Sunday, January 22nd open thread: ‘It’s a Shame About Ray’

January 22, 2017

open-thread Here is the open thread for Sunday, January 22nd. Please feel free to post links to interesting articles and to discuss whatever issues arise during the course of the day. Nothing is off-topic here.

Last week  we discussed 9 stories, did you miss any of them? If so there is an easy way to make sure it does not happen again. I understand that all of you are busy and cannot always find the time to check the blog for updates so why not subscribe to America’s Watchtower and receive email updates whenever I write a new post? That is the easiest way to follow the blog to ensure you never miss another post.

In addition to subscribing you can also follow America’s Watchtower on Facebook and Twitter by clicking the links on the right. But you will get more than that for I often post links to articles I probably will not be writing about so it is a great way to keep up with what is happening.

The Twitter widget in the sidebar is fully interactive. This widget updates my tweets in real time and allows you to respond to or retweet my tweets right from the blog. It also allows you to tweet me right from America’s Watchtower. How cool is that! If you do not have a Twitter account what better reason do you need to sign up for one!

Last week I shared a song by an obscure Boston band Lauri and I saw live a few times back in the day so I thought I would continue the Boston theme again this week with a band which is probably a little less obscure. The Lemonheads had a little bit of success nationally, most notably with their cover of Mrs. Robinson but they did have a couple of other semi-successful songs. Here is what is probably their second most known song, it is entitled “It’s a Shame About Ray” and this version was recorded live on David Letterman many years ago.

frui diem

1. January 22, 2017 12:52 pm

• January 23, 2017 6:28 am

Thanks for sharing!

2. Bruce permalink
    January 22, 2017 3:30 pm

I have a particular fondness for January 22 ;). And have enjoyed the “fundamental transformation” of the White House, rather than America, and I look forward to the fundamental transformation of power back to the people. But yesterday it became very clear that the left is alive and well and ready to protest and riot for the next 4 years. The left cries for unity…in their Orwellian ability to call protests and riots unity. Double speak is the primary language of the left.

• January 22, 2017 5:08 pm

Me too Bruce – reclaiming and re-instating ‘Life’ back into this Nation! The cesspool bloodsuckers and parasite need to be cleaned out – will take time, there’s LOTs of ‘um.
      I peeked at the ‘female march’ yesterday – what a depressing group. That’s what the low-life bottom feeders have produces and maybe it’s good that these females don’t have kids! Their doing potential children a big service by not having them, and doing us a favor too. It’s sad – the perversion of womanhood. Looking at ‘finally’ a 1st Lady, the difference is obvious. But scum don’t like quality because it forces them to acknowledge there’s a TRUTH that holds up high standards of conduct, thought, behavior and ‘being’. This generation and those before being crippled in mental growth, emotional maturity, from being feds lies that corrode their minds – their souls – brainwashed and indoctrinated to ‘think’ (ha) and ‘believe’ those trashy dark spirits who rule over the fleshy minions of depravity are the answer … oh how could go on and what I would forget to say, you’d fill-in the blanks!!
      I see ‘rioters’ not civil protestors, deranged souls that like the darkness over the light and justify themselves for their demoralizing acts – fools of the evilness of this world, who are inflated, puffed-up and neurotic. Ignorant and blind to GOODNESS, thinking themselves (because of being taught hogwash) entitled to something that they can only really appreciate by ‘working’ for it, owning it, caring for it. Another reason abortion is their answer.
      Also, I noticed the big deal that’s being made about the inauguration swearing in ‘attendance’. I was thinking maybe they photoshopped the Trump pic. but then thought: What does it matter? All it shows that more people were conned by Bari and wasted their time, effort and essence being there for the fraud – proving the success of the NWO making the masses ‘dunce’. Evidence of how the American people have become ‘totally stupid and brainless’ following the lies and liars in this Gov. & Bush set them up for it (working for his father’s NWO mentality Agenda)! Social conditioning by the crooked and perverse global rulers – the toxic weeds who have deceived the world.
      So, all that to say ~ I agree w/ you Bruce, the language of the ‘what’s left’ isn’t what will make America healthy. Power to people who are sane, moral, ethical, vitreous and, as Trump stated, righteous! Good thing this leadership Welcomes GOD Back – only by Him can we be made righteous and do good works worth any salt and preservation!

• January 23, 2017 6:32 am

I think you are right; rioters are more like it, these people do not have a cause they are fighting for. They are just there trying to spark violence so they can blame it on Trump.

• January 23, 2017 6:30 am

We can only hope that over time these people will grow bored and go home. However I think they are probably here to stay.

3. January 22, 2017 6:24 pm

Photoshop pics came to mind regarding the 2017 inaugruation and while looking up a few things came across this: Family pictures of young Barack and Michelle Obama are fake https://fellowshipoftheminds.com/2015/05/12/family-pictures-of-young-obama-are-fake/
    People have been following ‘fake’ for so long it’s going to take awhile for people to come out of the fog and mire and choose to follow ‘Real’.
    My nephew has a 6 yr. old son being taught ‘how to read’ in school. So, he’s being a good Dad and teaching him how to read – disliking the ‘so-called education system’. Another group that needs to be gutted and re-established on a true foundation by this new Admin.

Putting the responsibly on others:

Double standards, double talk and lack of ethics, a perversion of values and morals – all in the cesspool of the ‘evolutionist’ brain dumb!

• January 23, 2017 6:35 am

I hadn’t seen the story of that pic of Obama with his grandparents before, or if I did I forgot about it, but it certainly looks as if it was more “fake news!”

4. January 22, 2017 7:14 pm