New Iowa poll has Ted Cruz in the lead

December 8, 2015

While national polls might be a decent measure of a candidate’s popularity we must look at the individual state polls in order to catch a real glimpse at how the election might shake out and if Iowa is any indication Ted Cruz might be beginning to peek at the right time.

Two weeks ago Ted Cruz moved into second place in Iowa and then shortly thereafter he was found to be in a virtual tie with Donald Trump. But the news keeps getting better for Ted Cruz because a new poll of likely Iowa caucus goers has him in first place above Donald Trump by five points.

Here is more:

Ted Cruz commands the top spot in the latest Monmouth University Poll of likely Iowa Republican caucusgoers – his first lead in any early state poll of the 2016 cycle. Donald Trump and Marco Rubio are within a few percentage points of one another for second place. The poll also found that an influential House member’s recent endorsement is only one factor behind Cruz’s rise, which has come primarily at Ben Carson’s expense.

Ted Cruz earns 24% support when likely caucusgoers are asked who they will support in the Republican contest. This marks a clear lead over Donald Trump (19%), Marco Rubio (17%), and Ben Carson (13%). Jeb Bush stands at 6% and Rand Paul is at 4%, while Carly Fiorina and John Kasich earn 3% each. None of the other six candidates tested in the poll draws more than 2% support.

This same poll showed Ben Carson on top two months ago and it also had Donald Trump with the same amount of support he has now so Ted Cruz is benefiting now that the voters’ romance with Ben Carson is apparently over. While Mr. Trump is not losing any support he does not seem to be doing much to gain any either so it will be interesting to watch this play out in the next couple of months.

Is Ted Cruz for real or is he simply the latest flash in the pan destined to fizzle out after a brief run at the top spot like Carly Fiorina and Ben Carson?

malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

December 8, 2015 10:52 am

Could we all use a laugh? Why yes, we probably could! Enjoy!

• December 8, 2015 12:41 pm

Shooting the enemy has it’s perks, but the real enemy aren’t in front of us to do that. The hidden ones in the shadows that move the chess pieces on the board of life and are rarely seen, or recognized for who they are. Pinning the tail on the Muslims instead of the real source, is playing right into the hands of those manipulating things. To get us fighting each other – rather than ‘containing them’ is their goal and the more pressure they exert on the world populous the more that’ll happen (East vs West). When we realize that the real terrorist are in positions of power and authority we’re less likely to believe their lies as they continue to bring on the world war for their own benefit and profit. Another reason they teach evolution rather than “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.” http://thekingsbible.com/BibleText.aspx?bibleid=1001001 The only Truth that can overturn the lie program.

December 8, 2015 2:28 pm

Zip, I think we all know there are people that control what all happens. It is just sad that we have all played into their game, whether we have wanted to or not. You know the “shadow people” are probably laughing at us as being so predictable. This means nothing to them in the whole scope of things, but it is our LIVES!

• December 8, 2015 5:00 pm

Yes Lou, some think their lives are more important than others, but that’s their opinion. They might not have all the control they think they do though. “For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.” 1 Corinthians 3:19 That’s probably been going on for some time, since the Tower of Babel was ceased, so might many other ‘agendas’ have been squashed OR we’d already be doing the 1 world deal years ago OR not be here at all!

• December 8, 2015 8:32 pm

You are quite right Zip; there are people behind the scenes who are purposely trying to divide us into groups and keep us fighting each other and they have been all too successful. Until Americans stop falling for this BS it will continue to be successful.

• December 8, 2015 8:30 pm

LOL Lou, thanks for sharing! Of course a Democrat would not have a Glock in the first place…

2. December 8, 2015 1:53 pm

The media just might have to pay some attention for once. They prefer to pump up Trump thinking he will be the easiest to beat for their gal Hillary.

• December 8, 2015 8:35 pm

I addition to this Bunkerville the media is also using Trump to take down all the Republicans. He keeps saying things that the other candidates keep having to distance themselves from and it takes away from the real issues and it hurts their campaigns. I am of the belief that this is what Trump wants and I still believe it is the only reason he is in the race in the first place.

• December 8, 2015 11:55 pm

I believe as well. He is a destructive force at this point.

December 8, 2015 8:16 pm

OT, I have had something on my mind for days I could just not remember….Back in about 1966, I would have been 12, I guess, I remember going to a funeral for a family friend that had died in Vietnam. I remember looking at the casket and hoping he would just “get up”, at the age of 12, the concept of someone so young dying was just not acceptable or logical, I guess. I had relatives that operated a large funeral home, so I was not unfamiliar with the workings of one and it was not the fact that I was in a strange place. Why this has weighed heavy on me I do not know, but I remember the song playing in the funeral home and his girlfriend sitting there crying. I have been trying to remember that song, closing my eyes and trying to go back in time….finally I have it…it was by Paul Revere and the Raiders, Melody for an Unknown Girl. I cannot say why this has been so important for me to remember, but it was. Maybe it is seeing my mortality and the way the country is going down hill so fast, but the PAST has been surfacing for me alot lately. Maybe it is the fact that we will probably be putting more “boots on the ground” in the very near future that is doing it and to lose more young lives is not acceptable to me. Sorry if this is a downer for anyone, but I think I have been “off game” trying to figure it out…and the only people (my parents and one brother) are not here to ask about it.

1. New Iowa poll has Ted Cruz ahead of Donald Trump by 10 points | America's Watchtower