Harry Reid to Nevada cattle rancher: “it’s not over”

April 14, 2014

I have not weighed in on the story of Clive Bundy, the Nevada cattle rancher who was under siege by the BLM, because there are simply too many grey areas in this story.

However, I did find it interesting that the Feds backed down shortly after it was reported that Harry Reid’s fingerprints might be all over this due to a sweetheart land deal his son, Rory, has with China to build solar panels. This news was broken by InfoWars so again I did not feel comfortable writing about it–InfoWars is not a site I ever use at America’s Watchtower.

However, this reminded me of a story I wrote back on September 4th of 2012 about this sweetheart land deal which can be read here. Here is part of what I wrote in that post:

ENN is a Chinese based solar panel plant which is looking to build a $5 billion plant in, you guessed it, Nevada. Clark County officials approved the purchase of land in Nevada for the sum of $4.5 million even though the land was valued at almost $40 million.

Harry Reid then pressured NV Energy, the largest power company in Nevada, to become ENN’s first customer. Did he do this to ensure the company would be able to build in his state, or is there some other reason Harry Reid took such a vested interest in the company?

The latter seems to be the case in this instance. Sure, the company might be a boon to his state, and after all Senators are supposed to act in the best interests of their states, but it just so happens to be that Harry Reid’s son is a major player in ENN–he is the primary representative for the green energy company and he personally went to China to woo the company to Nevada. What a coincidence!

The first thing I did when I revisited that post was to check the county to see if it was the same county where Clive Bundy has his ranch and indeed it is. I find that to be quite interesting.

Now Harry Reid has finally gone on record about this issue, warning Clive Bundy that this “is not over.” And indeed it is not over because the Feds are now looking at pursuing their case judicially. This of course is how this should have been pursued all along and I still question why the Feds felt it necessary to surround the family in the first place when they still had the option available to them to use the courts unless it was a blatant attempt at intimidation or there was something even more nefarious at play here.

Harry Reid could simply be stating the obvious; this is going to go through the courts so it is not over, but still part of me wonders about this whole land deal and whether or not it really did play a role in the BLM’s decision to surround the ranch in the first place.

1. Bruce permalink
    April 14, 2014 7:28 pm

Boy Steve, this is one I just can’t get a handle on. Nobody hates big government than I do, but permits and fees are a fact of life. If what the feds say is true (more doubtful under this administration every day) Bundy is wrong. But with Dingy Harry involved, the truth will be as murky as what happens in Nevada’s area 51. Obama sure doesn’t want a Waco with elections coming up, but the left would like nothing more than showing a “right wing extremest” thumbing his nose at the first black president.

• April 14, 2014 7:48 pm

I could not agree more! While I would like to defend Bundy, if he broke the law it is indefensible. However we know we cannot trust this regime, and the Feds backing down so quickly coupled with the possible involvement of Reid makes you wonder if there is more to this story. Lots of grey areas here!

• Bruce permalink
      April 14, 2014 10:47 pm

Eh, yea. Kind of a problem with that. According to a conservative land use lawyer on the Prager radio show today, the feds truly do own that land, for right or wrong. There is a belief it should have been turned over to the state long ago, but he said in the newer states out west, that didn’t always happen. I would be happy to pay my federal income tax to someone else but the feds tomorrow, but Wesley Snipes and others have found out how that works out.

• April 15, 2014 5:35 am

I saw a headline where Hannity claimed it was state land but that is the only place i saw this. I have seen the map of the west where it shows how much land the Feds own and it is unbelievable.

2. April 14, 2014 7:39 pm

Reblogged this on Brittius.com.

3. April 14, 2014 7:59 pm

As much as I empathize with Mr. Bundy and as much as I hate the Gestapo tatics used by our government, Mr. Bundy put his ranch at risk when he decided unilaterally to stop paying his BLM rents. Maybe he couldn’t afford to take legal action against the BLM and that’s a tragedy.

No doubt Harry’s son used daddy’s influence to make himself a big bonus from the Chinese company. But, I doubt the land that Clark County is planning to sell to ENN could be BLM land, could it?

• April 14, 2014 10:39 pm

The plan is for vast solar and wind set asides over millions of acres. There are no ranchers left but him. A million bucks for grazing fees and they are turning it over to solar? Unfortunately he is not the poster man for this issue, but the bigger issue needs to be addressed and I figured I would take the ride after hours of research on primary sources. There is little doubt that the take down took place as soon as Reid’s henchman got confirmed a couple of weeks ago. I could be wrong on this, but heck, I’m bunkerville! 🙂

• April 15, 2014 5:38 am

Yeah Jim, it is hard to defend somebody who knowingly broke the law but yes it sure does look like Harry Reid has a vested interest in this story. And it is interesting that he kept quiet until after the Feds left and then basically said “we’ll be back.”

