December 27th open thread: This Corrosion

December 27, 2015

open-thread Here is the open thread for Sunday, December 27th. Please feel free to post links to interesting articles and to discuss whatever issues arise during the course of the day. Nothing is off-topic here.

If you include what amounted to two open threads this week we covered 12 stories, did you miss any of them? If so there is an easy way to make sure it does not happen again. I understand that all of you are busy and cannot always find the time to check the blog for updates so why not subscribe to America’s Watchtower and receive email updates whenever I write a new post? That is the easiest way to follow the blog to ensure you never miss another post.

In addition to subscribing you can also follow America’s Watchtower on Facebook and Twitter by clicking the links on the right. But you will get more than that for I often post links to articles I probably will not be writing about so it is a great way to keep up with what is happening.

The Twitter widget in the sidebar is fully interactive. This widget updates my tweets in real time and allows you to respond to or retweet my tweets right from the blog. It also allows you to tweet me right from America’s Watchtower. How cool is that! If you do not have a Twitter account what better reason do you need to sign up for one!

This week’s musical selection is Sisters of Mercy performing “This Corrosion” live in 1987.

frui diem

1. December 27, 2015 10:15 am

Hello,

Hope everything is ok for everyone here…Here well 4 more Jihadis on the loose, We should construct a Gitmo in Liechtenstein Not so funny, But out is so cold very cold, to fight islam is the cold you freeze them on the spot, save a few month before spring…but by then we will put them in cold truck they won’t see the difference, or should I say “Feel” The difference

The wheater warmer ?Soon we all gonna need those spatial suit to stand .. alive.

• December 27, 2015 6:29 pm

I like Depeche Mode but I had not heard that one, thanks for sharing.

December 27, 2015 6:48 pm

Hey SDL! Hope all is well! Have they any news of the 4 terrorists yet in your area?

2. December 27, 2015 4:18 pm

A bit long, but interesting and showing: fish dying, the new tech of facial/eye technology identification …hologram tech. What’s ‘OK’ in this world system and what isn’t.

Some comedy:
    GREATEST Movie Poker Scene Ever! Terence Hill And Bud Spencer Rocks!

• December 27, 2015 4:25 pm

Notice what Terence does w/ the cut deck (poker scene) 4:12!

• December 27, 2015 6:41 pm

What movie is that second video from? Interesting shuffling there and I wouldn’t have caught what he did with the cut if you didn’t mention it. I haven’t watched the entire first video yet but it troubles me that people are willing to submit to these types of scanners with no questions asked.

• December 27, 2015 7:02 pm

The movie series: ‘They Call Me Trinity’ ’70 you can watch it free here http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x21vexq_they-call-me-trinity-1970_shortfilms
        *The clip is from the 2nd movie ‘Trinity is Still My Name’. A interesting group! Mostly comedy.
        With the scanners – reminds me of ‘Minority Report’ with all the high tech eye scanning going on.

• December 27, 2015 7:20 pm

Thanks for the info and for the link!

December 27, 2015 6:46 pm

Ha, well, at least back then they had “open carry”, haha! Pretty funny clip!

• December 27, 2015 7:03 pm

Good point Lou! Yep, and that guy knew how to work it!

December 27, 2015 7:25 pm

Illinois is trying another “Gun Grab”, I get pretty tired of them pulling that…we have a Republican Governor, but the House/Senate are controlled by Democrats….hard to get much done when that happens.
        I do know if they try and take guns, there are going to be a hell of alot more people exiting Illinois than there is already. Our taxes are going up again, along with everything else…..it will get to a point that you cannot LIVE in Illinois, just like California.

December 27, 2015 7:30 pm

• December 27, 2015 7:40 pm

They just don’t care about the court ruling, do they? They will not let it stop them from promoting their radical agenda, Constitution be damned! Does this have a veto-proof majority?

December 27, 2015 7:55 pm

I do not know what it has! Just read about it…since Dems hold most the seats in Illinois over in Springfield, I would imagine if they don’t “bi-partisan” it, then it could pass. If Dick Durbin comes to town and start spewing his hate of guns, there might be alot voting FOR the bill. It is anyones guess as to what would happen, but yes they will not stop until the get the guns.

