Open thread for Sunday, April 21st: People are People

April 21, 2013

Here is the open thread for Sunday, April 21st; please feel free to post links to interesting articles and to discuss whatever issues arise during the course of the day. Nothing is off-topic here.

You may follow America’s Watchtower on Facebook and Twitter by clicking on the links to the right and you can also subscribe to America’s Watchtower to receive email updates.

If you are fed up with the two party system in Washington and think it is time for a change click on the The New Federalist Party button on the right and check it out.

Our hearts, thoughts, and prayers go out to all of the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing and their families. We can never understand the mentality of a person or people who are willing to kill so many innocent people for no reason.

Here is Depeche Mode performing ‘People are People’ from 1986

1. Bruce permalink
    April 21, 2013 2:07 pm

It is very hard to make sense of this week. The left will not accept that there is evil in this world, and the bombing was pure evil. But how to respond? Already some politician has said we don’t need pressure cookers in this country. Leave it to the left to focus on the method, and not the problem.
    It is very sad in deed that my first thought was that I sure hope it wasn’t some right wing white male who did this, so that these murders, and they are murders, wouldn’t give the left anything to use in their never ending effort to “fundamentally transform” America.

• April 21, 2013 6:42 pm

I hear you there Bruce, the MSM so desperately wanted to pin this on the right, but I never once thought this was the work of the Tea Party because it simply is not the way they operate.

April 21, 2013 6:28 pm

Bruce, your first thought was probably what most of us were thinking….I know the media was hoping for that. As for pressure cookers, how stupid does that sound? What about those that actually CAN??? Are they going to be under suspicion now? Better let Grandma know about this! This country has gone on a downward spiral since Obama took office, I do not see it getting any better as long as he is in office. The right is about as bad as the left now, minus a few good “electeds” that we have been able to slip in. There are a couple, McCain and Graham, that I would love to see voted out of office as soon as possible, they are doing us no favors. Never, in my 59 years, have I seen soon much chaos and scare tactics being used to get what they want….guess they think we scare easily???? Well, I know a few that do, but I think on the whole, most in this country are getting tired of constant turmoil being shoved at us on a daily basis. At some point, it stops having the effect that this Administration wants and is just starting to piss us off. That is not a good attitude to have when someone is trying to tell you what to do, things don’t always work out so well for the one that is pushing! America needs to be left alone, it has done quite well for itself over the years, without the help of the Nanny state.

• April 21, 2013 6:45 pm

While the MSM had hoped that this was an attack by the Tea Party in my heart I always knew what it was because the Tea Party is non-violent no matter what the MSM tries to tell the American people.
      You are right about this regime, this has to be the most purposely divisive administration since the Lincoln administration.I do not recall ever seeing a president trying to scare us into submission they way the Obama regime has.

• Bruce permalink
      April 21, 2013 10:16 pm

So discouraging. I so want to ask a leftie if they every get tired of the daily lectures and having him show up at every damn event he can insert himself into. I hate Obama on so many levels, buy you have to say he has been a whizzard in manipulating the media.

• April 22, 2013 5:32 am

He has been, but the media had been more than willing to be manipulated by Obama.

April 22, 2013 8:51 am

I read that the Koch brothers are contemplating buying up some of the print media (Times), that might change how the journalists are reporting, just a bit. We all know how much the media has supported and covered for this Administration. Maybe things are about to change in the right direction, time will tell.

• April 22, 2013 6:56 pm

I hope this happens Lou just because it will drive the liberals crazy!

3. Bruce permalink
    April 22, 2013 2:10 pm

Insult has now been added to injury. According to last nights news, the Muslims are now saying they are victims, worrying about a possible backlash. I agree that the Tea Party would never engage in such a thing, but remember the Gifford shooting when some media A-hole who found someone with a SIMILAR name who once ATTENDED a Tea Party meeting felt that needed to be reported.
    Lou, let’s hope someone will offer additional fair and balanced reporting.

• April 22, 2013 6:57 pm

Here we go again! Claiming the perpetrators are victims of some kind, when will this stop?!