New poll show support for assault weapons ban is at its lowest level in 20 years

December 16, 2015

assault weaponBefore I get to this post I just want to mention that there is no such thing as an assault weapon, this is just a scary sounding term coined by the left in a propaganda campaign designed to intimidate the American people into giving up their second amendment right a little at a time. As a new poll shows us, which I will get to shortly, this campaign has not worked. This is why the Obama regime has changed the terminology from assault weapons to weapons of war, but let that go for the sake of this post. Here we go:

A new ABC News/Washington Post poll is out which shows us that support for a so-called assault weapons ban is at a 20 year low, in fact less than 50% of those polled support banning so-called assault weapons.

Here is more:

For the first time in more than 20 years, support for a ban on assault weapons dipped below 50 percent.

Just 45 percent of those polled in an ABC News/Washington Post survey out Wednesday, support a ban — the lowest number in more than two decades. Fifty-three percent are opposed to such a ban, the largest plurality yet.

This is bad news for Barack Obama and his gun control agenda, who in the wake of the Planned Parenthood shooting declared “easy accessibility of weapons of war on our streets to people who have no business wielding them.”

But the news gets even worse for the radical anti-gun nuts who have politicized the recent terrorist attack in San Bernardino in an effort to push their anti-constitutional agenda:

Just one in five people (22 percent) trust that the government can prevent lone wolf attacks, while 77 percent of people are skeptical. The numbers, however, are better for faith in the government’s ability to stop a large scale attack (43 percent), though 56 percent of those polled don’t trust the government to stop those either.

The most effective response to terrorism is nearly split evenly: 47 percent think more people should carry guns, while 42 percent think stricter gun controls will help.

More people surveyed believe a gun carrying American public will be more effective at thwarting lone wolf terrorist attacks than believe having the Federal government whittle away at the rights off law-abiding American citizens will. But of course Barack Obama does not give a damn about what the American people think because he has a radical agenda to push and nothing is going to stop him–even the will of the majority of the American people.

malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

1. petermc3 permalink
    December 16, 2015 9:46 pm

Could be his plan for thwarting lone wolf attacks is to arm citizens with those millions of non-existent shovels he stockpiled for his millions of non-existent shovel ready jobs so we can beat the shit out of his-oops – those radical sand monkeys when they attack us. Sound like a plan?

December 19, 2015 10:54 am

Shovels do serve a purpose, you know?

• petermc3 permalink
        December 19, 2015 2:11 pm

No sh_t! 😎

December 19, 2015 9:21 am

I believe Illinois might be the only State left that has a FOID card (firearm owner Identification). We also have a pretty hefty price to get a conceal carry license and then have to purchase in addition another license to carry in any other State. It is a BIG money maker for the State and hopefully this might start helping in another direction to be able to carry as the 2nd amendment calls for:

I cannot remember how many years I have had a FOID card, seems like forever, well, I think back when I turned 18. Each time I renew it they have to look for any alias I have. My husband gets his about 2 weeks before mine shows up in the mail and we send them out at the same time. Have been married for years, as well, but they sure check me out. I called the State Police to check the first time I did not receive it when my husband did. This is when I was told they were having to check for any alias. I asked how many years they do that, when it is always the same, I have a maiden name and my name now, I have not slipped in any additional names along the way. They have no sense of humor, if you try and make light of the situation. NOW, if they would only check out some people that are questionable coming into the USA, that might be best for the country. They seem, however, to be more worried about me???

• December 19, 2015 9:27 am

That’s strange Lou, it sounds like you got yourself on some list. 😉
      Massachusetts has an FID card and without one you cannot even buy ammo. New Hampshire has a concealed carry permit but anyone can carry open without any permit but you don’t ever see it, at least down here in Southern New Hampshire.

December 19, 2015 10:52 am

There is a 2 day (16 hour) class that has to be taken first, about 300 for that and then I think it is about the same for getting a license thru the state, so it is fairly costly. Then throw in a weapon and ammo if you do not already have it and you have a good chunk of money. I am not sure how often you have to renew and what the cost of that is and if there is another class involved. We do have a Republican Governor now, but the Democrats pretty much control the state. Oh well.
        Pretty bad when I am on a list, but then again, I am probably on alot of lists, come to think of it, haha!

1. New poll show support for assault weapons ban is at its lowest level in 20 years | Rifleman III Journal