• December 27, 2015 9:37 pm

An old B/W movie I recently watched commented that there would NOT – never be an income tax … there were fewer taxes back in the ’30s. Today there’s taxes and those in power spend more those taxes and more – no roof for them. They spend whatever they want.

December 27, 2015 9:58 pm

Yep, they spend and we have to come up with more money OR they will cut the Welfare Program or some program for the Senior Citizens….they know how to play on heart strings…..bastids, all of them!!!!

• December 28, 2015 6:37 am

Dick Durbin! That is a name I have not heard in awhile, it is almost more scary when they are being quiet. Hopefully there is still enough people in the state legislature with common sense to vote this down.

December 28, 2015 8:21 am

I am holding some hope that not all the Democrats are gun grabbers over there, but I am sure they can be bought. I know Durbin is wanting to get rid of them and he hold big sway in the State House, not just in DC!

• December 28, 2015 7:53 pm

Lou, there are precious fed Democrats who are not gun grabbers but there are a few, hopefully there are some in Illinois.
        Zip, how foolish they were to think there would never be an income tax! 🙂

December 27, 2015 6:35 pm

The latest Zonation:

• December 27, 2015 6:49 pm

Another great one Lou, thanks for sharing it! I hope your family is doing okay Lou, I am praying for you guys.
      On a side note, Dr. Zhivago was on TMC today and I recorded it. I will finally be watching it soon.

December 27, 2015 7:22 pm

Ha, I hope you do watch it!
        My husband is still down with his Mom and dealing with the siblings. He has 5 of them, all with different opinions. He will keep control, he IS the big brother!

• December 27, 2015 7:41 pm

I certainly will watch it! I hope everything works out for your family, I hate to see any family torn apart.

December 27, 2015 7:58 pm

Bottom line is, his Mom had a Medical Directive with the Will, she stated what she wanted and he is the POA and has to enforce it….it is NOT open to negotiations..for some reason the others do not understand that. They are not stupid people, I guess they just do not want to face losing her. I can understand that, but that is part of life.

• December 28, 2015 6:39 am

They are just acting on emotions and it is understandable. Hopefully when this is all over they will realize everything was for the best.

December 28, 2015 4:30 am

I have been listening to Red Eye Radio tonight, as I do each night. They had a lady in Texas talking about the devastation this weather is doing down there. It is a pretty massive storm. I use Wunderground.com when I look at the weather. It is the one we used along with Accuweather.com when we were working the storms for the County, they are pretty good. I could not believe the size of area it is taking in. There have been so many deaths, even with the good alert systems we have in place. Here, in Central Illinois we have had alot of flooding and still getting rain, supposed to continue tomorrow…some of the Interstates even had water blocking them…aren’t they supposed to be built with flooding in mind? If so, the storm has not paid attention to that, because at certain mile markers, some of those Interstates are impassible. I can only hope that people heed the warning to NOT go thru standing water, but you still find alot that try and do that. A family of 5 were killed in Marion, Il. doing that….here is a picture of the dam in Taylorville, just about 30 miles to my south and it is trying to handle massive amounts of water and not doing too well. https://www.facebook.com/mitchtresa.mansfield/videos/1213509558678085/

The storm is running from rain to ice to snow, I have not seen one this bad in awhile. Hope everyone pays close attention to what is going on. Stay safe!

• December 28, 2015 6:42 am

We have had incredibly mild weather here this year, it was actually almost 70 on Christmas! We are supposed to get our first wintry mix tomorrow so I guess the good luck could not last.

December 28, 2015 8:23 am

Ya, we knew it was just a matter of time before bad stuff hit us. We have been having some mid 60’s weather and that is just right for Illinois in December…surely it is the Climate Change that is upon us…I should contact Bill Nye, I guess and get his input…..

• December 28, 2015 7:54 pm

Looks like 4-7 inches here before it turns to rain in the afternoon.

December 28, 2015 4:50 am

• December 28, 2015 6:43 am

Interesting!

December 28, 2015 8:25 am

Y, it is pretty cool looking on a map, but not so cool to be sitting in the middle of it. My sister in law and her family are in Midland, Texas on the far West side of Texas….she said they are really bad right now….her kids are all home from college, etc….I said it will be memorable, anyway. Her neighbors have never remembered that kind of weather in the past….

• December 28, 2015 7:56 pm