Latest New Hampshire poll has Carly Fiorina leading Donald Trump by four points

September 18, 2015

As I write this I am about 33,000 feet above upstate New York–oh the wonders of modern free-market America! A new post-debate poll has been released in New Hampshire and it has a bit of stunning news contained within. Carly Fiorina has come out of nowhere to take a four point lead on Donald Trump in the Granite State.

Here is more:

Presidential candidate Carly Fiorina is leading the GOP field in New Hampshire, a new poll finds.

A Voter Gravity poll released Friday shows Fiorina with 22 percent support among Granite State GOP primary voters. She has a 4-point edge over her nearest competitor, bigwig billionaire Donald Trump, who has 18 percent support.

Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson nets 10 percent support, with the poll finding no other Republican White House hopeful cracking double digits in the first-in-the-nation primary state.

20150905_181946 The last New Hampshire poll I saw had Donald Trump with what appeared to be an insurmountable 24 point lead so as I said above this is a stunning turn of events in a relatively short period of time. Carly Fiorina had a very good debate performance so I expected to see a bump in the polls but this is remarkable and I think what it shows us is that the bloom might be coming off of Donald Trump’s rose after his pitiful performance last Wednesday.

I do not expect this bump to last but I think it does show us how fluid the race is right now, and when you consider the fact that Carly Fiorina, Donald Trump, and Ben Carson are the only candidates in this state with double-digit support it shows you how dissatisfied conservative voters are with the establishment, ruling class, elitists in Washington in general and with John Boehner in particular.

(And despite the picture I am not supporting Mrs. Fiorina I just think the picture is cool.)

Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

1. petermc3 permalink
    September 18, 2015 7:08 pm

You make her look good Steve! 👫

• September 18, 2015 7:17 pm

LOL!

2. September 18, 2015 8:45 pm

Reblogged this on Brittius.

• September 19, 2015 6:40 am

Thank you.

• September 19, 2015 6:55 am

You’re welcome.

3. Bruce permalink
    September 18, 2015 8:52 pm

As I told you before, I supported her here in CA, gave money, and put up lawn signs and the closest I got to her WAS 20 ROWS BACK AT AN EVENT!
    She is the only one who can match and beat Hill-a-beans talking points point for point. I’m not into sports, but I keep looking for a metaphor where the winner stays in the pack and sprints to the win. Horse racing I guess.

• September 19, 2015 6:47 am

Sandown is a small town in New Hampshire and I think not allot of people knew who she was at that point unless they follow politics closely. There were 100 or so people there and most of them left after the event, the rest of us moved up front and she stayed there until she talked to everyone who wanted to talk.
      She said many of the same things during the debate that she did at this town hall meeting so I would like to hear her change it up a bit the next time around.
      I think the people are desperate for an outsider and that is why the three outsiders are doing well and she is the latest to capitalize on this. If this holds up Trump is going to be hard to beat because of the money and that scares me because I do not think Trump is who he is pretending to be.

4. Carmelo Junior permalink
    September 19, 2015 10:57 am

Carly Fiorina is the only Republican running for president that can take California back from the socialists. Arnold did it. Carly can do it too!

• Bruce permalink
      September 19, 2015 11:46 am

Sadly Carmelo, having worked for her Senate campaign, I think she doesn’t have a chance in CA. If it wasn’t for the weather, CA would be Detroit. CA has succeeded at creating a college brainwashed, leftist lead, union controlled. single party population of socialists who love how things are here.

• petermc3 permalink
        September 19, 2015 11:54 am

We should give California back to Mexico just to get even then we could build a wall from Baja California to Oregon. Pelosi, Boxer and Feinstein could fight over whose husband gets the contract.

• September 19, 2015 1:50 pm

Stands to reason, after her stunning performance in the Senatorial race . . . 🙂

• September 19, 2015 3:15 pm

I have to agree with the others here Carmelo. Normally we can count on a candidate to take his or her home state (although Romney failed to win any of the three states he tried to call home) but after she failed to win a state wide election in California I think it is highly unlikely she would be able to take California in a Presidential election. But in theory it is great because if Cali ever could be flipped it would be disastrous for whomever the Democratic nominee is.