Sunday, October 8th open thread: ‘While My Guitar Gently Weeps’

October 8, 2017

open-thread Here is the open thread for Sunday, October 8th. Please feel free to post links to interesting articles and to discuss whatever issues arise during the course of the day. Nothing is off-topic here.

I apologize for not being around much last week. I refused to get sucked into the politics of the Las Vegas shooting so there was not much else to write about, but still we discussed 5 stories. Did you miss any of them? If so there is an easy way to make sure it does not happen again. I understand that all of you are busy and cannot always find the time to check the blog for updates so why not subscribe to America’s Watchtower and receive email updates whenever I write a new post? That is the easiest way to follow the blog to ensure you never miss another post.

In addition to subscribing you can also follow America’s Watchtower on Facebook and Twitter by clicking the links on the right. But you will get more than that for I often post links to articles probably will not be writing about so it is a great way to keep up with what is happening.

The Twitter widget in the sidebar is fully interactive. This widget updates my tweets in real time and allows you to respond to or retweet my tweets right from the blog. It also allows you to tweet me right from America’s Watchtower.

The rock world lost another one when Tom Petty passed away suddenly at the age of 66. To be honest I was never a huge Tom Petty fan but he did have some good tunes. I was never a big Beatles fan either but I do like “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” so here is Tom Petty and others performing that tune live in 2004. Prince comes in about halfway through it and does what he did best before delivering the ultimate “mic drop” at the end. Enjoy:

frui diem

1. October 8, 2017 7:24 am

Kapernack has a Muslim girl friend. The companies that sponsor athletes and pro football are increasingly owned by foreign and globalist interests hostile to America. Many of the local governments that give great deals to pro football to get the team to come or stay in their own town are far left and hostile to America. The Washington Post rposts connections bewteen, pro football, George Soros, and Leftist Causes. So who needs ticket sales from Trump voters if the communists will fund pro football?

• October 8, 2017 1:30 pm

Might find this interesting: https://gnosticwarrior.com/freemasons-created-the-game-of-football.html

2. October 8, 2017 1:37 pm

Liars are very convincing

• October 8, 2017 6:37 pm

Very good Zip, thanks for sharing! How I wish Bill Cooper was still here so we could hear what he had to say on this, but of course they made sure he was gone…

3. October 8, 2017 2:14 pm

Connecting more dots. Consider the false flags that you ‘realize occurred’ and see how Vegas has similar markings. The ‘evils that are’ made it all so ‘convincing’. They propably already have ‘things in motion that take away more freedoms’ and ‘more restrictions and acts of totalitarianism” Redefining the word “Patriot”.
    Change the language (meaning of words) and you control the masses. NDAA and taxes at work.

• October 8, 2017 6:42 pm

This whole story stinks! Right now I am thinking the shooter was a patsy but I don’t know. I am hoping the shooter’s brother or girlfriend will crack because I think they know more than they are letting on. Of course if they do start to crack we know what will happen to them….

• October 8, 2017 7:47 pm

If they do come close to cracking that wouldn’t be allowed. They’d be ‘re-educated’ or their memory ‘altered’ to say what they’re “suppose to say.” The ‘evils that are’ will jam thru what they’re going to do anyway (as Cooper would say) … they already have it all planned out. The new tech of backscatters will invade the public scene
        Reminds me of this scene in Total Recall:

• October 9, 2017 5:31 am

Or they could meet with an unfortunate accident…

4. October 8, 2017 2:33 pm

😉

• October 8, 2017 6:43 pm

I love this song! I have not heard it in years and I forgot about it, thanks for sharing it!

5. October 8, 2017 8:04 pm

This is not a ‘pc’ vid.

• October 9, 2017 5:59 am

Thanks for sharing this!

• October 9, 2017 11:24 am

Please check out Freedom Project Academy – http://fpeusa.org/

• October 9, 2017 7:04 pm

Awesome job, keep up the good work!

6. October 9, 2017 11:26 am

I don’t know how the Las Vegas Tragedy happened. But a political mentor of mine said that this is all too convenient for the narrative that the left has been wanting: Domestic white guys are the terrorists. Was he radicalized by some group?

• October 9, 2017 7:05 pm

I agree, I don’t know what actually happened but I am willing to bet there is much more to this story which is being concealed from us.