Sunday, July 9th open thread: ‘Don’t Let it Get You Down’

July 9, 2017

open-threadHere is the open thread for Sunday, July 9th. Please feel free to post links to interesting articles and to discuss whatever issues arise during the course of the day. Nothing is off-topic here.

Including my Independence Day post we discussed 7 stories, did you miss any of them? If so there is an easy way to make sure it does not happen again. I understand that all of you are busy and cannot always find the time to check the blog for updates so why not subscribe to America’s Watchtower and receive email updates whenever I write a new post? That is the easiest way to follow the blog to ensure you never miss another post.

In addition to subscribing you can also follow America’s Watchtower on Facebook and Twitter by clicking the links on the right. But you will get more than that for I often post links to articles probably will not be writing about so it is a great way to keep up with what is happening.

The Twitter widget in the sidebar is fully interactive. This widget updates my tweets in real time and allows you to respond to or retweet my tweets right from the blog. It also allows you to tweet me right from America’s Watchtower. How cool is that! If you do not have a Twitter account what better reason do you need to sign up for one!

Last Thursday I found out that two of my favorite bands from the 1980’s were performing together in Boston next Saturday night and despite tickets having been on sale for awhile now I was able to get three tickets with pretty good seats.

My wife and I have seen the Violent Femmes two times years ago but we have never seen Echo and the Bunnymen, Andy will be seeing both bands for the first time.

Here is Echo and the Bunnymen performing “Don’t Let it Get You Down” live from 1997. frui diem

1. July 9, 2017 8:37 am

• July 9, 2017 6:54 pm

Thanks for sharing, I like Eminem. Interesting video.

2. July 9, 2017 1:30 pm

Some polish music:

• July 9, 2017 1:35 pm

Assortment Playlist: https://youtu.be/M5UqFj-uk78?list=RDQMXhsqwwUCvEk

• July 9, 2017 6:55 pm

Interesting! Thanks for sharing, I liked it!

3. July 9, 2017 1:33 pm

Another colorful one:

• July 9, 2017 6:57 pm

I liked it and yes it was colorful!

4. July 9, 2017 2:43 pm

Came across this and thought it share-worthy. Living in the moment takes more than effort and awareness!

• July 9, 2017 7:06 pm

That was an interesting video and it shows how self-centered many of us have become. So often we focus on the Ten Commandments and neglect the Beatitudes. We are supposed to help those in need but we often forget this. Here is an interesting link: http://www.jesuschristsavior.net/Beatitudes.html

• July 9, 2017 9:20 pm

Interesting ‘dot connection’ Steve! I like it. What comes to mind with that link is how all these point to the Lover of our souls Christ Jesus. Also brings to mind the “fruit of the Spirit” (which works in us who believe The Gospel, these qualities) which dovetails w/ the ‘Be~Attitudes!’ (I think!) “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.” Galatians 5:22-23
        & “(For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.” Ephesians 5:9-10
        Now if that Spirit ruled more in all people’s ‘attitudes’ how different things would be! … one fine day! 🙂

• July 10, 2017 5:28 am

I never thought of them as Be-Attitudes before but I like that! You are right, if more people had the fruit of the Spirit this world would be a much better place!