Sunday, January 15th open thread: ‘Porcupine Coat’

January 15, 2017

open-threadHere is the open thread for Sunday, January 15th. Please feel free to post links to interesting articles and to discuss whatever issues arise during the course of the day. Nothing is off-topic here.

Last week  we discussed 4 stories, did you miss any of them? If so there is an easy way to make sure it does not happen again. I understand that all of you are busy and cannot always find the time to check the blog for updates so why not subscribe to America’s Watchtower and receive email updates whenever I write a new post? That is the easiest way to follow the blog to ensure you never miss another post.

In addition to subscribing you can also follow America’s Watchtower on Facebook and Twitter by clicking the links on the right. But you will get more than that for I often post links to articles I probably will not be writing about so it is a great way to keep up with what is happening.

The Twitter widget in the sidebar is fully interactive. This widget updates my tweets in real time and allows you to respond to or retweet my tweets right from the blog. It also allows you to tweet me right from America’s Watchtower. How cool is that! If you do not have a Twitter account what better reason do you need to sign up for one!

Back in the day Lauri and I used to go to check out the local Boston music scene every so often and my favorite unknown band was called Think Tree. They had a little local success but never really went anywhere. There is very little live footage of the band but here is “All We Like Sheep” and “Porcupine Coat.”

1. petermac3 permalink
    January 15, 2017 11:04 am

The arrangement kinda brings to mind Michael Frank’s Popsicle Toes…kinda.

• January 15, 2017 7:27 pm

I have to admit I had to look that one up!

• petermac3 permalink
        January 16, 2017 12:29 am

Gotcha….

• January 16, 2017 6:28 am

Yes you did!

2. January 15, 2017 11:30 am

Good Vid Steve, I Like It !!
    (A Bit Of Everything That Can’t Be Classify, But Made Into Something…New)

• January 15, 2017 7:28 pm

Yeah, it was different. That is what I liked about it.

3. January 15, 2017 4:11 pm

You and Lauri were some ‘wild kids’ Steve! Now you’re older … ‘wild adults’! Aging does ‘give us’ different perspectives on life doesn’t it!

“Donald Trump cancels Martin Luther King Day visit to national African American history museum” Trump’s cancellation comes after he spent the holiday weekend publicly combating Lewis, a 16-term congressman who marched with Martin Luther King.
    Another reason for ‘term limits’!

Citizen’s responsibility to vote Pro-American ~ too many ‘sheep following the wrong shepherd’! Too bad the AZ people are still under the ‘spell’ and didn’t hear and do as this man suggested!:

What people don’t see ~ the TRUTH

I think pigs are cleaner, nicer to be around and a better ‘examples’ than the majority of politicians!

And ‘Why is Russia a threat? – maybe because they’re not as debase and corrupt as those who need to be canned/FIRED/KICKED OUT from leadership position in this ‘God rejecting’ agenda Gov of dark and perverted souls.

No wonder the sickos and creeps are ‘afraid of him’ – he speaks of their cesspool perspective.

• January 15, 2017 7:34 pm

We really were not all that wild to tell you the truth! 🙂 I have never really been big on term limits but that first video does a great job of explaining why they are needed. I am a little scared of a convention because I fear Democrats could use it on the second amendment or something else, it would have to be very limited.
      That McCain video is astounding, I cannot believe I never saw it before. How this man keeps getting elected is beyond me! I have not watched the other ones yet.

• petermac3 permalink
        January 16, 2017 12:46 am

A constitutional convention is as dangerous and possibly even more dangerous than a Clinton/Obama third and fourth term. Lets recognize the term limits hyperbole for what it is: hyperbole. Term limits are an impossibility.

• January 16, 2017 6:29 am

I think it is dangerous as well, I don’t trust them enough to only do what they would be sent to do.

• petermac3 permalink
      January 16, 2017 12:54 am

Who woulda thunk it; Godless communists are closer to Christian identity and doctrine than the God fearing religious of the western world. What’s next, burqa wearers going commando?

4. January 15, 2017 5:18 pm

Let’s ‘see’ if they’re ‘man-enough’ & ‘women-enough’ to step up and Apologize.

• January 15, 2017 7:36 pm

I wouldn’t count on it!

• petermac3 permalink
      January 16, 2017 12:48 am

Yeah for Woodward, he got one right.

• January 16, 2017 6:30 am

It had to happen sooner or later. 🙂