Inspector General report finds James Comey violated FBI policies

August 29, 2019

The long-awaited Inspector General report was released today, shortly before a long holiday weekend of course, and it confirmed the rumor we heard back at the beginning of the month. The report found that James Comey did violate FBI policies when he released his notes on his interview with Donald Trump.

Here is more:

A scathing report released Thursday by the Justice Department’s Office of Inspector General found former FBI Director James Comey violated bureau policies and his employment agreement with his handling of official memos.

The investigation concerned memos detailing Comey’s interactions and conversations with President Trump

“We conclude that Comey’s retention, handling, and dissemination of certain Memos violated Department and FBI policies, and his FBI Employment Agreement,” the report states. It noted that “much of the content of the Memos was directly tied to FBI investigative activities.”

he said Comey broke FBI policies by seeking to share unauthorized information about ongoing investigations with a friend — who then gave the information to The New York Times two months after Comey was removed from the FBI by Trump.

“Former Director Comey failed to live up to this responsibility,” the 83-page report says. “By not safeguarding sensitive information obtained during the course of his FBI employment, and by using it to create public pressure for official action, Comey set a dangerous example for the over 35,000 current FBI employees—and the many thousands more former FBI employees—who similarly have access to or knowledge of non-public information.”

However Michael Horowitz did not find that James Comey shared classified information and because of this he did not recommend bringing charges against the former FBI Director. And of course we already knew from the rumors at the beginning of August that the fix was in because William Barr had already decided to let him off the hook.

malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

1. peter3nj permalink
    August 29, 2019 7:41 pm

Next…

2. MaddMedic permalink
    August 29, 2019 9:43 pm

Swamp protects it’s own…

3. Dr. Jeff permalink
    August 29, 2019 10:07 pm

Now I’m confused.

I always thought that Comey was one of the chief Swamp Dwellers with a good likelihood of criminal prosecution, at least for his handling of the Hillary Clinton Investigation. I thought that he would have some shady associations and deals with people like Hillary or Holder, far beyond the documents he leaked at the end.

Trump installed a new Attorney General. Swamp dwellers in at least part of the the DOJ have been sent home to look for new jobs. We were supposed to have an FBI that was being cleansed of the corruption of the Obama years. I heard of Barr already agreeing to let Comey go, but I’d mostly written it off as a Liberal delusion.

And now, Comey just got a walk!

Now, I know I cannot trust Liberal news sites. Liberals will lie about the time of day. I don’t entirely trust Fox or any of the Conservative news sites either. I get most of my news from varying combinations of Daily Mail, Fox, CNN, Drudge and ABC. There’s enough variation there to give me what I thought was a fair cross section of information.

Now I want to know, who engineered the disinformation that was bought by every news site from Liberal to Conservative?

…or…

Why has Trump, the Swamp DRAINER, failed to see Comey indicted, let alone convicted?

…or…

Having the Swamp Dwellers so deeply embedded in our government that even the Attorney General is aiding the cover up, is another possibility. At that point things get paranoid very fast.

What just happened and what did I miss?

• August 30, 2019 5:12 am

I believe it is your last scenario. I believe Barr is a swamp creature as well and they are protecting their own and the report is just an attempt to make it look as if they were being fair. That is the scariest of all the scenarios because it shows us nothing is ever going to change, but it is the one I believe is the truth.

4. August 30, 2019 11:32 am

Sure… and they tell us to wait until the IG report… any day now…..anyway, the IG didn’t have the ability to hold a Grand Jury with Supeona power so why is he the end all? Why not the FBI investigate the matter? And frankly why are we buying the kool aid that the he is the end all?

• August 30, 2019 6:39 pm

And now they are trying to convince us that Barr let him go on this because he is going to go after him on more serious charges, but that is either wishful thinking or just an outright lie in the hopes of placating us for a little while.

• Dr. Jeff permalink
      August 30, 2019 6:41 pm

So Hydra just might be running our government. I wish I could say you were wrong, but I suspect you are right.

5. Dr. Jeff permalink
    August 30, 2019 6:22 pm

About the Swamp Dwellers, I have an idea that EVERY bureaucrat hired during the Obama years should be terminated. Every bureaucrat, promoted during the Obama years should be put on leave pending a full investigation of contacts and affiliations. I expect about half of those promoted should be terminated and the rest should be allowed to go back to work.

Yeah, I know that is impossibly extreme and would probably hurt innocent people, but we are looking at a very dire situation. Legally, it probably can’t be done and morally it would be quesitonable, but it makes an interesting idea.

• August 30, 2019 6:41 pm

The first thing Trump should have done was fire all of the Obama officials he could legally fire but I think even he did not fully understand how deep the corruption went. I fear it is too late to do anything at this point.

• August 30, 2019 7:11 pm

Keep in mind when Obama came in he made the 400 attorneys that usually get swapped out for the new admin to pick was changed. He made them career employees. Obama, always thinking a mile ahead.

• August 30, 2019 7:23 pm

They are always one step ahead!