Sunday, October 18th open thread: ‘Lucky’

October 18, 2015

Here is the open thread for Sunday, October 18th. Please feel free to post links to interesting articles and to discuss whatever issues arise during the course of the day. Nothing is off-topic here.

Last week we covered 9 stories–one of them was personal but the other 8 were political–did you miss any of them? If so there is an easy way to make sure it does not happen again. I understand that all of you are busy and cannot always find the time to check the blog for updates so why not subscribe to America’s Watchtower and receive email updates whenever I write a new post? That is the easiest way to follow the blog to ensure you never miss another post.

In addition to subscribing you can also follow America’s Watchtower on Facebook and Twitter by clicking the links on the right. But you will get more than that for I often post links to articles I probably will not be writing about so it is a great way to keep up with what is happening.

The Twitter widget in the sidebar is fully interactive. This widget updates my tweets in real time and allows you to respond to or retweet my tweets right from the blog. It also allows you to tweet me right from America’s Watchtower. How cool is that! If you do not have a Twitter account what better reason do you need to sign up for one!

If you remember in last week’s open thread I alluded to being broken and being able to find the answer if you were willing to open your heart and accept Him and that was a lead up to the post I finally found the courage to share last night because until a couple of weeks ago I was broken inside. Last week the theme was broken but this week the theme is lucky.

Since my ordeal began back in May several people have told me I was lucky for this vision problem because it led to an incidental finding which can now be taken care of, whereas if it was not for the vision problem this would not have been found until I had symptoms and the surgery would be much more dangerous. So, it is hard to feel lucky but I know they are right. Here is Radiohead performing “Lucky” live from 2003. It really has nothing to do with what I just wrote but it is the song that came to mind when I settled on a theme so here it is:

frui diem

1. October 18, 2015 7:19 am

• October 18, 2015 12:12 pm

Some good ones Swiss! Of course one of the Zep songs of my college days – like. And the middle one speaking to the injustice reality of what goes on w/ those those fight for us. But the top one brought to mind the reason for all that goes on in the middle on. The USA flag on the young solider is flipped. The blue on the wrong side. That’s symbolic of what’s going on in the Gov. (the criminals at large), flipping the flag to mean what they want it to mean – their Agenda. Granted, wars fought by US solider have mostly been for Bankers and the high affluent bloodlines of rulers, but now their little by little changing these symbols to reflect their reign. A good vid though Swiss. Just wanted to bring that to viewers attention.

• petermc3 permalink
        October 18, 2015 12:35 pm

Sky Pilot-Eric Burden
        Ruby-Kenny Rodgers
        Universal Soldiet-Donovan
        Etc erv etc
        Piss on the veterans while First Ladies like Mooch take vacations costing the taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars…
        Although written by a man of the left a must read for all is Dalton Trumbi’s “Johnny Got His Gun.”

• October 18, 2015 4:19 pm

Yep, Peter, shows the ‘sickness’ of their thinking. Enslaved as it is.

• petermc3 permalink
        October 18, 2015 4:23 pm

Typo: Dalton Trumbo

• October 18, 2015 5:08 pm

Thanks for sharing these! That first one was very touching, it is shameful the way Vietnam veterans were treated when they came home. It is also shameful we seem to be putting illegal immigrants ahead of homeless vets. I always liked that Five Finger Death Punch song put that video put it in a new perspective. I always wondered what he meant by the righteous side of hell and now I think it means our veterans are in hell over there fighting for us.

2. petermc3 permalink
    October 18, 2015 10:19 am

Marie Bartoromo on Fox this morning: As buffalo butt prepares to lie before the Benghazi committee on Thursdsay a second republican congressman says the investigation is politically motivated to get Clinton.
    Hillary will not need majorities in either the House or Senate to push through her agenda once she takes office. Follow the money.

• October 18, 2015 5:10 pm

Who was this second Republican? I had not heard this.

• petermc3 permalink
        October 18, 2015 10:23 pm

I wasn’t familiar with his name so it didn’t stick.

3. October 18, 2015 11:25 am

Connecting with your post yesterday Steve.

I like this version, because the singer even ‘sounds’ like she’s in an emotional sea of turmoil, but because she knows the ‘Master of the Wind’, she comes out singing strong in the end!

• October 18, 2015 5:12 pm

Beautiful Zip, thanks for sharing! The storm in my mind has been calmed!

4. October 18, 2015 1:46 pm

‘News Blackout on German Refugee Horror Story: INVASION BY MIGRATION
    The “refugee” influx is a contrived Illuminati Jewish assault on Europe’s racial and cultural
    heritage. [so says http://www.henrymakow.co%5D EU leaders are traitors. Next door to Syria, Israel has accepted no refugees at all nor has it been pressured to.
    … Many Muslims are refusing treatment by female staff and, we, women, are refusing to go among those animals, especially from Africa. Relations between the staff and migrants are going from bad to worse. Since last weekend, migrants going to the hospitals must be accompanied by police with K-9 units.
    Many migrants have AIDS, syphilis, open TB and many exotic diseases that we, in Europe, do not know how to treat them. If they receive a prescription in the pharmacy, they learn they have to pay cash. This leads to unbelievable outbursts, especially when it is about drugs for the children. They abandon the children with pharmacy staff with the words: “So, cure them here yourselves!” So the police are not just guarding the clinics and hospitals, but also large pharmacies.

How things are ‘presented’ to us vs the reality of what’s really going on:

Deception masking itself, but the goal is the same.

• October 18, 2015 5:15 pm

People shrug us off and laugh when we talk about the Illuminati but the truth is billionaires like Soros and other international bankers are pulling the strings and influencing the elections from behind the veil. They are the Illuminati by another name.