Latest national poll shows Ted Cruz closing in on Donald Trump and tied with Hillary Clinton

December 22, 2015

A new Quinnipiac poll is out which shows that Ted Cruz is closing in on Donald Trump, trailing the billionaire businessman by only four points.

Here is more:

Trump has 28 percent of the GOP pack, with Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas at 24 percent. Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida has 12 percent and Dr. Ben Carson has 10 percent, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University Poll finds. No other candidate tops 6 percent with 8 percent undecided

Furthermore the poll shows Donald Trump trailing Hillary Clinton in the general election by seven points at 47-40 percent while Ted Cruz is tied with the former Secretary of State at 44 percent and Marco Rubio is trailing Hillary Clinton by one point at 44-43 percent.

But the news is worse for Donald Trump if Bernie Sanders miraculously pulls off the upset over Hillary Clinton–he trails the socialist from Vermont by an even bigger margin at 51-38 percent while both Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio have small leads over Bernie Sanders.

Of course I must give my standard admonition here: take this poll for what it is worth because it is a national poll and until the National Popular Vote movement is successful we have 50 individual elections and not a national election.

malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

1. December 23, 2015 9:12 am

No tears here for Trump.

• December 23, 2015 7:16 pm

Nor here either!

December 23, 2015 11:57 am

I really do not listen to polls, they can be turned any way they want to turn them and in favor of whatever candidate they want, I listen to what the candidates have to say…..now as for my semi-rant:
    I was reading AGAIN about the #BlackLivesMatter crap and the Great Mall of American demonstration at 1pm today. I believe that the Mall can keep them out, from what I read, they demonstrated awhile back and caused alot of loss in revenue. These “kids” think they have the upper hand and they can do and say what they want with no consequences. This is utter nonsense! No one has the right to take over a Private Building and do what they want. We know there is backing of this “group” and they feel empowered, but there are going to be people finally getting fed up with the crap they are pulling. I do not care if they are white or black or somewhere in between, but IF I was there shopping and had limited time and they started protesting and blocking ME, a law abiding citizen, not sure they would like me very much! I am still of the opinion that #AllLivesMatter, that is the end of it. I know there are situations that get out of hand, but still believe that the Police do a thankless job and when there is an issue, they should all pay? NO! That is like saying everyone in any other career is responsible for what one of them did. Does that make any sense? In emergency situations you have seconds to respond and it might not always be the right decision, but still you have to MAKE that decision. Yes, there are times IF you had more time, you might have made a better decision, but who is to say?

• December 23, 2015 1:20 pm

Those ‘think tanks’ of the REGIME think up all this ‘bottom feeder’ ideas – emotional manipulation and social conditioning (Paperclip) mentality. If you ever saw the webpage for the Ferguson activist group, that was well done and planned – it wasn’t the welfare mentality who put it together it was their Slave Masters Staff! ‘All lives MATTER’ is right, but then what about ‘abortions’ … they don’t matter it seems. Only ‘certain’ lives matter, and those are the 1% of the 1%! in ‘their’ depraved minds. It’s tough to try and make SENSE out of NONsense!

December 23, 2015 1:33 pm

Yep, Zip. It seems that babies are dispensable and that is total crap, they are living and breathing humans from conception, why is that so hard to understand? Bottom line is that some people matter more than others. We need to take care of those that cannot take care of themselves, that goes for elderly, babies and many others.
        This group of #Blacklivesmatter are a bunch of immature brats that do not know what they are doing, they are easily led and have been empowered. They think they are smart, I guess. Maybe when they reach 50 or 60, they will have a reality check of just how damn STUPID they actually were! I have no use for a group that limits who and what matters!

December 23, 2015 1:27 pm

Here is another view of the same poll, I believe…..just who DO we believe then?

• December 23, 2015 7:19 pm

It is an interesting take and he is right about the MSM, we can tell which candidates they would find least offensive by whom they try to promote. This was a national poll so in the long run it doesn’t matter all that much. If Cruz wins Iowa and Trump wins New Hampshire it will be on to SC and from there we will begin to get a real idea of who is going to win.

