Donald Trump continues to attack Jeff Sessions

July 25, 2017

donald trumpOkay, I am going to vent some of my frustrations over Donald Trump’s continued attacks on Attorney General Jeff Sessions. Donald Trump has taken to Twitter several times now to go after Jeff Sessions for not investigating the scandals surrounding Hillary Clinton–those include the email scandal, the alleged Clinton Foundation pay to play scheme, and the possible collusion between the Democratic National Committee, the Clinton campaign, and Ukraine.

The problem for the President is that after the election was over Donald Trump said he “didn’t want to hurt the Clintons” because she “went through a lot and suffered greatly.” He went on to say he was looking forward not backwards after a campaign that “was vicious.”

It would appear as if Jeff Session is simply following Donald Trump’s publicly stated wishes and now he is attacking him for it. The one possible exception could be the allegations of collusion between the Campaign and Ukraine because I do not think those revelations came to light until fairly recently.

But the real bone of contention seems to be Jeff Sessions’ decision to recuse himself from the Russia investigation. Even today when asked about it Donald Trump said he was disappointed in Jeff Sessions for recusing himself, and he has stated several times that if he knew the Attorney General was going to do so he would not have nominated him in the first place. That is understandable however the President has gone on to say that if Jeff Sessions knew he was going to recuse himself he should have told him so he could pick somebody else.

The problem with this is it is revisionist history. Jeff Sessions did not know he was going to recuse himself until after he was confirmed. It was during the confirmation hearing that the meeting between himself and the Russian ambassador, which led to his decision, first came to light and it was not until after he was confirmed that the pressure started to build for him to recuse himself.

Today Donald Trump expressed he wanted Jeff Sessions to be tougher on prosecuting leaks:

Trump said he wanted Sessions to be tougher on prosecuting leaks.

“I want the Attorney General to be much tougher on the leaks from intelligence agencies, which are leaking like rarely have they ever leaked before at a very important level.”

I happen to agree with the President on this issue, whomever is behind these leaks needs to be found and prosecuted. However Donald Trump should direct Jeff Sessions to do this, not attack him during a press conference for not doing so.

I am so frustrated with this whole situation because it appears to me Donald Trump is trying to make Jeff Sessions the scapegoat and he is taking the focus off of the agenda and providing the mainstream media with fodder, the media does not need this fodder because they create in on their own.

malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

1. July 25, 2017 7:32 pm

Reblogged this on Brittius.

• July 25, 2017 7:33 pm

Thanks again for another reblog my friend.

• July 26, 2017 3:43 am

You’re welcome.

2. petermac3 permalink
    July 25, 2017 7:49 pm

SNAFU!

• July 25, 2017 7:49 pm

YEP!

3. July 25, 2017 9:51 pm

I think that after being constantly beaten up for 8 1/2 months Trump’s offer of magnanimity is over. Replacing the Communications Director signals a change in tactics. I think his twitter tirade on the AG is part of the “game”. Who knows what is occurring behind the scene. DOJ could be sitting on a possible indictment and is waiting for all the pieces to be put in place and the right time. This is what happened with Comey.

I would hope the DOJ, FBI and Trump have connected the dots like this …

• July 25, 2017 10:47 pm

I’m skipping watching the vid because my eye’s have seen enough of ‘her’. But, getting strong people in the right position is good of biz and war – stopping the leaks is another “must.” Get rid of chaff – basically anyone who 0 hired. Slotting someone in who can man up or women up and go after Hilly and those of her clan, better yet! Like replacing Spicer w/ Sanders is a start. I liked Spicer, but he wasn’t right for that role – his talents, skills and personality can be beneficial in another capacity of service.
      “Sanders was tapped to take over the role of press secretary after Sean Spicer resigned the job in protest over the hiring of Scaramucci.
      Over the weekend, Scaramucci pledged on Fox News to begin “an era of a new good feeling” and said he hopes to “create a more positive mojo.”
      OUT w/ the neg and in w/ what’s of worth, value and excellent quality!

• July 26, 2017 5:40 am

I don’t understand why he hasn’t purged all Obama hires yet. It will be interesting to see how Scaramucci does although Spicer shouldn’t be blamed for all the negativity. The media never gave Trump a chance in the first place.

• July 26, 2017 10:45 am

Yes, since the media is owned by our enemy, the job of those working in it is to “not to give Pres Trump a chance! ‘Like him or not’, he’s a God sent to us rather than Hilly. Scripture tells us where this is all heading, and he might be part of that (and us too, whether we realize it or not), but for the fact that he’s asking people to ‘pray to the LORD of Creation for him and his family’ should give us more ‘hope’ than a churning over in our stomach – that came with the previous CIA plant in that position (empowered by the dark lord)! ~ just my thinking. By ‘human nature’ we easily pick out the flaws, and sometimes have a suggestion how things would run better, but we’re limited and subjective and the enemy uses that nature against us & godliness as a whole.

• July 26, 2017 7:12 pm

Yes, he is so much better than Hillary! At least Trump is trying to do the right thing, he just keeps shooting himself in the foot.

• July 26, 2017 5:37 am

We’ll see how this progresses but I don’t see what gain there is in this for the President.

4. July 25, 2017 10:08 pm

IF Trey were in that position would he be ‘milk toasting’? Could be, Session’s needs to be re-slotting in where he’s more efficient and effective, just like Spicer – the press got to him, so Sarah Huckabee Sanders is being given a try. She seems to ‘know them for who they are’ and treats them with respect but ‘matter-of-factly’.
    You might like this one too:

Might as well pray for God to help direct him ~ Hilly sure wouldn’t be asking for His direction!

• July 26, 2017 5:41 am

I will have to watch this one tonight after work. Thanks for sharing.

• July 26, 2017 7:41 pm

You’ll like this one Steve! 🙂

• July 26, 2017 8:01 pm

That was awesome, thanks for sharing! People don’t like to think about good and evil, they like to think of it as political differences but it is more than that. I hope Trump’s faith is genuine and hearing about how it was actually a pastor who released the photo and not Trump leads me to believe he does have faith and this was not a PR move. I am so glad you shared this.
      I was struck by one media person, I think she was from MSNBC, who was totally taken aback be people laying their hands on Donald Trump. She had not idea what this was about. When I was going through my brain surgery crisis the Congregation laid hands upon me and prayed for me, it was the most powerful moment in my life. Knowing that so many people were praying for me was comforting in my time of distress. There is a love there that non-believers do not understand.

• July 26, 2017 10:48 pm

I bet that was ‘powerful’ Steve. NEAT. I’m glad they did that. Those “rare” moments where you can ‘sense’ the Spirit of God moving in a “real way”, like a “substance” (which faith is Her 11:1)! That Love is of God, Himself, and He wants all to know and to come to salvation! Thanks for viewing and you comments I knew it would sit well with you! 😊

5. July 26, 2017 6:20 am

He loses Sessions Trump will be toast…..how this could be some master plot beats me, but several of my friends think the same thing… I think it is called denial.