Darrell Issa wants to know why the Obama regime ignored requests for more security in Libya before the consulate attack–so do I

October 2, 2012

Darrell Issa and Jason Chaffetz (the Chairman on the subcommittee on national security) want answers about the terrorist attack on the American consulate in Libya and today they sent a letter to Hillary Clinton asking why Chris Stevens’ request for more security was ignored.

Based on information provided to the Committee by individuals with direct knowledge of events in Libya, the attack that claimed the ambassador’s life was the latest in a long line of attacks on Western diplomats and officials in Libya in the months leading up to September 11, 2012. It was clearly never, as Administration officials once insisted, the result of a popular protest,” the committee’s chairman, Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., and subcommittee chairman, Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, write. “In addition, multiple U.S. federal government officials have confirmed to the Committee that, prior to the September 11 attack, the U.S. mission in Libya made repeated requests for increased security in Benghazi. The mission in Libya, however, was denied these resources by officials in Washington.

If it is true that US officials in Libya made repeated requests for more security and were denied in Washington that is pretty damning and downright unforgivable and indefensible.

The letter goes on to list several incidents (13 to be exact) leading up to the fatal attack which should have put the Obama regime on notice that our diplomats were in danger and should have been given the extra security they had longed for and almost begged for. Perhaps if Barack Obama had attended his security briefins he would have known about these incidents, or perhaps he did know about them and did nothing to protect Chris Stevens. I ask you which is worse?

The House Oversight Committee has now scheduled a hearing on this attack for October 10th and I hope we get to the bottom of this, but if Fast and Furious is any indication Barack Obama will just seal up any documents which show where the breakdown occurred–at his feet.

1. October 2, 2012 8:52 pm

This administration never fails to disgust me. My guess is the wagons have already been circled and we are likely to learn very little. This, of course, would never have happened on the Bush watch; but, if it had, the media would be crucifying him. Obama can get away with anything!

• Concerned US Citizen permalink
      October 2, 2012 9:36 pm

Ummmm…how about the 3,000 that died on Bush’s watch?
      Why were those clear warnings were ignored by the Bush Administration?

Oh…and not to mention the thousands that died in a war over “weapons of mass destruction.”

Get a grip and look at both sides of the coin.

• October 2, 2012 9:48 pm

So true Jim, the media would have hung Bush for this but Obama gets a free pass.

October 3, 2012 8:31 am

Cya, jim. They are experts at this. However, all it will take is person that feels guilty about this to bring them down.

• October 3, 2012 7:05 pm

I hope they find that person, but nobody came forward during Fast and Furious so I am not holding my breath.

2. Georgia Peach permalink
    October 2, 2012 11:37 pm

This is one of the reasons :

“Almost entirely missing from the debate surrounding the anti-U.S. attacks in Libya is the administration’s policy of arming jihadists to overthrow Mideast governments. But in the case of Libya, the arming of jihadists may have directly resulted in the Sept. 11, 2012, attacks against the U.S. consulate in Benghazi and the subsequent murder of Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, Foreign Service Information Management Officer Sean Smith, private security employees and former U.S. Navy SEALs Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods.”

• October 3, 2012 5:56 am

I have heard this theory before and I think it is quite likely that we might have actually armed the people who attacked our consulate on September 11th and that is what the Obama regime is really trying to hide.

3. Georgia Peach permalink
    October 2, 2012 11:44 pm

This could also be part of the reason:
    “U.S. authorities now suspect that the 9/11/12 attacks were orchestrated by at least one Islamist extremist who escaped jail during the Arab Spring protests in Egypt.”

Sending additional security would mean having to admit that there was a problem, and the administration did not want anyone looking too closely at why there was a problem.

• October 3, 2012 5:57 am

I started a post on this story last night but I didn’t finish it, it should be up later on today.

4. MTBirkmire permalink
    October 3, 2012 9:51 am

is hillary clinton too timing obama? did hillary deliberately let this happen to make obama look bad for re election or did she just not care what happened to her hand picked democratic Ambassador? This reminds of another man many years ago that supposedly committed suicide that was involved with hillary but I can’t remember his name.

• October 3, 2012 7:06 pm

I wouldn’t be surprised if she was working against him here, she still holds a grudge over 2008 in my opinion.

October 5, 2012 9:07 am

Vince foster?

• October 6, 2012 7:56 am

Seems possible!

• MTBirkmire permalink
        October 6, 2012 10:08 am

Yes, Vince Foster, that was his name. Thank You.Just in case the wordpress stops me again from sending more than just one message, I’ve been encountering problems sending my comments. I tried several times but wordpress kept telling me it was the same message.

5. MTBirkmire permalink
    October 3, 2012 10:37 am

http://www.kfyi.com. http://www.azcentral.com. http://www.azfamily.com. http://www.myfoxphoenix.com. These are some of the websites reporting the killing of another border patrol agent. Sorry for not sending it sooner.This killing was in Cochise county where a Sheriff Dever was allegedly killed in a rollover accident in Williams,Az.last week while speeding.

• October 3, 2012 7:06 pm

The multiple links in your comment got you caught in my spam filter, I apologize and say thank you for the links.

6. MTBirkmire permalink
    October 6, 2012 10:09 am

i thought I lost this message, sorry.

• October 7, 2012 7:43 am

No problem at all, I try to check the spam folder everyday because every once in awhile someone gets caught in there that shouldn’t have.

1. Email confirms the State Department ignored security request before the attack on the American consulate in Libya « America's Watchtower
  2. The Obama regime pulled security forces out of Libya even as Chris Stevens was asking for increased security before the September 11th attack « America's Watchtower