Bernie Sanders warns Debbie Wasserman Schultz about stacking the Democratic convention in favor of Hillary Clinton

May 6, 2016

bernies-sanders-nuts Much has been made, and rightly so, in the mainstream media about the divisions within the Republican party between Donald Trump and the establishment, but despite all this I find it ironic that while the Republican contest has all but been decided at this point it is the establishment within the Democratic party which is still fighting to ensure the nomination of the person who was assumed from the beginning to be the heir apparent to Barack Obama. The mainstream media has been ignoring the fight within the Democratic party but the divisions are real nonetheless.

Liberal icon and Democratic Senator Elizabeth Warren (who once claimed to be a Native American for personal gain) has been claiming for quite awhile that the system is rigged (we must ignore the fact she used the system to claim Native American status) and she is right, but while she was talking about the economy I am talking about the Democratic primary system. The Democratic primary system, through the use of the superdelegates, has been rigged to secure Hillary Clinton the nomination. But that is only the beginning…

…because apparently the DNC is also rigging the system for Hillary Clinton through DNC committee appointments and this has not been lost on the socialist Senator from Vermont. Bernie Sanders has sent a letter, for what it is worth, to Debbie Wasserman Schultz warning her about stacking the deck against him at the convention.

Here is more:

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) urged Democratic National Committee chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) to not stack the rules and platform committees against him at the party’s convention — and warned a mobilization of his supporters in Philadelphia if the unfairness continues.

In a letter to Wasserman Schultz today, Sanders indicates that he’s following up on a conversation the two had “about the composition of the standing committees of the Democratic National Convention.”

“In order to reflect the views and aspirations of the millions who support both my candidacy and Secretary Clinton’s, I believe that the composition of the standing committees must reflect the relative support that has been received by both campaigns,” he wrote.

“That was why I was so disappointed to learn that of the over forty people our campaign submitted at your request you chose to select only three of my recommendations for the three standing committees. Moreover, you did not assign even one of the people submitted by our campaign to the very important Rules Committee of the Democratic National Convention.”

Sanders added that people from his side of the party need to be included “if we are to have a unified party in the fall.”

Otherwise, he warned, Wasserman Schultz “sends the very real message that the Democratic Party is not open to the millions of new people that our campaign has brought into the political process, does not want to hear new voices, and is unwilling to respect the broader base of people that this party needs to win over in November and beyond.”

“Fairness, inclusion and transparency should be the standard under which we operate,” he added.

And he was not done there, here is more:

Clinton supporters have already been appointed to key positions: Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy was put in charge of the Platform Committee and former Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) will head the Rules Committee.

Sanders noted that Malloy and Frank aren’t just Hillary backers, but “they both are aggressive attack surrogates on the campaign trail.”

“I do not, and the millions who have supported our campaign will not, have any confidence that either of them will conduct committee proceeding in an even-handed manner,” he added. “In fact, the suggestion that they would be appropriate chairs in and of itself suggests the standing committees are being established in an overtly partisan way meant to exclude the input of the voters who have supported my candidacy.”

Now that Donald Trump is the presumptive nominee of the Republican party the healing process can begin for those who are interested in healing but the Democratic primary is still up in the air due in part to the mainstream media’s denial there is a problem within the party in the first place and this could come back to haunt them once they are finally successful in screwing Bernie Sanders and his supporters out of the nomination.

The first step in seeking healing is admitting there is a problem…

malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

1. petermc3 permalink
    May 6, 2016 8:53 pm

The MSM will cover the Dem’s internal 1917 revolution right after they first investigate Bubba’s latest corruption non-scandal.

• May 6, 2016 8:57 pm

So you are saying there is a chance. 🙂

• petermc3 permalink
        May 6, 2016 9:00 pm

I’m saying there’s a better chance of Michelle Obama turning down a side of KFC mashed taters..,

May 6, 2016 10:17 pm

Do any of you wonder IF the media will ever come to their senses???? After I typed that, I thought “what the hell did I just ask that for”, the answer would be a solid NO…..forget I asked.

• May 7, 2016 5:59 am

Remember what Barack once said, don’t get between Michelle and a burrito!

• May 7, 2016 6:01 am

After I read the first sentence I thought to myself “no I don’t expect them to come to their senses” so I guess we will call it a rhetorical question. 😉

May 6, 2016 10:23 pm

You know, IF Sanders was not a Socialist, I guess I would be feeling a bit sorry for him,,,,well actually, I DO feel a bit sorry for him….of course not enough to do anything about it, but still just a bit! Who in their right mind would want to run against Clinton, knowing what the outcome would most likely be? She has so much dirt on pretty much everyone in DC, that until she is out of the picture, I would not want to have anything to do with her. Guess I wonder, if and when the time comes of her demise, are the files she has on everyone passed down to Chelsea? I know that sounds pretty silly, but think about it? We know she has them and Bill doesn’t need to run for anything, but Chelsea will be in the running for some kind of political position….sort of like a “legacy”….Jeb should have been a shoe-in, but he is an idiot and you cannot cover that up. The nomination was right there for Jeb to take, he just did not have what it takes….guess the Bushes are real proud of that one!

• May 7, 2016 6:04 am

It is hard to feel sorry for him and I am kind of enjoying watching them take something away from a socialist he thinks he earned.

May 7, 2016 11:21 am

But, it is not supposed to happen that way…it is for US to have stuff taken from, not those elites!

• May 7, 2016 7:03 pm

That’s right Lou and they don’t like it when it happens to them, do they?!

3. May 7, 2016 10:41 am

Step back. Do we realize what we are hoping for? A coup with a Marxist taking the reins from a serial liar. What have we come to?

May 7, 2016 1:10 pm

Well, you are right, BUT, doesn’t it make you feel just a tad bit better to see Clinton not get the nomination? It is kind of twisted logic, that is true…..but I have to get some gratification out of this election…the right is sure not wanting to cooperate. I am glad that Trump is yanking their chain!

• May 7, 2016 1:49 pm

I am with you! 🙂

• May 7, 2016 7:04 pm

Same here!

• May 7, 2016 7:04 pm

They say politics make for strange bedfellows Bunkerville and this certainly proves it!

May 7, 2016 8:24 pm

1. Bernie Sanders warns Debbie Wasserman Schultz about stacking the Democratic convention in favor of Hillary Clinton | Rifleman III Journal