Benghazi: Did the State Department change the classification of the consulate to avoid adding security?

September 18, 2014

HRChissyToday a former Homeland Security official, Todd Keil, testified in front of the Select Committee which is investigating the terrorist attack in Benghazi which left Chris Stevens, Glen Doherty, Sean Smith, and Tyrone Woods dead and he had a very interesting revelation which we had not heard before.

It has been widely reported that Chris Stevens was basically begging for more security in Benghazi and for some reason these requests were ignored. However if Todd Keil is telling the truth it appears as if not only were the requests ignored, but the classification of the consulate was changed in order to avoid sending more security to the consulate.

Here is more:

During Wednesday’s House Select Committee on Benghazi testimony, one witness dropped a major revelation.

The bombshell came during discussion of just what the facility in Benghazi, Libya actually was. Was it a consulate? Was it something else? Its actual status has never been clear.

Former Homeland Security official Todd Keil told the panel that the the State Department classified it as a “Special Mission Compound.”

Under questioning from Rep. Peter Roskam (R-IL), Keil revealed something startling about “Special Mission Compounds.”

Namely, that according to the State Department and government security nomenclature, there is no such thing as a “Special Mission Compound.”

The classification of the consulate was changed to a term which does not even exist, but why? Here is what Todd Keil believes is the reason:

To be honest, from our review, Under Secretary Kennedy, in authorizing that, made up that term in order to avoid the OSPB security standards.”

So, if this is accurate, while Chris Stevens was begging for more security the State Department, under Hillary Clinton, was taking actions to avoid sending security. But why? Could it be that Chris Stevens was getting too close to what the CIA was doing over there…

1. September 18, 2014 9:29 pm

Reblogged this on BLOGGING BAD w/Gunny G ~ "CLINGERS of AMERICA!".

2. September 18, 2014 10:43 pm

After all this time, we are still only able to speculate. My speculation is that Hillary and the CIA (Brenen?) were running a covert gun running operation and Stevens was their point man. I think the security requests were denied because that didn’t want to draw too much attention to their activities. The trouble with “secret ops” is they can leagally hide the truth from us.

September 19, 2014 5:21 am

They can also do whatever the hell they want to do or say what they want to say. When, in front of a committee, they can flat out lie and deceive the American people and there is no penalty, what would we expect them to do? They are above the law and they know it. I do not expect much to come from the questioning. I have to wonder while we are focusing on the hearings, what is being done behind the scenes? Call me skeptical!!!!

• September 19, 2014 5:43 am

You are skeptical but for good reason, in my opinion these are all show trials designed to placate the Republican base. Nothing meaningful will come from this in the end.

• September 19, 2014 5:41 am

Jim, I think there was a gun running operation there and that is what this was all about. However I still cannot decide if Stevens was the point man in the operation or if he discovered what was going on.

September 19, 2014 7:47 am

I kind of have a feeling he did not know or why would he have kept requesting more security? I could be totally off base, but I know how this Administration seems to never tells the truth and will change stories as they see fit. In the end IF they get caught it will be Ambassador Stevens fault and he had planned the whole thing. I know that sounds stupid, but I could see it happening. For added icing they could also try and make Smith, Woods and Doherty guilty, as well. I so dislike this Administration.