• December 23, 2015 7:30 pm

I think it was from someone on here that I discovered the ‘treehouse.’ I’m following it now and enjoy the articles and comments.

• December 23, 2015 8:00 pm

Lou has mentioned it before so it was probably from her that you heard about them. I have them in my favorites on my phone but do not go there as often as I should.

December 23, 2015 5:24 pm

I read that they were in the MOA today and police backed alot of them out, but not before Santa had to shut down and alot of the stores closed…then they moved on to the entrance going into the airport, imagine that will go over well. I have a feeling messing with people trying to get home in time for Christmas is just NOT what those young-uns are going to be able to handle….now, back to Santa, I have the answer to what needs to be done there:

• December 23, 2015 6:43 pm

Looks like you’re in the Xmas spirit Lou!
      I didn’t know we could put pics in … how did you do that!

December 23, 2015 7:05 pm

Found the pic, downloaded it to MY picture folder and then brought it up and copy and paste. It worked, that is all I know.

• December 23, 2015 7:15 pm

Huh, I’ll try it.

• December 23, 2015 7:16 pm

Copy paste isn’t working for me. When you paste it is there a link or does it just appear in the reply window?

December 23, 2015 7:22 pm

It shows at first with a link and when it posts to changes over to the pic.

• December 23, 2015 7:26 pm

• December 23, 2015 7:27 pm

Yeah! Thanks Lou! Learned something NEW! Also, I didn’t know they had a swimming pool there!

December 23, 2015 7:20 pm

Not too many pics of Santa with an AR 15 are there?

December 23, 2015 7:33 pm

Here is a link, it is HUGE

December 23, 2015 5:48 pm

I have a kind of funny story to relate as to how large the MOA really is…..my best friend lived up there about 12 years ago….I drove up to visit, she said let’s go to the MALL,,of course I agreed. We got there and parked and proceeded to go inside….it is HUGE (or Yuge as The Donald says). We looked around for awhile, and IF I remember there are 3 or, no, I think 4 levels…the interior has an amusement park area with rides that are pretty high. Well, she said let’s go upstairs for “Happy Hour” for the Margaritas and chips and salsa, of course I said YES. After 2 hours, we came out of the place and I asked how we got downstairs and she didn’t have a clue….after a couple hours of wandering around, trying on shoes and tasting Godiva chocolate and looking at purses, we got downstairs….then I asked where we were parked…..guess I do not need to tell you what that answer was!!! You know how people say they are wandering around “aimlessly”?? Well, that was me and Judy! It was a good memory, she is my oldest and dearest friend but has no sense of directions what so ever….after that I always made sure I paid attention if she was driving!

• December 23, 2015 6:53 pm

Funny Lou. I lived in MN just Nort of the Mall (some miles away) – never went in it! I’m not much of a shopper! I heard from some that had hit some of the bars there (the dueling pianos one) that afterwards they found the police had roadblocks up checking for intoxicated drivers. SO, maybe it was good you couldn’t find the car for sometime!

December 23, 2015 7:12 pm

True, that is why we went into shop after shop….I will never get behind the wheel and drive, have seen too many ambulance calls that didn’t end up well. I would say it took us a good 3 hours or more after we came out of Happy Hour to work our way down and then find the car…that is a massive parking area.
        We had a heck of a good time “shopping” and don’t think we laughed that hard since Jr. High! I am not a big shopper, either, but it sounded fun and we did have a good time. !

• December 23, 2015 7:18 pm

Nothing like have some gal-time with your best friend Lou!

December 23, 2015 7:45 pm

We have been friends since we were 12, alot of moving around for both of us, but we still talk daily. One of those friendships that just pick up from where we last saw each other…it is good to have a “history” with someone that long!
        Hope everyone enjoys the pics of the Mall, it is an experience!

December 23, 2015 10:04 pm