The CDC claims the flu is at the epidemic threshold

December 29, 2014

According to this story the CDC has stated that the flu is at the epidemic threshold. Here is more:

the CDC says the U.S. has hit the flu epidemic threshold nationwide.

According to the CDC, the proportion of deaths reported in 122 U.S. cities from pneumonia and influenza surpassed the seasonal baseline and currently stands at the epidemic threshold of 6.8 percent. The number of states reporting high flu activity has also increased from 13 to 22.

The World Health Organization defines the epidemic threshold thusly:

the critical number or density of susceptible hosts required for an epidemic to occur. The epidemic threshold is used to confirm the emergence of an epidemic so as to step-up appropriate control measures

According to the definition, and by the CDC’s admission, we could be on the verge of a flu epidemic. This news comes on the heels of the CDC’s admission that this year’s flu vaccine might not be adequate for the strains we are seeing this flu season:

Flu vaccines may not adequately protect recipients from some of this flu season’s most common viral strains, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced Thursday.

A variety of flu strains can crop up during any given flu season, so vaccines are not inherently “one-shot-fits-all” in terms of protection. The CDC believes this year’s round of flu shots could be relatively ineffective against the types of flu seen so far this flu season, according to The Associated Press.

“One thing to understand about flu, always, is that it is unpredictable. Every season is different, with different flu viruses spreading and causing illness,” CDC Director Dr. Tom Frieden said in a phone conference Thursday. “Unfortunately, about half of the H3N2 viruses that we’ve analyzed this season are different from the H3N2 virus that’s included in this year’s flu vaccine. They’re different enough that we’re concerned that protection from H3N2 viruses may be lower than we usually see.”

And yet do you see any sign that anyone is “stepping-up appropriate control measures?” I do not! During the 2004 campaign the Bush regime came under fire for a shortage of flu vaccines:

Mr. Bush spoke as the flu vaccine shortage moved to center stage in the campaign and as his secretary of health and human services, Tommy G. Thompson, said that Aventis Pasteur, the only company approved this year to sell flu vaccines, would be able to make the extra doses of flu vaccines available so the total would be about 58 million doses in all.

That figure is still just 60 percent of the expected demand this year for flu vaccine, but Mr. Thompson said at a news conference that those doses combined with stocks of anti-flu drugs would be enough to keep Americans safe.

John Kerry jumped on this as proof that the Bush regime could not keep Americans safe, from either the flu or from bioterrorism:

Democrats have seized on the vaccine shortage to accuse the administration of being unable to protect Americans – from either illness or terrorism. “If you can’t get flu vaccines to Americans, how are you going to protect them against bioterrorism?” Senator John Kerry, the Democratic presidential candidate, asked in an interview with National Public Radio. “If you can’t get flu vaccines to Americans, what kind of health care program are you running?”

Some would argue that because there are enough flu vaccines to go around that these two issues are not comparable but I would beg to differ. I would argue that if the flu vaccines were adequate we would not be at the epidemic threshold.

Sure there are enough vaccines for the American people but what difference at this point does it matter if the vaccines which are provided do not adequately protect the American people?

To quote John Kerry, “what kind of health care program are you running?” Yet this is a non-issue…

1. December 29, 2014 9:49 pm

Twice in my life I’ve gotten a flu vaccine. Both times I got the flu anyway. So, for me, when I get the flu, it’s aspirin, herbal tea, lots of vitamin C, and bed rest.

December 30, 2014 6:14 am

I got the shot once and got the flu that year, go figure! I use Vicks and Yogi Throat Comfort tea along with alot of supplements and seems to work for me. Bed rest is pretty much the order to get thru it. We use a Meta C, I believe it is.I will NOT take a flu shot again. My son was sick over the Christmas holiday and we were there so guess what I brought home with me? Yep, stuffed up head, sneezing and watery eyes and coughing, so guess it will be that tea first and go from there. This is why I am up on the computer at 4am, stopped up.

• December 30, 2014 6:41 am

I have never had the flu shot and I have never had the flu. I hope I didn’t just jinx myself…

2. December 30, 2014 2:33 am

Truth Stream Media has done a number of articles and vids about this subject, warning people about the health hazards of these vaccines:http://truthstreammedia.com/show-how-much-you-care-with-a-flu-shot-gift-card/
    Or Natural News: Flu vaccine contains 25,000 times more mercury than is legally allowed in drinking water
    ‘2012-13 Healthcare worker flu vaccine review: A concern for us all’
    ‘FDA bad-mouths natural flu remedies, tries to trick consumers into getting flu vaccine instead’
    High mercury connected to memory lost … hummm.

• December 30, 2014 6:43 am

I have heard that about the mercury before, we have no idea what we are letting them put in our bodies!

December 30, 2014 6:17 am

Zip, when I read there was “frog dna” in the shots, I decided I would take a pass. The Mercury level should be a concern, but if the CDC tells people it is NOT, then they believe them. Now they are giving shots to pregnant women and awhile ago, that was not the case. The “senior” dose is 4 times the potency as the adult dose, now WHY is that? Will it kill us off just a bit faster? Call me cynical, but I don’t trust the CDC.

• December 30, 2014 6:44 am

Frog DNA?! I didn’t know that but now I am really glad id didn’t get the shot.

