Sunday, June 25th open thread: ‘Tupelo’

June 25, 2017

open-thread Here is the open thread for Sunday, June 25th. Please feel free to post links to interesting articles and to discuss whatever issues arise during the course of the day. Nothing is off-topic here.

Last week  we discussed 11 stories, did you miss any of them? If so there is an easy way to make sure it does not happen again. I understand that all of you are busy and cannot always find the time to check the blog for updates so why not subscribe to America’s Watchtower and receive email updates whenever I write a new post? That is the easiest way to follow the blog to ensure you never miss another post.

In addition to subscribing you can also follow America’s Watchtower on Facebook and Twitter by clicking the links on the right. But you will get more than that for I often post links to articles probably will not be writing about so it is a great way to keep up with what is happening.

The Twitter widget in the sidebar is fully interactive. This widget updates my tweets in real time and allows you to respond to or retweet my tweets right from the blog. It also allows you to tweet me right from America’s Watchtower. How cool is that! If you do not have a Twitter account what better reason do you need to sign up for one!

Two weeks ago my son Andy and I went to see one of my all time favorite singer/songwriters perform in Boston. This was the second time we have seen Nick Cave perform and he did not disappoint! Nick Cave’s shows are intense and this one was no different, I think he was better this time than he was the last time we saw him.

Nick Cave’s songs range from being atmospheric to mellow and piano-based to hard-hitting and in your face. “Tupelo” is somewhere in the middle and it is one of my favorites. Here is “Tupelo” performed live in Boston on June 10th:

frui diem

1. June 25, 2017 9:10 am

• June 25, 2017 6:04 pm

Great Zappa selection! My brother and my brother-in-law are both huge Zappa fans, they know everything he ever did. I hadn’t heard this one before, you always seem to have something new for me. 🙂

• June 26, 2017 11:17 am

Hello Steve, I Know You Like Music, And Many Of It We Both Like.
        Hillary Clinton-Geopolitic Is A Subject Among Other Geopolitics Subject, I Can Follow.
        Otherwize I’m Not To Say About The US Inner Matter, I Don’t Live That Reality, I live Another That Have Its Problems Too. Above All I Don’t Want To Be A Troll.

• June 26, 2017 7:09 pm

That was an interesting version of that song, I always like it when a band covers a song and puts their own take on it.

2. June 25, 2017 11:53 am

• June 25, 2017 6:09 pm

Great job, you managed to fit so much into three minutes! I am currently rereading Isaiah because there are some great prophesies in that book.

• June 28, 2017 6:03 am

To Zip, Hello, You May Have Heard About Bitcoin. China Want His Money Back, Bitcoin Might Be A Solution, The Money Will Exist For The Chinese As An Asset. And The US Getting Out Of A Debt, That They Can’t Even Pay The Interrest Anymore..
      Well, There Is Something Else:
      -Get Out Of The Paper Money
      -Establish Wireless Chips For All Transaction
      -Lost Of Control And Privacy
      -In or Out System

If You Think Of The Bible…And The Changes To Come..
      i’ll Be Interested Of Your Opinion…

• June 28, 2017 12:12 pm

We do like to be hopeful that ‘things will get better’ but the fact is there are ‘evil powers (spiritual and physical realm) that are in positions of leadership and have their own ‘interpretation’ of better – which isn’t ours! Scripture tells us that the ‘means of exchange’ will change and be more controlled by the god of this world – an AI seems to be directly connected.
        Much of our transactions are done in the air -digitally- today already, Wall Street and trading (none of that is really seen except on a screen).
        Floyd was insightful, the god of this world dovetailed to money, and many lust after it. But, like Jesus stated about the rich man and his bigger barn: Luke 12:21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.
        Some get their ‘life’ from finically riches, some alcohol, drugs, pride, religion, politics (power/control), all of which will fail at some point, or their physical life be taken. As you know and believe, Life is of God and if we don’t live in His Life (Christ Jesus) we are nothing. 1 John 4:9
        Here’s one worldview source of news: http://x22report.com/start-the-countdown-the-summer-months-are-the-elites-time-to-create-havoc-episode-1317/#more-263988

• June 28, 2017 1:23 pm

I Hope I’v Got Enough Time. Thank You Zip, Did Like The Radio Show.You know Here Has Been Experiment, Actually It Was The Swiss Railway. You Have A Card On You, And Everytime You Take A Train It Calculate Your Fee,Then Taking An Other Train So On, And Then You Receive Your Bill Home. For A Reason They Leave That Project Alone, But True If That System Work With Shop And So On, That Could Create Some Sort Of Alliance.
        I Have To Check Revelation, But Thank Zip Thank You And God Bless You, We Are Believing In The King Of King. After Reading You, I Did Remember …Jesus Ask What Was On The Coin, A Person Said CEASAR…

Video Not Rebellious (can have fun without it)

• June 28, 2017 7:12 pm

That is interesting Zip about scripture saying the means of exchange will be changed. I have to delve into that a but more.

3. June 28, 2017 10:29 pm

Few Upgrade Since Then. Like USB Key Always More Stockage And Always Smaller Size.
    What You Can See In This Video Its Is Enthusiasm (Scarry) But There Are Much More To Come….