Bernie Sanders might boycott Thursday night’s debate

February 2, 2016

According to this story Bernie Sanders is considering boycotting this Thursday’s debate if Hillary Clinton does not agree to a debate in New York. Here is more:

Bernie Sanders’ campaign says he won’t participate in Thursday’s planned Democratic presidential debate unless Hillary Clinton agrees to the Sanders campaign’s conditions on future debates.

“We are continuing to negotiate with them not just about the debate Thursday night, but about the other debates that we have said need to be agreed to in order to put the whole package of debates together,” Tad Devine, a top Sanders campaign official, told The Hill.
“They have not agreed to at least one aspect of it, which is we’ve asked for a debate in New York, and they do not want to have a debate in New York.”

Clinton is urging Sanders to debate her in New Hampshire this week, saying the campaign has met the conditions.

“I sure hope — we’re in Bernie Sanders’ backyard here in New Hampshire — I sure hope he intends to show up in his neighboring state,” Clinton told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer on Tuesday. “Let the people of New Hampshire see us both on the debate stage.”

I am of the belief that in addition to the mainstream media and the Republican establishment’s successful attempt to prop up Marco Rubio Donald Trump’s decision to boycott the last Republican debate cost him in the Iowa caucuses because it allowed Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio to dominate the stage and get their messages out there while Donald Trump was silent.
  This would be a little different however because with Martin O’Malley dropping out of the race if Bernie Sanders boycotts the debate there will be no debate.
  But this could still hurt him because Hillary Clinton and the mainstream media will spin this to make it appear as if Bernie Sanders is ducking the former Secretary of State, when the reverse has been true for many months, and with Bernie Sanders holding a big lead in the Granite State polls he does not need this type of gimmick to make his point.
  malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium
  1. February 3, 2016 8:50 am

If he wants to win the long haul, he has to have more debates as the year progresses. It is his last stand IMO. if he loses this he won’t get much more exposure on a National scale.

February 3, 2016 10:37 am

She will make him appear “weak” and unable to go up against her. I am sorry, but that coin toss and the missing votes and the “head/hand” counts reek of fraud to me. I know Sanders is seeing it that way, as well. I am not sure what he expected when he was going up against the Clinton Machine, but he is just getting a small taste of it right now. She will stop at nothing to gain the nomination and I see her knowing that this is her last chance at a run for the White House…if she can hold it for 8 years, then Chelsea will be in the running….right?

• February 3, 2016 10:53 am

If he hangs in there, her corruption may still be discussed. If not, its over.

• February 3, 2016 8:23 pm

Something fishy was going on in Iowa Lou and I think it is because the Dems know the best way to protect Hillary from corruption charges would be to make sure she wins the Presidency…

February 3, 2016 10:28 pm

Don’t know about all you “guys”, but I am already ready for this election to be over…they are starting so soon with the fraud and corruption….not sure I was to watch it for a year!

• February 3, 2016 10:45 pm

Good news Lou, it is only 10 months or so. 😉 I have to admit that I am enjoying this angle after years of being told this is not a problem…

February 4, 2016 4:40 pm

Well, of COURSE it is a problem and that is 10 months TOO much, Steve! Enjoy away!

• February 3, 2016 8:21 pm

If he skips the debate I think he loses, especially with him holding a big lead in New Hampshire right now. He does need more debates but I don’t think this is the right way to go about it.

February 3, 2016 10:34 am

OT I read this early this morning about Amarillo…I know it says they are afraid it will go the way of some of the issues that are going on it foreign cities…however, they are not armed, right? For some reason, cannot see mass rapes and pillaging going on here by the “refugees” without some retaliation, can you? If they have not started to take their streets back from these heathens, then who is at fault?

• February 3, 2016 10:52 am

Obama cut the border control by 50 percent. Here they come.