Republican debate open thread

December 15, 2015

Well I just could not find anything I felt like writing about tonight so I have decided to post a debate night open thread. Feel free to comment on the debate as it happens. What did you like? What is frustrating you about the debate? How are the CNN moderators? To be honest I am not expecting too much tonight, but I will almost guarantee you the moderators will do their best to get the candidates fighting with each other rather than focusing on the issues.

I probably will not be live blogging the event but if anything strikes me tonight during the debate I will try to post it here tomorrow morning.

debate

1. Bruce permalink
    December 15, 2015 11:13 pm

I’ve been listing to the radio for a little while. Sounds like the Cruz/Rubio debate with the “animal house” gang in the audience. I really hate the audience, especially the Paul gang..

• December 16, 2015 6:34 am

I watched two hour of it before going to bed, I don’t think any debate should be longer than that and that is all I could take. Paul did seem to have a fairly large amount of supporters there but I do like Rand Paul.

December 16, 2015 10:25 am

Sorry was not around to watch it. I will do some reading up on a few sites I trust and see what the consensus was, but if CNN did the questioning I doubt it was anything other than a “gotcha” moment. When will the Republicans learn you need to stop letting the liberals ask the questions? Probably never.

• December 16, 2015 7:53 pm

You would be right Lou, CNN was trying to get the candidates to attack each other. Many of the questions were so and so said this, is he wrong? And that was a clear attempt at dividing the Republicans, but with a few exceptions it did not work as finally the candidates focused on Obama and Hillary’s failed foreign policy.

December 17, 2015 9:10 am

Good to hear that. I have not had time to really read up on what happened. My mother-in-law, having had a massive stroke on Saturday, is now starting to swallow and will be able to eat, that was a major issue that we had, she did not want a feeding tube, per her directives. We have other hurdles to get past, but I am optimistic that she is fighting to stay alive! My husband has 5 siblings scattered around the country, so I am the designated “mass texter” to keep the updates going. I am heading back downs to Barnes-Jewish Hosp. shortly ( about a 2 1/2 hour drive if not during rush hour). i hope for good news this morning, again. They were going to move her to Acute Care late last night, so it is a step in the right direction. Rehab is what we are wanting to get to. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers for us, she is a good old gal and a great mother-in-law, want to keep her around a little longer!

• December 17, 2015 10:04 am

Lou, I’m so sorry to hear this!! Praying for her, you, and your family!!

• December 17, 2015 10:00 pm

I kind of figured you were busy taking care of the family Lou and I was going to email you tonight to see how she was doing. Real life gets in the way of what we do here every once in awhile and family is most important so don’t worry about not being here as often as usual.
        I am glad to hear that she is doing better and will live. I have been praying for her recovery and I have been praying for you, your husband, and your family asking God to give you guys the strength to get through this. I will be praying that she is able to recover and have a good quality of life when she comes home.

December 18, 2015 11:17 am

After talking with 5 doctors yesterday morning and going over her Medical Directives/Will, we have her in hospice. She did not want this and my husband will have to enforce her wishes, no matter what. No one wants to lose a parent, but I had to make that decision and do what my parents asked me to do, as well. There are 5 siblings and as you may guess, the opinions run the full range on what they want. But, I told them in the end it is what SHE wanted that we will follow, no matter how selfishly they want to keep her here. I am behind my husband on this, but he is crushed. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, it is always a difficult time to lose someone.

• December 18, 2015 11:28 am

Oh, Lou! My heart is hurting so badly for you, your husband, and family!!!

Love and prayers for you!

• Bruce permalink
        December 18, 2015 1:41 pm

A decision none of us wants to make, but so many of us has had to make. It is never easy.

• December 18, 2015 6:41 pm

Yes, Bruce, it’s heart-breaking.

• December 18, 2015 8:03 pm

I am so sorry to hear this news Lou, words cannot express it adequately. Your husband is making the right decision in following her wishes. It is understandable that the others might not want to follow her wishes but they must do what she wanted. In the end I hope they realize this and I will be praying that your family will come together on this and it will not divide everyone.

1. Republican debate open thread | Rifleman III Journal