January 10th open thread: Fight the Good Fight

January 10, 2016

Here is the open thread for Sunday, January 10th. Please feel free to post links to interesting articles and to discuss whatever issues arise during the course of the day. Nothing is off-topic here.

Last week we covered 8 stories, did you miss any of them? If so there is an easy way to make sure it does not happen again. I understand that all of you are busy and cannot always find the time to check the blog for updates so why not subscribe to America’s Watchtower and receive email updates whenever I write a new post? That is the easiest way to follow the blog to ensure you never miss another post.

In addition to subscribing you can also follow America’s Watchtower on Facebook and Twitter by clicking the links on the right. But you will get more than that for I often post links to articles I probably will not be writing about so it is a great way to keep up with what is happening.

The Twitter widget in the sidebar is fully interactive. This widget updates my tweets in real time and allows you to respond to or retweet my tweets right from the blog. It also allows you to tweet me right from America’s Watchtower. How cool is that! If you do not have a Twitter account what better reason do you need to sign up for one!

Well this is an election year and we all must fight the good fight all the way to November, here is Triumph performing “Fight the Good Fight” live in 1982.

Enjoy:

frui diem

1. January 10, 2016 8:20 am

Hi,

Europe Under Siege ..answer got to be rough or its All going down

• January 10, 2016 5:45 pm

1st one – they sure have ALOT of energy don’t they! Like the bagpipe. 2nd, interesting era music with dancing that becomes fighting and killing. Seems like they all reflect conflict, war and vexation. Yep. ‘Peace, peace …’ is wanted the many, but war and chaos desired by the greedy ruling few.

• January 10, 2016 9:27 pm

I liked both of those SDL. Was the video in the second one taken from a movie or was it a video made for the song?

• January 11, 2016 4:32 am

Yes Steve, From The Gangs Of New York

“”Several women were allegedly robbed and sexually assaulted in Zurich on New Year’s Eve, Swiss police said on Thursday, noting the attack method appeared “a little bit similar” to that used in a spate of assaults in Germany.””

I say we are at war, but now the question is like not to fight, put the fault on casualties or face it, squash it, even if it don’t look good and that might have for some the pleasure of condeming the no respect of Human Right Which Is ABSURD. War is a response from Aggression, A fight Freedom for one own values, seen it unrespected and as long no stand is made, it will be unrespected each time even more, until there is nothing to be respected anymore.

• January 11, 2016 6:33 am

Thanks SDL, I ‘ll have to check it out. I like the newest video!

January 10, 2016 9:00 am

Hi SDL, I liked the first 2 you posted, however, the third one scares the hell out of me, because I can see it coming!

With heavy heart, I have to inform everyone I was NOT a winner of the Powerball! I had high hopes that today I would be independently wealthy, but I am sorry to say it just did not happen. Of course I would have shared my take with all my friends and family, so all here are never going to become wealthy, either. Unless you purchased your own tickets…I believe at best 1 or 2 million was all that was given out….I would have settled for that. Well, lets get back to reality then……

• January 10, 2016 9:30 pm

Yeah Lou, when it said coming soon let us hope they only mean in the movie!

January 10, 2016 9:34 am

Here is a good read…..awhile back we were discussing IF Obama had been a Professor or that “Constitutional Scholar”, if you remember. This article kind of sums up all of it for us:

• January 10, 2016 9:32 pm

Good article, thanks for sharing! It looks like Obama stretched the truth just a little bit…

January 10, 2016 9:50 pm

Ya, after Dr. J. commented, I remember hearing more about Obama and his “status” as a teacher/professor/instructor or whatever he wanted to call it….so found this…hope it clears it up some.

• January 11, 2016 6:34 am

Just one reason why hie records are being kept from us I suppose…

January 11, 2016 9:24 am

One of many reasons, I would say! This man is not qualified to be President, but then again that is just my opinion. I think with his track record, so far, my opinion might not be that far off base.

• January 11, 2016 8:19 pm

I think the biggest reason his records are sealed is because he attended school as a foreign exchange student, whether he did this because he was a foreigner of he did it to get a break on tuition I do not know but I do think there might be some validity to this story.

January 10, 2016 9:36 am

Laura, hope you are well. Hoping that you are reading and just don’t have much to say so are not posting!

• January 11, 2016 3:01 pm

Nice of you to reach out to Laura Lou, I wonder about her too. Hope she’s well!

• January 11, 2016 8:20 pm

She takes a few days off now and then so I hope that is all it is.

January 10, 2016 9:56 am

I hope this puts the picture. I think this is what we are going to be up against.

• January 10, 2016 9:33 pm

That summed it up!

January 10, 2016 1:15 pm

Just one vacation after another, it seems! We have yet to take a vacation in many years, just do not have that extra we can justify doing it….however, Mr. President, feel free to spend OUR tax money for any amount of trips you want and take your Mother-in-law with you!

• January 10, 2016 9:34 pm

Personally I like it better when he is on vacation!

January 10, 2016 9:48 pm

You have a point, but I would rather it be on HIS dime and not ours!

• January 10, 2016 10:09 pm

Whatever it takes to get him off the job! 🙂

7. January 10, 2016 10:49 pm

• January 10, 2016 10:55 pm

Thanks for sharing, that second one provides us all with words to live by!

January 11, 2016 9:28 am

Zip, I feel the need NOW to stay in the house today and not touch any major appliances, thank you so much!

• January 11, 2016 2:59 pm

Isn’t that something! Notice how ‘casual’ some act even after the fact that their life could’ve been taken right then! Shows the numbness.

• January 11, 2016 8:22 pm

The casualness of some of these people strikes me as well! I don’t know if it is a lack of concern about life or if these people are on prescription drugs to lull them into a type of waking slumber but something is not right.

8. January 10, 2016 11:29 pm

A nice song for you Steve and your wife, to dance to! 😊

January 11, 2016 9:31 am

Have not heard that song in awhile! Always liked it! Thanks for sharing it!
      I think on this blog we have run the gamut of bands/groups that all of us like.

• January 11, 2016 8:24 pm

Like Lou I have not heard this song in years, thanks for sharing!

9. January 10, 2016 11:58 pm

Got your Glock?

January 11, 2016 9:34 am

Time and place for everything…..wrong time and wrong place, it looks like, in those clips. So sad it has come to this in todays world, isn’t it?

• January 11, 2016 2:58 pm

Yes, but tis the world. I was watching a ‘Dr. Who’ where a group of youth (like The Time Machine movie of that remanent that were food for the beasts), didn’t believe in fighting – that it wasn’t right. Until Dr. Who acted like he was going to send the leader’s mate as a sacrifice to their enemy …THEN the guy ‘got it’! Either he protects what matters to him or he loses it to the creeps! It was either fight or lose everything. Since the world system was taken over (from Adam), we’ve had a crooked system, we just weren’t told, lest we seek the real and Original Source of Life!

• January 11, 2016 8:25 pm

Must be in Texas! 🙂

January 11, 2016 2:00 pm

I always like the saying “Lie, deny and make them prove it”, now I hear that Hillary Clinton has in her playbook another saying of “Downplay, deflect, deny”. both would work equally well for her! What a piece of work that woman is!

• January 11, 2016 8:26 pm

Yeah, they both seem to apply to her and she always seems to get away with it!