Gunrunner: Arizona to open an investigation into Fast and Furious

January 25, 2012

I was going to write a post about this last week when the news first broke, but then decided against it because I felt this was something that was going nowhere so why bother? But after reading this article tonight I asked myself a different question; why not write about it?

Frustrated with the slow progress being made by the federal government’s investigation into the Fast and Furious scandal, due in part to the stonewalling of Eric Holder on pertinent documents related to the scandal, Arizona has decided to open up its own investigation into the deadly scandal to determine if the federal government broke any state laws when it entered the illicit business of gun trafficking.

Here is part of what Arizona House Speaker Andy Tobin had to say earlier today about this decision:

This is an incident that occurred on Arizona soil, with Arizona business owners, [where we lost] an Arizona agent (Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry), and quite frankly we felt it needed a lot more attention. We felt our citizens needed a place to go to share their stories. Maybe there’s more there. This was a failed program right from the start and I think the idea is to put more light on it.

It doesn’t appear he had a grasp on it right from the beginning when the inquiries started coming in. And forgive me for being concerned when I hear that the federal government’s here and they’re here to help. [We’re] the state that had to pass S.B. 1070 so we could help secure our borders, and the fed sued us…we’ve lost millions of acres of forest land [to fires] because the feds won’t let us clean them, we’ve got a Navajo power plant that the EPA may close…I meant the list goes on and on.

The public deserves some answers and we can’t wait for the fed to give us some of those answers. So let’s put some light on it, let’s have some transparency in government. Let’s go ahead and bring some Arizona citizens in to testify and see where this leads us.

I take issue with only one thing that Mr. Tobin said in the quotes above: This was not a failed operation and in fact this operation was proceeding exactly as the Obama regime had hoped it would right up until the regime had American blood on its hands. Andy Tobin is assuming that this was a legitimate operation with legitimate goals, but in my opinion this was nothing but an attempt by the Obama regime to prove the 90% lie and ensure that American weapons would be found at crime scenes along the border so it could be used as an attempt to ban assault weapons and gain support for the United Nations Small Arms Treaty. It wasn’t until Brian Terry was murdered with a weapon the United States government knowingly sold to a criminal that the Obama regime thought this was a failed policy, if he wasn’t murdered this operation would still be in effect today.

That being said, I still feel nothing will come from this investigation from a legal perspective,but it could still serve a purpose. Operation Fast and Furious has simply not received the media coverage it deserves, and I would bet that a majority of Americans have not even heard of this scandal, so if opening up this second front against the deadly operation helps to bring attention on a national level to this scandal it will be worth it. Up until now this has mostly been covered in the blogosphere and the mainstream media has been able to ignore it, but if enough people speak long enough and loudly enough Operation Fast and Furious will not be able to be ignored forever. Arizona’s investigation into this matter might just be the first step in this direction.

1. bunkerville permalink
    January 25, 2012 10:20 pm

That was quite some picture over at your link. Sooner or later, the media will not be able to ignore this.

• January 26, 2012 6:38 am

It sure was and we know that hundreds of the weapons are still missing, that was only a portion of them.

2. January 26, 2012 12:04 am

Good idea, although I don’t know if they could dig up more dirt than Issa has. Still, Obama’s goons are not immune from prosecution, and may face court time from the feds and Arizona. Let them have it Arizona.

• January 26, 2012 6:42 am

You are right, they wil never be able to dig up more dirt then Issa and they won’t have access to the documents Issa has which is why I wasn’t going to write about this at first. But as long as Arizona is pushing this and making noise about this it will get in the news cycle and hopefully people who don’t know about Fast and Furious will begin learning about it.

January 26, 2012 2:00 pm

I know this will sound bad, but there seems to be an awful lot of women that are standing up to this administration. I am beginning to think the majority of the men just don’t want to make waves. Does anyone else see this pattern? More power to the Governor, maybe she will get coverage over it.

• January 26, 2012 9:03 pm

I hadn’t noticed that, but I will be watching now that you have brought it to my attention. Wasn’t it great to see Gov. Brewer not back down from Barack Obama?

4. MTBirkmire permalink
    January 27, 2012 11:06 am

I hope & pray that this really will be investigated because all sorts of illegal guns are showing up in the hands of children that are going to prison for life or dying. GOD help obama playing president because he has ALOT of blood on his hands. Thanks to obama our military and police have their hands tied in politics, while our money is being syphened off by a leftist democrat party. It infuriates me that it was fancy nancy pelosi who was in charge of obama’s paperwork. Holder’s look on his face during the hearings shows his contempt for us and he’s doing the job obama wanted, you are so right about this is deliberate!I have a nice house in no man’s land, phoenix, arizona thank you obama-NOT.

• January 27, 2012 10:13 pm

The Arizona investigation will go nowhere because they simply don’t have access to the documents they need to really pursue this issue, but hopefully it will bring public attention to this scandal.

5. MTBirkmire permalink
    January 27, 2012 11:40 pm

Wow, that is very upsetting. Thank You for being so honest and blunt, it’s the truth and it hurts.