The latest Fox News poll shows Donald Trump beating Hillary Clinton

May 18, 2016

A new Fox News poll is out which shows Donald Trump with a slight lead over Hillary Clinton nationally. Here is more:

Presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump leads Hillary Clinton in a hypothetical general election matchup, according to a Fox News poll released Wednesday evening.

Trump leads Clinton 45 percent to 42 percent, within the poll’s 3-point margin of error.

The poll is within the margin of error, however in the last Fox News poll the former Secretary of State held a seven point lead so momentum might be on Donald Trump’s side right now.

In the same poll conducted in April, Clinton led by 7 points — 48 percent to 41 percent.

The sad part of this whole thing to me is that a majority of voters do not think either of these candidates is trustworthy:

Asked whether Trump is honest and trustworthy, 40 percent of registered voters surveyed said he is, while 57 percent said he is not. Asked the same of Clinton, 31 percent said she is and 66 percent said she is not.

I am with the majority on this because I do not trust either candidate either but for different reasons…

I am not a big fan of national polls but this could be an indicator of national sentiment toward the two candidates. Of course many times news organizations use polls to shape the news rather than report the news and just like every other news outlet Fox News has an agenda.

malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

1. May 18, 2016 8:02 pm

I like the looks of his potential supreme picks. Just saying!

• May 18, 2016 8:07 pm

I don’t know much about them but they are getting rave reviews! If they are as good as we are hearing I hope he is truthful about them.

2. Dr. Jeff permalink
    May 18, 2016 8:16 pm

Trump is riding a groundswell bigger than anything I’ve seen in my lifetime. btw – Eisenhower had barely settled into the White House when I was born.

I track news from a lot of sources, even in Hollywood, there’s serious support for Trump. How much? Now that’s a good question, but it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if he takes down Hillary and gets sworn in as our next President.

Speaking of the Hildebeast, enjoy this bit from Anonymous. I really hope they follow through.https://youtu.be/OTMaIX_JPE4

• Dr. Jeff permalink
      May 18, 2016 8:18 pm

P. S. Hat Tip: CMBlake

• May 19, 2016 5:31 am

It could get ugly for her because she has quite a bit in her closet and they have already claimed to have hacked into her personal email server.

May 19, 2016 7:20 am

I think that Trump is going to start hitting her hard with all that baggage, let’s see what her reaction is going to be.

• May 19, 2016 8:19 pm

I think people will find out why she is called Shrillary!

3. petermc3 permalink
    May 18, 2016 8:46 pm

When pant suit wins a state’s primary, even though only by a whisker, a state whose economic well being has been threatened time after time by lard ass that tells us spmething. I want to believe she will go down in flames against Trump but maybe I give to much credit to the ignorance and garden variety stupidity of the American voter. Kentucky’s giving her a win is like Hawaiians voting for her after vowing to kill the pineapple industry. Thinking positive during this election cycle is a tough sell. Polls are for strip clubs.

• Dr. Jeff permalink
      May 18, 2016 9:35 pm

Her win in Kentucky makes me wonder about how honest the count was. Why would so many people vote themselves into oblivion?

• petermc3 permalink
        May 18, 2016 10:17 pm

Ooh oh I know tge answer Dr. J: they’re democrat voters?

• Dr. Jeff permalink
        May 18, 2016 11:42 pm

You’re probably right. Sad, isn’t it?

• May 19, 2016 5:56 am

It doesn’t make any sense Dr. Jeff!

May 19, 2016 7:22 am

Maybe some people cannot “unlearn” stupid? She throws it right in their faces and still they vote for her while she takes them down….make no sense, does it?

• May 19, 2016 8:19 pm

I cannot explain it, I am at a loss for words!

• May 19, 2016 5:55 am

Yeah, knowing her past and what she has done and seeing people not caring about any of it really can be disheartening Peter!

May 19, 2016 8:02 am

OT: thought you all might like to see this.

• May 19, 2016 8:20 pm

I like it! You will not pass go and you will not receive $200…

May 20, 2016 8:04 am

Look at all the “stuff” in the picture other than the board game and who is at the table….things in the corners, etc….interesting.

• May 20, 2016 7:26 pm

Yes it is Lou!

1. The latest Fox News poll shows Donald Trump beating Hillary Clinton | Rifleman III Journal
  2. Rasmussen poll shows Donald Trump with a 5 point lead over Hillary Clinton | America's Watchtower