Afterburner with Bill Whittle: ‘Trump’

January 28, 2016

Many readers of America’s Watchtower are supporters of Donald Trump while I am not, but we have not let our differences on this issue get between us as we debate who the Republican nominee for President should be. However that is not the case in many other places. While I have made no bones about my position on Donald Trump and while the readers of America’s Watchtower have also stated their reasons for supporting him we have remained friendly but there is a rift growing between Trump supporters and Trump “haters.” (For lack of a better word.)

Having said that I believe Bill Whittle’s latest Afterburner video entitled “Trump” is a must see. In this video he tries to breech the gap that is growing within the Republican party over Donald Trump and he has advice for both sides as he tries to remind us that we are not enemies. The enemies are the socialists and statists on the other side…

It is pretty clear that he will be voting for another candidate in the primary but makes it clear he will vote for Donald Trump if he is the nominee. (Which is something he says he will not do if Chris Christie or Jeb Bush is the nominee.) He talks about having to make a choice with what we like about Donald Trump and what we do not like about him. He asks us to make a decision about whether the good outweighs the bad, and then reminds us that he will still be better than the other side and it is up to us to mold him into the President we want him to be.

I think this is a very interesting video, enjoy:

malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

1. January 28, 2016 9:48 pm

(Looked better after I hit the moonshine.)
    Many others would be of interesting value, though I question with apathy of why only Trump would be inclusive as every GOP (Give Obama Power!) and DNC (Decidedly Now Communist) candidate is lacking in sufficient qualification to be, president. I conclude that the voters have been duped, as not only they, the voter of the 21st century, is lacking ample knowledge to vote, on issues, but the foolery has placed jackals and idiots, at the very top of what should, be representing our nation to ourselves and, the world.
    Is Trump abrasive? Answer: You have to break a few eggs to make an omlet.

• January 29, 2016 6:28 am

I think you are 100% right. Many of the people do not follow the issues and also do not understand the proper role of government. They vote for whomever they feel will give them the most. Romney was right when he talked about Santa Claus.

• January 29, 2016 6:28 am

BTW, love the GOP and DNC acronyms!

2. petermc3 permalink
    January 28, 2016 10:13 pm

There is little question that Bill Whittle was cooking on all four burners with few exceptions. Most glaringlybthoughbis his assertion (paraphrasing) that the America voter is the most Intelligent etc etc. Look at the latest villain to serve two terms in the Oval Office, look at the denizens of the deep occupying the seats in congress; some of these unspeakably be self serving despicable corrupt individuals hanging around for decades. Who keeps them there? Why none other than the system propped up by the America voter. For now I would willingly take Trump’s bluster over the time worn rhetoric of the do nothing constructive kowtowing career politicians who portfolios and words are as empty as a drunks bladder after a good beer piss.

January 28, 2016 10:29 pm

But, Peter, is that how you really feel? I am particularly partial to that last sentence! I sit in amazement as to HOW you come up with the words you put together. You have me chuckling to myself and shaking my head right now! Only the cats are here to hear/see me!

• petermc3 permalink
        January 28, 2016 10:32 pm

Are those Nashville cats, been playin’ since they’s babies! 🐱

January 29, 2016 1:56 am

Ha, no they are “the cats from hell”, but thanks for asking…loved the Lovin Spoonful in “the day”..of my my favorite songs was from one of their members that went out on his own, John Sebastian…the song was Rainbows all over you Blues:

• January 29, 2016 6:31 am

Yeah, Peter can put words together with the best of them! It is almost poetry at times! You make a good point asking how smart the voter is after the last seven years, if the voters were that smart how did we end up with Obama in the first place.

January 29, 2016 10:09 am

Well, I will answer that Question for you Steve!!! Most of us were programmed to vote a certain way (like the rest of our family) by what we saw our parents do. I had a D and a R for parents, guess I was lucky and chose the path of the R….however, now we see there is not much difference. Just think the questionable choice kids just starting out to vote will have to make…there is no BIG difference like there used to be. At best there is a subtle one. Now, since parents now days are having less and less effect on kids and schools have more and more….my guess is that the kids will be swayed by those liberal bastions of hell that we refer to as public schools! So, that is my best answer on your question and my best guess on how alot of the first time voters may vote. I hope I am wrong and that these kids are able to make up their own minds.

• January 29, 2016 8:21 pm

I also have a D and an R for parents and also chose the R!
        With both parents having to work nowadays our children are occupationally orphaned and as such are being brought up in day care and the school system so the influence of the parents is much less, and that is all part of the plan.

3. January 29, 2016 3:04 pm

As usual, Whittle was brilliant. I wish all self-professed conservatives and patriots would listen to this presentation.

January 29, 2016 4:15 pm

JD, all we can do is post when we see something and hope someone passes it on or stops by here to read it. Yes, Bill Whittle is brilliant…probably too “smart” to want to be in politics, haha!

• January 29, 2016 8:22 pm

I wish he would run for national office!

January 29, 2016 9:53 pm

I would not see him in office, he is just too smart for that.

• January 29, 2016 10:05 pm

I suspect he’s more effective as a pundit. That said, I wish he enjoyed greater exposure/coverage.

• January 29, 2016 10:12 pm

I think you are right Lou!

• January 29, 2016 10:12 pm

I wish more people could see him as well jdelaney!

January 30, 2016 9:32 am

I just read this article….guess Glen Beck is having “issues” at his empire. Wonder if anyone is sailing along freely without problems, anymore?

• January 30, 2016 7:27 pm

Beck really hurt himself when he began moving to the left not too long ago, especially on the immigration issue.