Bernie Sanders withdraws his lawsuit against the DNC
Late last year some members of Bernie Sanders campaign allegedly illegally accessed Hillary Clinton’s campaign data. As a result of this infraction the Democratic National Committee suspended his campaign from gaining access to the party’s national voter database.
Needless to say Bernie Sanders played the victim card while ignoring his own alleged wrongdoing and threw a hissyfit, claiming the DNC was trying to rig the system for the former Secretary of State and he threatened to sue the Committee. Late last month Bernie Sanders finally made good on his threat but today, according to this story, he has withdrawn his lawsuit. Here is more:
Bernie Sanders’ campaign is withdrawing its lawsuit against the Democratic National Committee that alleged the party organization wrongly revoked the campaign’s access to its voter data file.
In its statement on Friday announcing the withdrawal, Sanders’ campaign also strongly maintained that it never deliberately stole information.
“The Sanders campaign never ‘stole’ any voter file data; the Sanders campaign never ‘exported’ any unauthorized voter file data; and the Sanders campaign certainly never had access to the Clinton campaign’s ‘strategic road map,’ the Sanders campaign said.
I have come up with three scenarios which could possibly explain why Bernie Sanders suddenly decided not to sue the DNC: he was nothing but controlled opposition all along, he knows he cannot win the race and is trying to bring the party together, or he knows his campaign is guilty and he is afraid it will come to light if he continued the lawsuit.
The DNC still believes Bernie Sanders is guilty of wrongdoing:
But in a separate statement, the DNC said that the independent investigation by CrowdStrike agreed upon by the Sanders campaign and the DNC “identified evidence of unauthorized access via four user accounts from the Bernie 2016 campaign. All unauthorized access occurred during a one-hour period from 10:41 to 11:42 EST on December 16, 2015.”
“During that time, the four users conducted 25 searches using proprietary Hillary for America score data across 11 states. All of the results of these searches were saved within the VoteBuilder system, with the exception of one instance where a user exported a statistical summary of a search using HFA scoring in New Hampshire,” the DNC statement said. “CrowdStrike found no evidence of unauthorized access by the Hillary for America or O’Malley for President campaigns.
If this is true I think it is all but certain the Sanders campaign is guilty and he knows it and I find it laughable that he actually tried to pretend he was the victim.
malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium