Barack Obama Wants to Teach Kindergarten age Children Sex Education

July 18, 2007

ABC News’ Teddy Davis and Lindsey Ellerson Report: Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., told Planned Parenthood Tuesday that sex education for kindergartners, as long as it is “age-appropriate,” is “the right thing to do.”

This is so ridiculous I am not going to devote more than one paragraph to this. Let me just say to Obama two things. First, age appropriate sex education to a kindergartner is NO sex education. These children are too young to have any realization of what we would be teaching them about sex. In today’s world children are already growing up too fast, we don’t need to further this by teaching them about sex at such a young age. And secondly, If I as a parent want to teach my kindergarten aged child about sex, I will do it. I don’t need you to do it for me.

1. Alex permalink
    July 19, 2007 12:55 am

Some kids are being raped in Kindergarten. I think it’s okay to tell them about private parts and respecting privacy and modesty, and encourage them to tell of any abuse. That’s always age-appropriate.

• Georgette permalink
      September 18, 2013 12:16 am

Alex, I agree that appropriate vs. inappropriate touching is important, but if you look closely at much of the proposed curriculum you will see that “sex ed” goes way beyond this age-appropriate safety discussion and borders on the obscene. No 5 yr old innocent child needs to be taught how to masturbate.

2. July 19, 2007 11:59 am

What is “age appropriate” in sex education? When I was in kindergarten, my concerns were playing tag, watching Mr. Rogers and building Lego fortresses. The only thing that concerned me about sex was that girls were icky. What right would the government have in coming in and stripping away the innocence that children of that age enjoy?

Such silliness.

3. Jennifer permalink
    September 9, 2008 6:33 am

You are crazy. I teach K and we already teach “Sex Education” This involves teaching that your “bathing suit areas” are private and you should tell a parent or teacher if anyone touches you there. They also say that children should not talk to or go anywhere with a stranger. WOW….. I guess Republicans don’t want kids knowing that! This discussion is pitiful.

4. Chas permalink
    September 11, 2008 12:21 am

When is it approrprate to teach K children that masterbating is OK if done in private? Can a 5 or 6 year old masterbate? How do you explain to them what it is and how its done? Do you want your child to try this new taught health discovery in their bedroom or closet with the door closed? Would you smile at your child and give them a high five…? Would you thank the health teacher and Obama for the compassion of teaching you child to masterbate in private. Or how about finding children in the room trying to get that good feeling they’ve been taught there is when others touch your private parts?
    Obama’s Sex Education Prevention ideas are detestable. I would rip my children immediately from any school that offered such teaching. I will teach my children these facts as they need to know them and in the context of right and wrong behavior.

5. kayb permalink
    October 2, 2008 1:26 pm

WOOOOW are you seriously oppossed to having your children know what is thiers and no one elses. Do you know the percentage of reported child abuse would go up because a confused young child would no longer be confused and know that what is being done to them is wrong. In court more cases of abuse are more likely to be prosecuted becuase the child can be anatomicaly correct in describing what has happened to them and where, no longer leaving room for the horrid people who do such things to squirm thier way out. I think this is important and should deffinately be taught. and to Chas they wouldn’t be teaching your kids how to jerk off they would be teaching them how to not let 42 year old men do such things and get away. This is retarded. Closed minds should come with closed mouths.

6. ACE permalink
    October 15, 2008 5:03 pm

This is basically a “STRANGER DANGER CLASS” meant to be for protection of children, starting in kindergarten.

The proposal called for “age and developmentally appropriate” sex education and also allowed parents the option of withdrawing their children from such classroom instruction if they felt that it clashed with their beliefs or values.

“I have a 6-year-old daughter and a 3-year-old daughter, and one of the things my wife and I talked to our daughter about is the possibility of somebody touching them inappropriately, and what that might mean,” Mr. Obama said in 2004. “And that was included specifically in the law, so that kindergarteners are able to exercise some possible protection against abuse, because I have family members as well as friends who suffered abuse at that age.”

1. Massachusetts Middle School Cancels Field Trip to see Miracle on 34th Street Because of Objectionable Content « Wake Up America
  2. Ding Dong the Witch is Dead (Hillary Clinton Finally Drops Out) « Wake Up America
  3. A Contrast in Campaigns; McCain Moves Left, Obama Moves Right « Wake Up America
  4. A Contrast in Campaigns; McCain Moves Left, Obama Moves Right | Grizzly Groundswell