ignorant of this fact. Many want to argue with me that our representatives are supposed to follow a political party agenda, are supposed to use their own personal views and beliefs when making our laws. Too many don’t even understand the dangers of allowing non-constituents to donate to campaigns. They don’t understand that someone in ohio has no right to influence an election in michigan; that that person has no right to choose someone else’s representative; they don’t understand that it’s why our representatives no longer obey their constituents. It’s so frustrating and discouraging when so many of the ‘good guys’ just don’t get it.

• Zip-a-Dee permalink
        June 27, 2015 3:18 pm

Steve, just saw this “The book burning begins: Movies, book covers and computer games being banished… calls for taking down the American flag, bulldozing Southern memorials, removing flags from children’s toys and more” http://www.naturalnews.com/050201_book_burning_American_flag_historical_monuments.html
        Laura was mentioning about the education system being ‘directed’, this goes right along w/ it. Lou, how many people will go along w/ this?!

June 27, 2015 6:19 pm

Zip, there will be ALOT of them that will go along with it,,,they think the Government is there to take care of us. Not sure when that has become one of their jobs descriptions, but apparently it is. We are going to go along with them wiping out a whole southern culture and history because there is something offensive to someone else. This is the politically correct thing to do? Where does it end, if ever? Get over this crap! They get on a roll and become entitled…I am Irish, my family was discriminated against during my Great-grandfathers time and I am not complaining, that is in the past…you let that go. Jackson, Sharpton and Farrakhan need to shut the hell up! Race baiters and money hungry, bastids, all of them. They are going to start something they may be sorry they started, that is what I am afraid of.

• June 27, 2015 6:45 pm

I agree with your assessment 100% Laura!

• June 27, 2015 6:46 pm

He who controls history Zip controls the future…
        Sickening!

• June 27, 2015 6:47 pm

Lou, I think we can blame FDR for most of this mindset. I think that is probably when the mindset began to change.

6. Zip-a-Dee permalink
    June 26, 2015 8:40 pm

The wrong things are being ‘erased’ … wrong people not getting canned.

June 26, 2015 8:50 pm

It won’t change, Zip!

• June 27, 2015 6:20 am

It depends on what your definition of wrong is… 😉

• Zip-a-Dee permalink
        June 27, 2015 1:08 pm

Their right is our wrong. Is THAT what you mean :-/

• June 27, 2015 2:59 pm

Pretty much, it is right out of 1984 isn’t it?

7. June 26, 2015 10:37 pm

No. They were not accidentally erased. They were erased on purpose. Erased knowing that our Congress will do nothing to hold these law-breakers accountable.

The same way hclinton knew she was breaking the law by using a private server and email; knew she was breaking the law by not keeping a record of all her State emails; knew she was breaking the law by erasing some when asked for them by the State Dept. She knew this and did it anyway because she knew something else. No one would hold her accountable and most of the Country wouldn’t care that she is a liar and criminal.

Congress has neutered itself and our current federal government is completely illegitimate and lawless.

• Zip-a-Dee permalink
      June 27, 2015 1:26 am

Right again Laura. That’s why I’m thinking that the things they’re establishing aren’ legal.

• June 27, 2015 6:59 am

If you mean what Congress is doing, you are right. All one has to do is read the Constitution to know that what all 3 branches of our government are doing is not legal.

Then again, all 3 branches have been doing illegal things for years and years!

• Zip-a-Dee permalink
        June 27, 2015 1:11 pm

I sent Brittius a question about that – if those making the rules are corrupt thieves do we have to obey their ill awful rules. He said yes. Which means they have to be removed and replaced – that’s what I meant that it would take an ACT OF GOD to rectify it! All branches have been plagued and diseased.

• June 27, 2015 6:23 am

I think you nailed it Laura; these people are doing what they are doing because they know the Congress doesn’t have the guts or the will to do anything about it other than put on a show trial. Until they fear repercussions nothing is going to change.

June 27, 2015 8:21 am

Laura, I think that Hillary has a copy of everything somewhere…she does because at some time in the future she made need it to blackmail someone. I doubt anything she does is ever not covered thoroughly. Of course she will not turn them over, she knows that Obama will bring something else up for the people to focus on. I do not think he likes her, personally, but he has been given the orders to push the agenda forward and she is part of that agenda.

• June 27, 2015 8:27 am

I agree, Lou. She has all of them! We already know she and hubby like to ‘punish’ those who aren’t ‘with’ them.

I think there are few people obama does like. Most he sees as being beneath him and there just for his own personal use.

He doesn’t recognize others as being real. There’s a name for people like that….

• June 27, 2015 3:01 pm

Anyone who thinks these tape disappeared by mistake are simply lying to themselves because they want to believe it.

8. Dr. Jeff permalink
    June 27, 2015 2:28 am

You know, I remember at least one Democrat who said that Nixon would have kept his office if he’d only destroyed the tapes.

