Latest New Hampshire poll (10/14/14) shows Scott Brown with a one point lead over Jeanne Shaheen

October 15, 2014

The latest New Hampshire poll  is out and it shows Scott Brown leading Jeanne Shaheen by one point. Here is more:

For the third straight week, New England College’s poll of the U.S. Senate race shows a race too close to call – but for the first time, Republican Scott Brown leads Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, if only by just more than a single percentage point.

Brown’s 48 to 46.9 percent lead was the top talking point of the poll released Tuesday evening

Late last month a poll was released which showed Scott Brown ahead of Jeanne Shaheen by four points, however that poll was done by a Republican polling firm so it might have been a bit skewed.

This looks to be an interesting few weeks heading into next month’s election and right now it looks as if all the races in New Hampshire are trending toward the Republicans. Marilinda Garcia is closing the gap on Anne Kuster, as is Walt Havenstein in the governor’s race, and Frank Guinta has pulled ahead of Carol Shea-Porter.

October 15, 2014 7:36 am

I will start the thread off by saying that I hope things are starting to take shape for a BIG win for the Republicans in both House and Senate! I will pass along the good news I have, as well! My brother, who is a life long Democrat, yesterday said he will never vote straight Democrat ticket again. He is so disgusted with Obama and what he has been doing, he said that had he known this back when he was a candidate, he would never have voted for him. If this can happen, there is hope for others to have a change of heart, as well!

• October 15, 2014 7:18 pm

That is great news Lou! You have to believe he is not alone and I wonder how many people who still claim to support Obama in public privately realize they made a mistake and will vote Republican in this election while keeping their true intentions hidden because they do not want to tell people they made a mistake.

2. Petermc3 permalink
    October 15, 2014 9:21 am

Never underestimate the blissful ignorance of the American electorate. Besides there is ample time for the rovepublicans to hand over the elections on a silver platter.

• October 15, 2014 7:20 pm

I try not to underestimate the ignorance of the American people but it will play a role and yes, I do think the Republicans will find a way to screw this up.

3. Bruce permalink
    October 15, 2014 12:47 pm

Let’s hope you are right Lou, I will keep my fingers crossed. Steve, do the good people of the “Live free or die state” realize this has more to do with Harry Reid, and less to do with Brown?

• October 15, 2014 7:22 pm

I don’t know the answer Bruce but I can tell you I have been grappling with the notion of not voting for Brown. I did not vote for him in the primary but when you look at the bigger picture it is going to be hard for me to justify not voting for him in a few weeks. I do not like him but he would still be slightly better than Shaheen.

4. October 15, 2014 4:21 pm

Just perhaps the Ebola screw up maybe got the electorates attention.

• October 15, 2014 7:23 pm

I think more than anything else it is possible the Ebola screw up has made people realize Obama doesn’t know what the hell he is doing.

5. Petermc3 permalink
    October 15, 2014 9:12 pm

Au contrair, mon ami. While the American voters will once again prove they don’t know what the hell they are doing President Obola knows exactly what he is doing.

6. babumjane permalink
    October 16, 2014 10:52 am

you are so right he is the most devious, cunning conniving socialist to be in American politics ever. He knows exactly what he is doing, he cares less about who is running and more about how much he can change our country to socialism while he runs out his term. That has always been his main objective and with the kool aid drinking media on his side his has gotten most of it done.