Donald Trump: ‘I’m very capable of changing to anything I want to change to’

February 11, 2016

The biggest problem that I have with Donald Trump is that he has changed his positions on several issues now that he is running for the Presidency as a Republican. I found this video over at Right Scoop in which Donald Trump mentions how easy it is for him to change into whatever he wants to be and I thought it needed to be shared.

He was talking about one specific issue when he made that comment, however he said as the campaign moved along he would be changing and it makes me wonder what exactly he means by change. He has already changed once from a liberal into a conservative, is it too hard to imagine that as President he would turn back into a liberal?

This is eerily reminiscent of the 2012 campaign when Mitt Romney’s political adviser Eric Fehrnstrom compared the former Massachusetts governor to an Etch-A-Sketch.

malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

1. February 11, 2016 8:17 am

To make deals, he needs to change and to get a feel for what people seek. All politicians do the same with promises and speeches. As Trump remains a relatively unknown political commodity, the People, need to push American values. Get Trump thinking slightly Right of center. He is not a polished speaker, and I doubt if he ever will be, but he most certainly will tell it like it is, from his point of view.

February 11, 2016 9:04 pm

Yep!

• February 11, 2016 9:18 pm

The one think I like about Trump is that he doesn’t have a problem saying what is on his mind. Nobody would be talking about immigration or Clinton’s past if it was not for him. The one think I don’t like about him is that I think he is a liberal and when he talks about change in this video I do not trust him to be a conservative if he is elected President.

2. February 11, 2016 8:53 am

Oh, geez. You think so?!? Maybe there’s hope after all…

3. February 11, 2016 10:25 am

But this has been true of every political candidate that has entered center stage. Rubio and Cruz are neocons to the core and are no different then Hillary on imperial America foerign policy. The US is currently reinforcing a base in the Kurdistan region of Syria. There is no end to this madness. We have been lied to every day since Eisenhower left office.(not that he was a saint he failed to contain the Dulles brothers )

Here is an interesting article on Trump and Bernie.

• February 11, 2016 9:22 pm

Interesting article, thanks for sharing it! Here is one that claims socialism won in New Hampshire–on both sides of the aisle:

4. petermc3 permalink
    February 11, 2016 3:42 pm

Change is good unless it is the Islamist Obama’s, either of the redneck Clintons or the rabble rousing Moe Ginsberg suit wearing commie from Brooklyn Bernie Sanders. As R III stated while Trump is not a polished speaker or politician he speaks his mind which more than can be said for 99% of the liars gracing the national stage. Look at the latest prevaricator, Saint Ryan. He spit in our face without blinking an eye and he is treated by his peers on the republican side like a man of his word. I do trust Donald Trump to do the right thing while I do not trust any of the others either R’s, D’s or I’s.

• February 11, 2016 9:23 pm

I agree 100% on Ryan and I do like they way Trump is not afraid to speak his mind in a day in age where people dance around the issues because of political correctness, I just do not think he is who he is claiming to be.

February 11, 2016 9:27 pm

None of them are, Steve, none of them are!

• February 11, 2016 11:17 pm

Very true Lou!

5. February 11, 2016 6:59 pm

Nice catch. So will the real Donald Trump stand up.

• February 11, 2016 9:24 pm

Exactly!

1. Donald Trump: ‘I’m very capable of changing to anything I want to change to’ | Rifleman III Journal
  2. Donald Trump is not sure Marco Rubio is eligible to run for President | America's Watchtower