Sunday, October 11th open thread: ‘Broken’

October 11, 2015

open-threadHere is the open thread for Sunday, October 11th. Please feel free to post links to interesting articles and to discuss whatever issues arise during the course of the day. Nothing is off-topic here.

Last week we covered a 9 stories, did you miss any of them? If so there is an easy way to make sure it does not happen again. I understand that all of you are busy and cannot always find the time to check the blog for updates so why not subscribe to America’s Watchtower and receive email updates whenever I write a new post? That is the easiest way to follow the blog to ensure you never miss another post.

In addition to subscribing you can also follow America’s Watchtower on Facebook and Twitter by clicking the links on the right. But you will get more than that for I often post links to articles I probably will not be writing about so it is a great way to keep up with what is happening.

The Twitter widget in the sidebar is fully interactive. This widget updates my tweets in real time and allows you to respond to or retweet my tweets right from the blog. It also allows you to tweet me right from America’s Watchtower. How cool is that! If you do not have a Twitter account what better reason do you need to sign up for one!

Have you ever felt broken inside and felt you had nowhere to turn in your pain? I have, recently in fact, but there is an answer. It may take some soul-searching but the answer can be found if you are willing to accept it.

Here is Seether performing “Broken” with Amy Lee of the band Evanescence. Enjoy:

The worst is over now and we can breathe again
I want to hold you high, and steal my pain away
There’s so much left to learn, and no one left to fight
I want to hold you high and steal your pain

‘Cause I’m broken when I’m open
And I don’t feel like I am strong enough
‘Cause I’m broken when I’m lonesome
And I don’t feel right when you’re gone away

There is someone out there who can “steal your pain away” if you are willing to accept Him into your heart.

1. October 11, 2015 7:29 am

Hello All,
    Politics

Unmoveable

Bonus Malus

Damned Politics !

• October 11, 2015 2:33 pm

Hey Swiss! 1st one doesn’t play here, this one does:

Some interesting ones! Hadn’t heard of Cake before.

• October 11, 2015 7:50 pm

Thanks for sharing, I always liked this song. It is catchy. “Bowel shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse” is one of my favorite lines.

• October 12, 2015 2:34 am

I can’t Thank You Enough Zip to Save my Sandwich. 🙂
        Cake The Distance I think it is their best and most known song.
        I might mistaken but it is a bit like Beck or Jamiroquai, some new sound,a special voice and up to the print, for three to five years, and get too easily
        forgotten afterwards….

• October 12, 2015 5:27 am

The Distance is also being used in a commercial now. I think it is a car commercial but I don’t remember.

• October 11, 2015 7:49 pm

I couldn’t watch the first on either but I do like both of those Cake songs! I never heard Jim Carrey’s song before, thanks for sharing.

2. October 11, 2015 3:36 pm

Comforting to know, isn’t it Steve, that pain can be used to bring us closer to its opposite! In union with ‘the helper of our joy!’ ‘TheTruth will set you free’. In the Scripture it’s stated, ‘And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.’ Being ‘made free’ means we weren’t, until something happened OR Someone happened. ‘If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.’ Opens our understanding – shines a light in the darkness – letting us see/perceive the Life God has for us – the longing of our heart – found IN His Truth.

‘For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.’ 1 Corinthians 1:21

• October 11, 2015 7:58 pm

That first song was beautiful! The second one was a cover of one of the people who made my top ten artists of all time–Dio–although I have to say this was quite different, I enjoyed it and I have to send it to my son. He will love that version. The third one was interesting as well, thanks for sharing!

• October 11, 2015 10:58 pm

Yes, I like Vince Gill’s singing too – hadn’t heard this one before, thought other’s might like it too. The 2nd one, I was looking up Steven Seagal and they popped up. Figure a different group! The last one came across and thought to toss it in the mix because I liked the way he presented the Gospel – differently. Funny that you knew Dio!

• October 12, 2015 5:28 am

I was wondering how you came up with that second one! I actually went to Youtube after and checked out a couple of more.

• October 12, 2015 11:49 am

Zip do you mind if I use your GOSPEL video(s) D2S

• October 12, 2015 1:28 pm

Go ahead Swiss. I found it available on Utube. It’s in the similar vein as the one of the young guy rapping about not being into religion but ‘relationship’. Big difference! One Saves the other man-made. I’ve stared posted some vids on my WP site (recently opened and activated). There’s one there you might like too. Some edifying info!

• October 12, 2015 6:19 pm

Is that the site you posted a link to in your comment on my Trey Gowdy post?

• October 12, 2015 10:33 pm

No, I didn’t post my WP link – you can click on the Zip A Dee pic and it has it at the bottom.

• October 13, 2015 5:49 am

Looks good! Have not checked out the video yet but I will!

3. petermc3 permalink
    October 11, 2015 9:05 pm

Open thread, good. Words and phrase that should be tuned out:
    The american people,
    Our thoughts and orayers are with you,
    I am working for the american people,
    We’re here to win the hearts and minds of the enemy,
    Inclusive,
    Climate change,
    Michelle Obama,
    Barack Obama,
    Malia Obama,
    Bill Clinton,
    Hillary Clinton…
    There are many more that escape at this time.

• October 11, 2015 9:11 pm

That is quite a list even if it is incomplete!

• petermc3 permalink
        October 11, 2015 9:18 pm

Thanks Steve.

• October 12, 2015 6:19 pm

You are welcome!

• October 11, 2015 10:59 pm

Yep good list Peter.

4. October 15, 2015 4:38 am

Hello I put this here, as I don’t want to flood next Sunday. I Call this The HITjackers, there are so many that we know for granted as we don’t know the background. I have here Paul Young, it’s an era I spend in London, and Lady this Lady that..See Depeche Mode, Well I’m still thankful for the so low price of Beer during her Marriage…So, it has been asked to Lady Diana what music she like, and said she liked Paul young…The Song Of The Late Joy Division..may be warm still..Get to the ears of the Royal Family..in disguise..as she probably never would say Ian Curtis.

I won’t say funny..but that stands out.

Ok, I put the copy first..Here’s The HITjackers

DM

• October 15, 2015 5:47 am

Hitjackers, I like that! I bet the Princess has no idea that was a Joy Division cover, that was an interesting version. I actually used “New Dress” in an open thread in the past.