• Zip-a-Dee permalink
      December 30, 2014 1:44 pm

‘A hopping good time for all!’ I hadn’t heard of that.
      “THIS is why the medical cartel is at war with natural health, which does have answers for building immune systems. THIS is why the FDA, a rogue criminal agency, is relentlessly attacking nutritional supplements, which can improve immune function. THIS is why the Codex group is making war against natural health. THIS is why WHO and the CDC must continue to invent and promote fake pandemics “caused by germs.” THEY ARE DEFENDING THEIR TURF BY ALL MEANS AVAILABLE.”
      (REAL Supplements that are sold by reliable Health Vit & Herb Companies – not the ones that are sold at Walmart etc, which haven’t been proven a waste of money & ineffective.)

December 30, 2014 2:22 pm

ZIP, this is why they do not want us to “self medicate”, we might do a better job than they do. They are doing so much GMO shit, that who know what we are eating. We are eating things that have less and less nutrients in them and more and more chemicals and pesticides and anti-biotics in them. They go after the Amish for treating with silver and eating healthy food and dairy, but don’t you dare sell it to anyone, it might be unhealthy…give me a break, they know what they are doing. Maybe we should take some lessons on what is working for them and cut all the healthy government shit out of our lives. They do not want us to have Heirloom plants and they store seeds in underground vaults for later use, while we get plants for gardens that will not come up next year or have seeds you can save for the following year. They are trying to regulate vitamins and minerals to where you will have to have a prescription to get them from the doctor. Now tell me how they have our best interest at heart? They are slowing killing us and/or making us unhealthy and leaving us no way of taking care of ourselves. Yep, that is the plan. People need to read up on the Codex alimentarius “conspiracy” and see what they feel after reading about it. Seems that all these conspiracy nuts are maybe onto something, hmmmmm?

• December 30, 2014 8:22 pm

On a personal note my company builds control systems for big pharma, as well as other systems, so I am caught in this web!

• Zip-a-Dee permalink
        December 30, 2014 11:18 pm

It would be nice and healthier for all of us if their platform was based on ethics and morality rather than greed, etc. But, like anything good, with time perverted souls will find a way to mess it up – sociopaths. Probably very few biz’s aren’t connected to the Agenda – unknowingly.

4. December 30, 2014 9:06 am

Sadly thousands of people die each year of the flu. I know there is a backlash against vaccines, but if you know of someone who died from it, it takes a different look. By the way, there was a vaccine available to those over 65 that covered more strains but how many even knew about it? Thanks CDC. P.S. The hospitals are thrilled that it will be a great flu season. I will put on my tin foil and connect the dots.

• Zip-a-Dee permalink
      December 30, 2014 1:32 pm

It’s difficult to know who to trust isn’t it Bunker. If the CDC is akin to BLS, whose unemployment numbers don’t match reality, that motivates a person to look into alternative medicine and remedies, just as we look to alternative news. We’re beginning to realize that labels may not include all ingredients – or like wheat products, disclose they are GMO or sprayed w/ RoundUp, which is causing health problems too – so why would an arm of the Agenda present such incriminating facts? Herbal remedies have been used for centuries and documented results. The variety of strain viruses make a vaccine helpful or null, depending what it was designed to combat. Use to be we could trust what vaccines we were given 40 yrs or so ago. Today …? http://www.naturalnews.com/flu_shot.html

• December 30, 2014 1:47 pm

I understand the concern. Having almost died myself and ended up in the Hospital for two weeks, I will side with the vaccine. For healthy people they will get through fine. We forget that measles, mumps, chicken pox, polio were scourges that maimed and killed. Most kids got through it, but thousands were left damaged.

• Zip-a-Dee permalink
        December 30, 2014 3:20 pm

Sorry to hear that Bunker. It would be comforting to have a reliable/trustworthy private med group that provides the right vaccine for the particular flu strain. Meanwhile:
        * ‘Vitamin D3 Ignore D2. It’s toxic. And don’t trust pharmacy store vitamin D. Vitamin D3 is a pre-hormone that kick starts your immune system if you have enough in your blood stream.’
        *Astragalus is an ancient herb used in Ayurvedic (India) and Chinese medicine as an adaptogenic tonic. (builds up the immunity system)
        *Echinacea is used worldwide to help build up the immune system (teas)
        *Ginger is another of natures’ antiviral herbs. It contains nearly a dozen antiviral compounds. Ginger is pain relieving, antiseptic and antioxidant.
        *The Romans also acknowledged garlic’s strengthening powers and fed it to their soldiers before battle. Garlic has anti-bacterial properties that help the immune system to fight infection, it is an excellent boost to the immune system.
        More: http://www.holisticonline.com/remedies/flu/cold_herbal-remedies-for-cold.htm

December 30, 2014 3:59 pm

Zip, you sound like me when it comes to what to take!

December 30, 2014 4:00 pm

You might want to read up on Royal Rife and the Rife machine, as well.

December 31, 2014 7:01 am

Sorry you had such problems with the flu, Bunker! Hopefully this will be a “flu free” season for you and your family.

• December 30, 2014 8:25 pm

Very true Bunkerville, it is easy when you have not had the flu or know somebody who died from it to revolt against them. I can understand why you would get the shot after what you have been through.