Bobby Jindal drops out of the Presidential race

November 17, 2015

Earlier today Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal announced that he was suspending his Presidential campaign–which is a nice way of saying that he is dropping out of the race.

Here is more:

“I cannot tell you what an honor it has been to run for President of the United States of America,” Jindal said in a press statement Tuesday.

Jindal said his parents came to the United States 45 years ago “searching for freedom and a chance.” He added they never would have anticipated their son would have the opportunity to serve as Governor of Louisiana or to run for President.

“They raised me to believe Americans can do anything, and they were right, we can,” Jindal said. “But this is not my time, so I am suspending my campaign for President.”

“Going forward, I believe we have to be the party of growth and we can never stop being the party that believes in opportunity,” he continued. “We cannot settle for The Left’s view of envy and division. We have to be the party that says everyone in this country – no matter the circumstances of their birth or who their parents are – can succeed in America.”

Bobby Jindal never really had a chance in this race, especially after the emergence of Donald Trump and Ben Carson, so this news is not very surprising…except to those of us who forgot he was even in the race in the first place.

malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

1. the unit permalink
    November 17, 2015 10:00 pm

It is a shame. It like going into IHOP and not knowing what to order. And I just mean the confusion, no reflection on those standing for election.

• the unit permalink
      November 17, 2015 10:06 pm

Whoever, I bet we get the fill of it. 🙂

• November 18, 2015 9:34 am

Yeah, lots of choices and none of them are really going anywhere.

• November 18, 2015 2:12 pm

Are we ‘really’ being given all these choices, or just the mere appearance? Like you stated Steve, he ‘never really had a chance in this race…’
        As he gracefully bows out he puts his 2 cents in to keep the American Dream,/i> alive: “They raised me to believe Americans can do anything, and they were right, we can,” … is that true? or does that mean we can do anything as long as we sell out to those who are really in control of what’s going on! His morals and values aren’s a fit – but Bari’s were & are! Telling.
        And this: “Going forward, I believe we have to be the party of growth and we can never stop being the party that believes in opportunity,” is that true of the RINO party that’s the right arm of the same beast!
        I liked the idea of him being Prez, but in reality he’s not equipped to be – he’s not brash and bold w/ a significant hit squad backing him!
        Fair speeches and smooth words, keeping the illusion alive while the dark powers continue their
        forward march of destroying America and bringing in their NWO. (As Bush Sr. stated, ‘we will succeed ..’)
        Jindal backs out playing the Piper’s song – he didn’t even scratch the record to speak the truth about the illusion and deception – that the voters ‘really do NOT have a vote’. They’ll put in their own, like they’ve been doing for generations! Some just convince us more than others that they’re for us.
        iHop menu is made up of all the same GMO ingredients – just dressed and arranged different to look like there’s a choice. But the taste is the same and lacks nutrition. If anything, enslaves anyone who eats of it.
        “Presidents are selected, not elected.”

* He stated this right, “no matter the circumstances of their birth or who their parents are” – Bari proved that out.

• November 18, 2015 7:55 pm

You are right, there really is only an illusion of a choice. We elect from the selected but Trump has thrown a bit of a monkey wrench into the works this year because I believe Jeb was supposed to be the chosen one. Of course this could be part of the plan as well because I still believe Trump is in it to bring the Republicans down and insure a Hillary Presidency.

2. November 17, 2015 11:58 pm

A strange looking duck. The last time I heard something for him he had done a good job in LA. Never had much of a chance.

• November 17, 2015 11:59 pm

Correction: something from him

• November 18, 2015 9:34 am

No he didn’t, he probably should have waited one more cycle before running.

3. petermc3 permalink
    November 18, 2015 10:17 am

He could have waited to run against Chelsea in 2024.

• November 18, 2015 7:56 pm

Maybe he will yet…

November 18, 2015 11:45 am

I think he is a good moral man and he has a place in Government, but sorry to say NOT as a President. I believe he does a good job as a Governor and maybe that is what he is meant to do. He just doesn’t have the presence it takes to be taken seriously. It is sad that it takes a person like that to win, but that is just how it is. Maybe now he can do some backing of another candidate for the good of the country.

November 18, 2015 11:52 am

Hey Laura, hope you are well!

• November 18, 2015 6:29 pm

Hi, Lou. I’m well, thanks for asking. Hope you are the same. Having one of my non-committal phases – just doesn’t seem like I have much to say about things. 🙂

November 18, 2015 7:33 pm

You (any of us) get to a point where you are either so mad about stuff and are ranting (I do that) OR you become numb and just shake your head…guess you are shaking your head, Laura! 😉

• November 18, 2015 7:58 pm

I honestly do not know all that much about Jindal because I have not followed him closely, and I never really looked at his as a Presidential contender.

November 19, 2015 10:24 am

I believe he is a good man and thinks of his state when he makes decisions…how many others can say that?

5. November 18, 2015 2:46 pm

A bit OT but goes with presenting truth rather than error or the lie (deception).
    Paris Hoax To Spread Schizophrenia (it’s world wide)

Syria Israel Fake and Real News – Morris – UK Too