With both Obama and Hillary, we’re dealing with people who make Nixon look like an innocent choir boy.

We haven’t seen people as callous and evil since the days of Machiavelli and the Medicis. How can people not see evil when it’s staring them in the face? Even the Los Angeles Times and the New York Times have published serious information about both Obama’s and Hillary’s misdeeds, but they still support them! They still treat them as honorable patriots while they call people like us terrorists.

What the hell is going on here?

• June 27, 2015 6:25 am

And with Nixon it was his own party which called for his resignation. It seems like there was more of a sense of honor back then. Now it seems as if there are no boundaries the politicians won’t defend

• June 27, 2015 7:28 am

There isn’t anything our elected officials won’t defend, Steve.

• June 27, 2015 3:02 pm

Except the Constitution…

• June 27, 2015 7:10 am

Recently, I find myself asking that question every day, sometimes more than once a day.

People just don’t seem to care who is running things as long as they still get the things they want.

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that our messed up education system has played a big part. I know no one else has made that correlation before. 😉

But, we can’t point to just one cause, many factors were/are involved. It’s almost as if some people are following a set of instructions on how to destroy our Country…

• June 27, 2015 1:04 pm

That’s one of the Commie steps – take over the education system. This corruption and evil intent has been in the mix probably as soon as the Declaration of Independence was signed. Slowly moving the plumb line, until we are where we are today.
        Also, the ‘hype propaganda media’ is noting a DRiLL for this July 4th at Union Station, CA. Usually this DRILLS become False Flag events, via Boston Marathon – Marital Law practice. http://www.myfoxla.com/story/22752358/homeland-security-drill-prepares-police-for-the-july-4th-holiday
        Here’s one that puts the Charleston ‘incident’ in perspective:

• June 27, 2015 3:03 pm

Of course the education system has been messed up on purpose by those who wish to rewrite the past so as to guide the future.

June 27, 2015 8:27 am

Dr. J, this bunch is a whole new ball game compared to Nixon….Nixon was covering up and not actually doing the dirty deed….Obama and his cronies are right in the middle of all of it. Nixon did the right thing, with more honor than ALL in this Administration have together. As for the education system, it has been going more and more liberal…down to the people that ok what is put in the books. Most the teachers are liberal and if they have not transformed the kids in k-12, they get them in college…most my teachers back in the early 70’s in college were liberal….I guess it is what you are made of, as to IF you believe all the crap they were spewing out. You mention a set of instructions….oh YES, there are instructions and they do not care WHO they have to run over to accomplish them.

June 27, 2015 8:29 am

Laura, my apologies, I lumped together my answer of what you and Dr. J had written and it sounded like I was only answering him back,,,,,my bad!

• June 27, 2015 8:32 am

Thank you, but no apology is necessary, Lou. I’ve done the very same thing. 🙂

June 27, 2015 8:38 am

Sometimes i just get typing and forget who said what when I answer…this whole Administration just makes me crazy and it is on the fast track of taking us all out. I think we are on borrowed time now with being able to put to print what we think and feel….at what point will we be stopped from posting anything negative without being confronted on it? I know that blogs are being monitored, probably as we speak, but we have no choice but to get the word out.
        I keep bringing up to Steve about watching Dr. Zhivago ( have you watched it Steve)…will that be on the list of movies that need to be taken out? Gone with the Wind is on the list…I think I am going to the Old Book Barn and start gathering up some of the classics before they will not be found. I will be one of those book hoarders that gets removed in the middle of the night….it is almost laughable to think that could happen, but we are inching that direction.

• June 27, 2015 3:05 pm

Yes Lou, Obama is Nixon squared!

• Dr. Jeff permalink
        June 28, 2015 12:26 am

Lou – you’ll get no argument from me. Obama and company have twisted our country to the point that it may come apart. Yuri Bezmenov, the KGB defector did a series of lectures, interviews and books detailing how the KGB would undermine a society and exactly what would happen at each of the stages.

By my understanding of Bezmenov’s stuff, we’re in deep trouble right now. Only the final breakdown remains. I figure it’s up to people like us to make at least an attempt and heading it off or mitigating it if it happens. Either way, we’re deep in it.

June 28, 2015 8:11 am

I will look that name up and try and do some reading, thanks, Dr. J. We know we are in deep, we have known it for a while, it amazes me that others have no idea and still when it happens, they will have that look on their faces wondering what happened.

9. June 27, 2015 3:35 am

Reblogged this on Patriot News II.

• June 27, 2015 6:26 am

Thank you.

10. June 27, 2015 10:48 am

My first question should be were the tapes destroyed as per established data retention policy? If it was, the next question should be why wasn’t the directive followed? Regardless the answer to that, whomever did that most likely needs to take a short vacation in a cramped room.

• June 27, 2015 3:06 pm

I agree! There was a directive issued. If these people knew about the directive and ignored it they should be punished, however if they were not informed of the directive those whose responsibility it was to issue the directive and make sure everybody know about it should be punished.