Skip to content

Obamacare: 800,000 people received incorrect tax forms from Health and Human Services

February 20, 2015

 It is now tax season and as people begin to prepare to file their tax returns those who have signed up for Obamacare, and who have received subsidies, received a new tax form from the Department of Health and Human Services. Unfortunately 800,000 people (20% of those who signed up) received incorrect tax forms from HHS.

  Here is more:

About 800,000 people received tax forms with incorrect information about their Obamacare coverage, officials from the Health and Human Services Department said Friday.

The errors occurred on a new form that helps Obamacare enrollees figure out whether they qualify for a subsidy that would pay all or part of their premiums, and how big that subsidy should be. Information used to calculate those subsidies was wrong on about 20 percent of tax forms, HHS officials said. The errors would cause some taxpayers to claim too large a subsidy and others to claim less than they’re actually eligible for.

 obamacare-logo_full Because only 50,00 of the 800,000 people who received these erroneous tax documents have filed their taxes the Department of Health and Human Services seems to feel this is no big deal because it can easily be corrected once the new tax forms are sent out. Move along, nothing to see here…

Ask those who are affected by this if it is a  big deal or not. Ask those who have already filed their tax returns if they feel this is a big deal. 

  But that is not the point. The point is that this is what we can expect when a big government bureaucracy is tasked with the takeover of something as great as the issue of healthcare. The problem only gets worse and this is just another example. 

Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

6 Comments leave one →
  1. February 20, 2015 8:41 pm

    And these are the same people who really want to give us universal health care. Can you imagine how bad they would screw that up?

    Liked by 1 person

  2. lou222 permalink
    February 21, 2015 10:54 am

    I am curious as to what we will have to claim for our insurance coverage on the taxes this year. Have done our own up til now, but will have to take them to an accountant this year with much more in the way of rentals. I am not sure what to even take with us to PROVE we have coverage. I know they are trying to move the date a few months so as not to piss people off. If they did not move the proof of insurance, there would be alot of money on the tax returns that would be taken for penalties. I know alot of friends that count on that money, as “free” money to spend on something they would not ordinarily buy. I have tried to tell them if they did an adjustment thru out the year, they would have that money to spend and the government would not….goes in one ear and out the other. It is THEIR money the government has used all year, but they do not seem to get that, they also did not get any interest paid while the government used it. There is no such thing as “FREE” money for those of us that work and pay taxes!

    Liked by 2 people

    • February 21, 2015 4:02 pm

      That is a good question Lou, I don’t know what we are supposed to use to prove we have coverage either. I am thinking we will just have to check of a box “under penalty of perjury” stating that we do have insurance. I think that is the way it works in Massachusetts with Romneycare but I am not sure.

      Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: