Donald Trump says Ted Cruz is ‘a bit of a maniac’

December 13, 2015

Ted_CruzTed Cruz has been making quite a bit of headway in the primary lately, especially in Iowa where he leads Donald Trump by 10 points, and it appears as if this is making the business mogul just a little bit uneasy.

As a result of this uneasiness Donald Trump has begun to attack the Senator from Texas; last week he questioned Ted Cruz’s evangelical faith by claiming that “Catholics come out of Cuba”  as if that somehow means he is obligated to be a Catholic. Even if one is born a Catholic it does not mean that one has to stay a Catholic and I am living proof, for Donald Trump to insinuate otherwise is just plain silly.

And today he is at it again: on the campaign trail today Donald Trump called Ted Cruz “a bit of a maniac” because he did not exhibit the right temperament while in the Senate. Why doesn’t he feel Ted Cruz has the temperament to be President? He had the gall to fight against the establishment Republicans when he was afforded the opportunity.

Here is what he had to say:

“I don’t think he’s qualified to be president… I don’t think he has the right temperament. I don’t think he’s got the right judgment… You look at the way he’s dealt with the Senate, where he goes in there like a — you know, frankly like a little bit of a maniac. You’re never going to get things done that way.”

He added: “Look, I built a phenomenal business. I’m worth many, many billions of dollars. I have some of the greatest assets anywhere in the world. You can’t walk into the Senate, and scream, and call people liars, and not be able to cajole and get along with people. He’ll never get anything done. And that’s the problem with Ted.”

Regular readers of America’s Watchtower know that I do not trust Donald Trump in the least because I do not believe he is who he is claiming to be when it comes to politics and I also believe he is nothing but controlled opposition whose goal is to bring down the Republican party and usher in the era of Hillary Clinton and I think this comment goes a long way in proving my theory so let us get down to it and examine this comment more fully.

Donald Trump has gotten to where he has in this campaign because he has exhibited the same temperament he is now claiming  disqualifies Ted Cruz from the Presidency. He has done nothing but throw bombs at all the other candidates in an attempt to discredit them. In many cases I might agree with him but in the case of Ted Cruz, who has bucked the establishment every time he had the chance, the words ring hollow and make me question his motives again.

Let me try to put this another way: Donald Trump, although he has given money to the establishment on both sides over the years, is now promising to go to Washington and buck the establishment. But all he has done to this point is promise to do so, he has not had the opportunity to do so, while Ted Cruz has taken advantage of the opportunity to make waves in Washington and because of this Donald Trump does not believe Ted Cruz has the temperament to be President. What does this say about what Donald Trump will really do if he miraculously becomes the next President of the United States?

Which is it Don? Are you for the establishment or are you against it? Why are you bashing Ted Cruz for doing the same things you are promising to do?

It is clear to me that Donald Trump simply speaks off the cuff without actually thinking about what he is saying and in this case I think it has exposed him for who he really is and I question whether he is qualified to be President, or at least if he is going to be the President the anti-establishment voters think he is going to be…

malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

1. December 13, 2015 7:23 pm

It’s a hard call. All of the politicians are part of the same corrupted system where they are Socialists, Marxists, or Communists. Trump has affiliations with all of them. He parties with all of the elected people and there are photographs online of the same however, this presidential election cycle, Trump is tasting Victory for his unorthodox political incorrectness and his outspokeness. Manipulated polls indicate whatever the puppet masters order to be said, and the actual number of Trump supporters remains unwavering. If Trump comes out and says that Constitutional Carry & Stand Your Ground will be Law-of-the-Land, I believe that the presidency will be his. I would like to see Trump become more polished when speaking. That can be achieved if he spends time watching news conferences. So far, no elected official has a handle on the nations issues. Not the economy, and not immigration. Trump does have the edge by a wide margin. I do not want America to continue on the nosedive the professional politicians have set the course for, and I, personally want to have a nation that is worthy for my grandchildren to inherit. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.
    Unfortunately we no longer have Ronald Reagan around, and we must all look, for America’s greatness in places that previously were unknown or overlooked.

• December 13, 2015 7:35 pm

I think you nailed it here! On some points he is very good and we all know the system has been corrupted, and I understand why he appeals to so many people, but I just do not trust him. I have tried to believe what he says but I just can’t.

• December 14, 2015 1:50 am

“trust” is a hard thing to come by. I rarely trust anyone I haven’t known personally for a long time.

that said, if trump wins the nomination, he is at the same time a hell of a lot better than we’ve gotten for a long time, and astronomically better than the other team. and we didn’t get to where we are in one giant leap, and we won’t get back in one giant leap either. trump, to me, represents a good interim step. halfway to where we want to be, and we can probably nudge him 75% of the way after he’s elected.

what we need to do is push for Trump to bring on board a good solid conservative as VP..someone who will whisper in his ear the right way to go from time to time, and be ready to step up when trump doesn’t or can’t run again. it has to be someone who is what trump isn’t…southern or western, probably african-american or hispanic, probably military service, probably some legislative experience.

the only person I can think of is Allen West, but obviously I don’t know everyone who would fit the above categories.

• December 14, 2015 6:35 am

I love Allen West and I still wish he was in the race! Interesting analysis on Trump, there is no doubt he will have to surround himself with the right people. He will also have to listen to them and take what they say into consideration before acting, it seems to me that he speaks without really thinking at times.

2. December 14, 2015 1:38 am

sigh. the media loves blue-on-blue attacks. these two need to stop sniping at each other. it’s counterproductive. Cruz I thought wasn’t going to engage in this. he’s supposed to be too smart to fall into these sorts of traps.

• December 14, 2015 6:36 am

The media is loving this, that is for sure. The MSM is going to do everything it can to bring both of these men down. They might be afraid of Trump but they do not like Cruz any more.

3. December 14, 2015 3:34 pm

Cruz has more of the traditional prez ‘look’ doesn’t he than the others. Ron Paul didn’t have the look – although he spoke what we deemed as true and ‘transparent’ (as does some of the others here – Cruz and Trump esp.).

• December 14, 2015 8:33 pm

It is sad in today’s day and age but appearance does play a huge role in who people decide to elect. Image means more than anything to too many people today.

• December 14, 2015 8:43 pm

To some point … big ears got in …

• December 14, 2015 9:06 pm

Good point!

4. sdmartin1981 permalink
    December 14, 2015 9:58 pm

I have long believed that Donald Trump’s campaign was a satire of the Republican Party. His positions and solutions seem like extreme versions of the party stances on issues. I am baffled that so many people buy into his nonsense. The combination of Ron Paul and Donald Trump may finally reform the party, but I think it may take another 4-8 years of Democratic leadership, maybe even Democratic Socialist leadership.

• December 14, 2015 10:16 pm

I could not agree more!

1. Rush Limbaugh says Donald Trump’s recent comments on Ted Cruz ‘raises a red flag’ | America's Watchtower