4. April 14, 2014 8:40 pm

I felt the same way and held off for a while. With Alex jones I find he may have links to original sources, and in this case I had BLM sources. Otherwise I wouldn’t trust him. But he was one of the few that was on the ground. Even fox abandoned the story.
    reading more, I found many in other states have already leases and still must pay BLM grazings fees in the millions. And they are no longer fair arbiters. They have their agenda,

• Ronda permalink
      April 14, 2014 11:00 pm

I guess you haven’t been watching FOX because this is the lead story on most of their shows. FOX didn’t abandon this story. If FOX had abandoned the story then we wouldn’t know that the Feds left and are returning the cattle and monies for the cattle killed by the round up and the destruction of The Bundy’s property. FOX is the only one covering this story.
      Also, the Feds say Bundy owes $1 Million dollars in grazing fees, being that they paid the company to round up the cattle over $900,000. And one can only imagine the cost of the feds with regards to man power. Which will probably be over $1 million dollars, so the Feds spend twice the amount they are claiming Bundy owes.
      If only they put this much man power and taxpayer money into protecting our borders we wouldn’t have hundreds of thousands illegals crossing our borders.

• April 14, 2014 11:12 pm

The bloggers were far ahead of fox over the weekend, and did not cover the dangerous showdown at the end, and just now acknowledge it. The fees are an issue that clouds the bigger issue of the BLM. Wander over to my blog for a couple of posts that outline, and confirmed by senator Demint, that the intention is to not just mange their millions of acres, but set aside over half of what they control for zip or solar or whatever they deem fit.

• April 15, 2014 5:44 am

Yeah, he was right on the money with this one. I had the Rory Reid story in 2012 and I never made the connection until he did. Utah is going to be the next site to pay attention to.

5. April 14, 2014 10:59 pm

The question, in EVERY situation, is does the federal government have the Constitutional authority to do what they are doing?

Article I Section 8:
    “To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;”

The federal government may PURCHASE from the states land to erect FORTS, MAGAZINES, ARSENALS, DOCK-YARDS, and other NEEDFUL buildings.

So, the answer is NO! A resounding NO! The feds are, once again, going beyond their Constitutional authority. IF we are going to rein in their overreach, this is exactly what it will take. A citizen saying NO, saying you DON’T have the authority to do this, saying I won’t comply. Saying, not only will I not comply, I will ACTIVELY FIGHT you to keep you from doing this. How do you think we are going to effect the very vital, crucial, needed changes in the way the feds operate? Individuals and states telling the feds NO. Telling them we won’t comply, we will fight you, we will nullify your unconstitutional actions.

• April 15, 2014 12:03 am

And that’s the plan, little by little, mile by mile, freedom by freedom. Like some of the cowboys stated ‘it’s more our liberties and stripping away Constitutional rights, than the cattle.’ Here’s the Bundy’s blog if you’re interested: bundyranch.blogspot.com
      Wayne Hage is another one http://watchdog.org/56194/nv-wayne-hage-and-the-rout-of-property-rights-an-american-tragedy/
      And we all know if Reid’s and his son are involved it’s crooked. More is to come it might be why the DHS acquired all that ammo – to think you could be shot and killed by you own tax money.

• April 15, 2014 5:48 am

Yes, we cannot forget about that ammo, can we. Hollow point bullets are not allowed in war, and nobody uses them for target practice.

• April 15, 2014 5:47 am

And this time people actually showed up to defend Bundy! That was good to see, but I find it hard to believe this is why the Feds backed down. More likely Reid called off the dogs because he was afraid it was going to hurt him politically.

6. MaddMedic permalink
    April 15, 2014 12:00 am

Reblogged this on Freedom Is Just Another Word….

7. Petermc3 permalink
    April 15, 2014 8:58 am

Nevada has become Reid’s own private fiefdom and he will remain lord of the manor until he assumes room temperature. As with the problem of the overreaching federal government the only solution may be civil war. It’s fine to cite laws, laws legislated by buffoons at the local, state and federal level but the law does not equate justice any more than justice equates the law.
    So then, are cattle ranchers to go the way of the buggy whip to make way for the manufacture of asbestos laden solar panels? Why not we already have Chinese lightbulbs containing mercury in the name of environmental protection. What’s next produce grown in China where human fecal matter is used for fertilizer? Oh snap, we already have that. It appears that both parties can work together.After all …it’s for the children.

• April 15, 2014 1:24 pm

It breaks my heart, it wounds my soul, to even think that it might come to armed conflict. It’s not only because of government overreach, our economy is teetering on the edge. When the collapse comes, it will be GLOBAL. What the heck do we do then?

• April 15, 2014 6:21 pm

There is not much we can do at that point except fend for ourselves, let’s hope it never gets that far!