Sunday, November 8th open thread: ‘Feeling Good’

November 8, 2015

open-threadHere is the open thread for Sunday, November 8th. Please feel free to post links to interesting articles and to discuss whatever issues arise during the course of the day. Nothing is off-topic here.

Well, we managed to cover 5 stories since I came home form surgery but did you miss any of them? If so there is an easy way to make sure it does not happen again. I understand that all of you are busy and cannot always find the time to check the blog for updates so why not subscribe to America’s Watchtower and receive email updates whenever I write a new post? That is the easiest way to follow the blog to ensure you never miss another post.

In addition to subscribing you can also follow America’s Watchtower on Facebook and Twitter by clicking the links on the right. But you will get more than that for I often post links to articles I probably will not be writing about so it is a great way to keep up with what is happening.

The Twitter widget in the sidebar is fully interactive. This widget updates my tweets in real time and allows you to respond to or retweet my tweets right from the blog. It also allows you to tweet me right from America’s Watchtower. How cool is that! If you do not have a Twitter account what better reason do you need to sign up for one!

I am getting better and stronger every day and yesterday was the first time that for most of the day I felt like my old self–of course I am still not doing anything strenuous but I feel as though I am making great progress. I only took Tylenol for pain once yesterday, so with the pain all but gone it would be nice to get a sound night of sleep.

I have a follow up appointment and suture removal tomorrow so I will know more about how I am recovering and what the timetable for my return to work should be.

I am feeling good so here is Muse’s version of the song:

1. November 8, 2015 8:08 am

LYRICS:
    Come, my Way, my Truth, my Life:
    such a way as gives us breath,
    such a truth as ends all strife,
    such a life as killeth death.
    Come, my Light, my Feast, my Strength:
    such a light as shows a feast,
    such a feast as mends in length,
    such a strength as makes his guest.
    Come, my Joy, my Love, my Heart:
    such a joy as none can move,
    such a love as none can part,
    such a heart as joys in love.

Foo Fighters – Bridge Burning

This is a video of the swiss air force, it includes some f18, f5 and mirages. set to ‘bring me to life’ by evenescence.

Hello Steve Glad You’re Feeling Good and Hello Lou, zip and all the others :
    NO SURRENDER !!!

• November 8, 2015 9:50 am

So relieved to hear of your progress. Not even two weeks if my math is correct. Keep the faith.

• November 8, 2015 8:53 pm

You are correct, it will be two weeks on Wednesday! I will be keeping the faith!

• November 8, 2015 2:09 pm

Nicely done vid – the first one – and music Swiss! “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” John 14:6
      “The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.” 1 Cor 15:26 One fine day!
      The Foo are different – like a mix of metal / rock – interesting background.
      Neat air force you have there! Good accompanying music too!

• November 8, 2015 8:52 pm

Thanks for sharing those SDL! I loved the first one but I am glad you included the lyrics! Pretty impressive Airforce there, I am always amazed at what these pilots can do!

2. November 8, 2015 1:34 pm

And for the mathematically inclined!

• November 8, 2015 1:45 pm

Socialism Explained:

More Math:

• November 8, 2015 8:58 pm

I never heard that Jackson Browne song before but I liked it! The math video was pretty funny but then I thought about common core and it almost seems to fit in with math today! 🙂

• November 8, 2015 9:41 pm

Ha, I was thinking that too Steve!

• November 9, 2015 7:48 am

Great minds…

• November 8, 2015 9:03 pm

I was trying to find a routine they did when one of them wanted to borrow money from the other, in the end the one who was lending the money ended up owing the other one money but I could not find it. Kind of how the Federal Reserve works!

• November 8, 2015 9:52 pm

Loan Me 50 cents

At least Abbott questions it!

• November 8, 2015 9:55 pm

Oops- I mean ‘Costello’ questions.

• November 9, 2015 7:55 am

That last one was the one, thanks!

3. petermc3 permalink
    November 8, 2015 1:51 pm

Good to know your feeling well Steve.

• November 8, 2015 9:04 pm

Thank you.

4. Bruce permalink
    November 8, 2015 7:05 pm

I can’t believe someone hasn’t sent Steve a song from “the hardest working man in show business” James Brown. I FEEL FINE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXCGnTy-v2M
    I don’t know if this worked, because I am technologically illiterate.
    Keep betting better.

• November 8, 2015 7:41 pm

Here you go Bruce:

• Bruce permalink
        November 8, 2015 7:49 pm

Thanks Zip, just what Steve needs.

• November 8, 2015 7:53 pm

You’re welcome Bruce. A tip: Use the utube link that’s under the vid: Click ‘Share’, copy that high lighted link that appears and paste it in the comment section. The top URL link doesn’t open up as a vid just as a link.

• Bruce permalink
        November 8, 2015 8:16 pm

Thanks, my illiteracy might be coming to an end.

• November 8, 2015 8:22 pm

I like that thought too … but it’s always something … plus the older we get we begin to forget ‘what’ we were once literate of and in!

• November 8, 2015 9:05 pm

Thanks Bruce and Zip, I didn’t even think of using that one!

5. November 9, 2015 3:02 pm

Just saw this on Jim Stone’s site: “”I’m telling you,” said Cooper on his June 28 broadcast, “be prepared for a major attack. But it won’t be Osama Bin Laden. It will be those behind the New World Order.” He went on to say, “I wonder what Osama Bin Laden’s targets are supposed to be? And if this doesn’t materialize in the next two or three weeks, it will eventually materialize, because they haven’t succeeded in getting the guns out of the hands of the American people, nor have they succeeded in taking our freedoms away. And so I can tell you with a certainty they must do something terrible.”

After 911, Cooper continued to explain how “powerful people” did 911 and that it was not Arabs, and less than a month after 911 he was dead.” http://82.221.129.208

Also, interesting about the Navy firing the Trident II off from the USS Kentucky ship.

• November 9, 2015 5:02 pm

Exactly what happened! He made his prediction after CNN interviewed bin Laden, he wanted to know how CNN could find him when the world could not. Of course he knew the answer; we always knew where he was so he came to the conclusion this interview was prepping the American people for an attack. On Novermber 6th, 2001 Bill Cooper met his death and it went down exactly as he predicted it would.

6. petermc3 permalink
    November 9, 2015 6:47 pm

The NWO i.e. US of A and the western allies know where every last one of the Taliban, ISIS, Al Quada, etc are. They know where they have always been hiding out mostly in plain sight. I fully expect for the 2016 elections to be a sham. Its either Obama not stepping down or Hillary winning the election. The world socialist movement led by the likes of Soros and his ilk can not afford to turn over the reins to the right; even if the right is led by the current crop of RINO’s ready to do the democrats bidding. The question that remains is what will Russia and China do to protect themselves from the western led world Islamic movement?