Barack Obama commutes Chelsea Manning’s sentence

January 17, 2017

I am sure you have all heard by now that Barack Obama has commuted the sentence of Chelsea Manning, who was tried and found guilty of leaking top secret United States documents to Julian Assange of Wikileaks and sentenced to 35 years in jail.

I just need somebody to help me through this one aspect of this: Wikileaks has been accused of working with Russia in an attempt to leak damaging material on Hillary Clinton before the election even though Julian Assange has repeatedly stated Russia was not the source of the information and Russia has been condemned for this. But here we have a person who actually did leak information to Wikileaks (in all likelihood not the information used in the attempt to take down Hillary Clinton) and he had his sentence commuted.

If what the Democrats are claiming is true about Russia coordinating with Wikileaks it means Chelsea Manning indirectly gave information to the Russians through Wikileaks.

Does this make any sense? I am confused…

malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

1. January 17, 2017 10:56 pm

The first problem to be addressed is the classification of the material released. You use the words top secret, but Wikipedia says “classified or unclassified but sensitive military and diplomatic documents.” As with Hillary there is a debate as to what is classified information. Hillary was SoS and Manning was a private. Why would a private have access to Top Secret Classified information? In another recent case a sailor took a selfie and accidently included a radar screen. He is facing charges of releasing classified information.

The second problem is we don’t know what Russia or China already knew. Did the information Manning release change or affect the US ME war strategy? Was Russia or China able to take advantage of the released information.

A leak is not a hack. The Dem. are computer illiterate and are attempting to decieve the public.

• January 17, 2017 11:33 pm

“Deceiving the public” is their MO!
      If China, Russia or any other country wanted top secret material Hilly was more of a supplier than ‘now female private’ Manning. I think we’d be shocked to discover the amount of ‘secrets’ Hilly turned over for a Clinton Foundation ‘$$$ gift/donation’. Even Bari, probably supplied secrets along w/ the billions or $$$ he ‘gave’ away to his friends. It’s probably only by the Grace of God this country is still breathing.

• January 18, 2017 6:43 am

I would lone to know that as well Zip. Interesting how the initiative is shutting down now that people cannot get anything from the Clinton’s, but I suppose the timing is just a coincidence. 😉

• January 18, 2017 6:41 am

Interesting points. There seems to be a double standard here, I also heard about the guy who was put in jail for taking that picture. That was a clear mistake and it seems to me like he should be let go.

2. January 17, 2017 11:25 pm

I didn’t give it much mind until I saw this vid and how the host pointed out some disturbing facts. It seems the only ones who get acquitted by this low-base prez are the sickos.
    It doesn’t answer your question but answers something else that quite telling:

(some cursing, etc)
    I wonder if Trump will bring Snowden back in and put him to work.

• January 18, 2017 6:44 am

Haven’t watched the video yet but it does seem Chelsea’s “conversion” might have played a role in this.

• petermac3 permalink
      January 18, 2017 7:13 am

This is only the beginning for Pope Barak Clemency the First.

• January 18, 2017 12:59 pm

Yeah Peter, I think the NWO globalist will continue to use him – especially since the koolaid drinkers are ‘activated’ when they see/hear him (swooning as Rush paints it). https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017/01/17/press-corps-gasps-when-the-king-enters-the-room/
        PRESS CORPS: Ohhhh! Oooo! Ahhh! (gasps) (applause)
        PHOTOGRAPHERS: (wild camera clicks)
        The possessed: I — I am…

• January 18, 2017 8:09 pm

That vid pretty much sums it up! I think Obama is going to be the next head of the UN, the elites are not done with him yet Zip.

• January 18, 2017 8:10 pm

Pope Clemency, I just got that Peter. I am a little slow! 🙂

3. petermac3 permalink
    January 18, 2017 7:18 am

You can bet he won’t be pardoning or commuting sentences of any purse snatchers unless they also murdered and trafficked drugs. But hold on Hillary, he has one day left to declare Marshall law.

• January 18, 2017 8:10 pm