Sunday, February 14th open thread: ‘I am the Highway’

February 14, 2016

open-thread Here is the open thread for Sunday, February 14th. Please feel free to post links to interesting articles and to discuss whatever issues arise during the course of the day. Nothing is off-topic here.

Last week we covered 14 stories, did you miss any of them? If so there is an easy way to make sure it does not happen again. I understand that all of you are busy and cannot always find the time to check the blog for updates so why not subscribe to America’s Watchtower and receive email updates whenever I write a new post? That is the easiest way to follow the blog to ensure you never miss another post.

In addition to subscribing you can also follow America’s Watchtower on Facebook and Twitter by clicking the links on the right. But you will get more than that for I often post links to articles I probably will not be writing about so it is a great way to keep up with what is happening.

The Twitter widget in the sidebar is fully interactive. This widget updates my tweets in real time and allows you to respond to or retweet my tweets right from the blog. It also allows you to tweet me right from America’s Watchtower. How cool is that! If you do not have a Twitter account what better reason do you need to sign up for one!

Here is Audioslave performing “I am the Highway” live. On the surface the song seems to be about running away from either an ex-girlfriend or bad people but some of the lyrics in this song make me think there is more to it. The opening line about “pearls and swine” seems to be a reference to Matthew 7:6. I have an interpretation of many of these lyrics but I would like to hear your interpretation before I divulge mine.

frui diem

1. February 14, 2016 8:22 am

This a selection from many singer that could be call :
    Sweet and Sour ..and that match many women singer or not.
    Audioslave firt time I hear them…

R.I.P.

February 14, 2016 9:51 am

Thanks for the tunes, loved them all!

• February 14, 2016 5:51 pm

Some interesting and pleasant sounding tunes Swiss! smooth. 🙂

• February 14, 2016 7:45 pm

Thanks for sharing SDL! Audioslave was Chris Cornell’s next project after Soundgarden broke up. Soundgarden had modest success as an alt-rock band in the early ’90’s. You might remember “Black Hole Sun.”

• February 15, 2016 4:12 am

I Remember Soundgarden (a foo fighters sound to it)

• February 15, 2016 3:19 pm

But of course the Foo Fighters came later!

2. February 14, 2016 5:49 pm

Was the death of Justice Scalia a bold move taken by the evils that be?

February 14, 2016 6:18 pm

All 3 good videos, thanks Zip! You know I like the middle one the best!

• February 14, 2016 6:39 pm

Yup Lou, I did think of you when posting this! The Hoodwinked society! The older we get it seems more light is being shown on what’s really going on and those behind it!
        He lives in Frisco, CO, looks like they have some good skiing snow – that’s skiing country. I wonder if he wears that outfit on the hill!

February 14, 2016 9:12 pm

Haha, don’t know, Zip, but if he wore the hat he would be “styling”! He does keep your attention, he has the gestures that keep you watching him, so you also listen….I am sure there is a method to his “madness”!

Has anyone heard from Laura? I have not seen her posting in weeks.

• February 14, 2016 7:50 pm

The first video was very good Zip and the third one was interesting. At this point it doesn’t even matter if Obama gets to appoint the nominee to SCOTUS or not because Bernie, Hillary, and Donald will likely all nominate the same type of nominee. After Breitbart died I saw the video of the CIA heart attack gun, this is a reality!

• February 14, 2016 7:53 pm

I forgot to mention that the sad part is that the people are so easily distracted!

February 15, 2016 7:21 am

All it takes is something bigger and shinier to swivel heads, Steve!

• February 15, 2016 8:48 am

Sadly you are right!

February 15, 2016 9:56 am

Isn’t today Washingtons Birthday or rather Presidents Day? Are you off work or maybe just Fed, State and Local? My birthday used to be on Washingtons birthday the 22nd, wonder if I am supposed to move mine to the 15th now, as well? All for convenience, I guess!

• February 15, 2016 10:01 am

Yep, I have the day off! It is good to have a long weekend every once in awhile. By the way, happy birthday!

February 15, 2016 12:14 pm

Give me another week (22nd) until I have to progress in age! Enjoy your long weekend!

• February 15, 2016 3:20 pm

I just didn’t want to forget Lou! My memory is not always very good…

February 15, 2016 5:33 pm

Ok, Steve, I will try to remember to remember, too!

3. February 14, 2016 6:12 pm

February 14, 2016 6:21 pm

Cute and simple!

• February 14, 2016 6:41 pm

I like that song, but this caught my attention because it symbolized more or real staying Love rather than the ‘here today gone tomorrow’ feeling kind.

• February 14, 2016 7:52 pm

I loved it Zip, thanks for sharing it!