Sunday, May 8th open thread: ‘So Cold’

May 8, 2016

open-thread Here is the open thread for Sunday, May 8th. Please feel free to post links to interesting articles and to discuss whatever issues arise during the course of the day. Nothing is off-topic here.

Last week we discussed 11 stories, did you miss any of them? If so there is an easy way to make sure it does not happen again. I understand that all of you are busy and cannot always find the time to check the blog for updates so why not subscribe to America’s Watchtower and receive email updates whenever I write a new post? That is the easiest way to follow the blog to ensure you never miss another post.

In addition to subscribing you can also follow America’s Watchtower on Facebook and Twitter by clicking the links on the right. But you will get more than that for I often post links to articles I probably will not be writing about so it is a great way to keep up with what is happening.

The Twitter widget in the sidebar is fully interactive. This widget updates my tweets in real time and allows you to respond to or retweet my tweets right from the blog. It also allows you to tweet me right from America’s Watchtower. How cool is that! If you do not have a Twitter account what better reason do you need to sign up for one!

Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers out there. Happy Mother’s Day mom, I love you. And also to Mooks, we love you and miss you.

On a personal note I had my six month followup MRI and visit with the neurologist this week and everything came back fine: my brain has healed from the surgery and there is no sign of the tumor returning, praise be to God!

I don’t have any special Mother’s Day song for you but here is Breaking Benjamin performing “So Cold.”

frui diem

1. May 8, 2016 8:08 am

May 8, 2016 10:13 am

Hey SDL! Thanks for sharing this, I have seen him before and enjoyed seeing this clip!

• May 8, 2016 6:49 pm

That was pretty funny, thanks for sharing it!

• May 9, 2016 2:09 am

Thank Ypu Both, I had something else,
        He could have been the son of Joe Strummer, but on his other cover.not such…in a “What You Give Is What You Get” and here he get it right…
        I’m Happy Steve,That your tumor went away and your Heath getting better…

• May 9, 2016 5:25 am

Thanks SDL, last year at this time what was going to happen with me. It feels so good to have this all behind me that I cannot put it into words.

May 9, 2016 9:30 am

Haha, I see he put alot of thought into his “wardrobe”!

• May 9, 2016 7:19 pm

Not sure what he is trying to say with the wardrobe Lou…

2. May 8, 2016 9:32 am

For those who yearn for the land of the free here is your opportunity.

It would be best if you could form a commune of like minded individuals.

• May 8, 2016 6:50 pm

At least we would meet up with Snowden!

May 9, 2016 9:33 am

While it sounds “enticing”, I think I will have to pass….just a bit past my prime and I like the comforts of home right here in what is left of the good old USA. Maybe some of the progressives might find it a good place to move to, we can hope, at least!

• May 9, 2016 7:20 pm

I think I will stay here as well…

May 8, 2016 10:04 am

Really glad to hear your good test results on the follow up visit. It is always glad to be able to exhale and get on with living instead of in limbo, not knowing. I hate waiting, I am a very impatient person, I guess…..anyway, congrats on the clean bill of health!

• May 8, 2016 6:52 pm

Thank you so much, it is such a relief to have this all behind me! It was one year ago last week that I first learned I had a problem but I didn’t know I needed surgery at that point, it is hard to believe it has already been a year.

4. May 8, 2016 10:25 am

Bill and Hillary life’s are going to get a little bit more stressed. There is a report by a investigator that says the Clinton Foundation is a fraud. The article says whistleblower, but he didn’t work for the foundation. It sounds more like what a forensic accountant would do.

The person who could be indicted is neither Bill or Hillary, but Chelsea because she signed the financial reports. Thanks mom and dad!

May 8, 2016 10:53 am

Would not surprise me, there are certain species that eat their own….Bill and Hillary might fit in one of those categories. Of course it is just a way of them making their money “legally”,,,haha! Fat chance of that, we know it is a front.

• May 8, 2016 6:53 pm

It is also being speculated that Bill is the real target of the FBI investigation because of the Clinton Foundation, I don’t think this is going away any time soon.

5. May 8, 2016 2:57 pm

Your ‘healed’ good news is probably a wonderful ‘Mother’s Day gift’ to your wife and family/friends! Good to hear!
    Lots of occult symbols in the song you selected, fingers darting out the horns. Some don’t know the meaning of it, other’s in the know do. Some of the lyrics:
    If you find your family, don’t you cry
    In this land of make-believe, dead and dry
    You’re so cold, but you feel alive
    Lay your hand on me one last time
    It’s alright. (well that’s good that it’s alright … all righty then!).
    Some vids (a bit long) to go with this type of thinking:
    Temple of Baal Arch in New York & London Not Canceled – Illuminati Exposed

Captain America Civil War – Movie Review (Spoilers) – Symbolic Breakdown

For Mothers
    You’re Having My Baby

• May 8, 2016 7:10 pm

I knew you would catch on to the devil horns in the video I posted! He used them several times. I found both of the videos you posted to be very interested. I hadn’t heard about them building a temple to Baal in New York and it was interesting to see how they are deceiving the people about not building it when they still are. I have not seen any of the movies he talked about in the second video but it is clear there is quite a bit of symbology in them!

May 9, 2016 1:12 pm

OT, but then again it IS Sunday, so guess it is an anything goes….
    does anyone have a convertible on here? I have a 99 Mazda Miata, so it is getting old (like me), I went out to get in it the other day and had a passenger side flooding going on, it had rained hard all day. I started checking around on it and found a “rain rail” that rain coming off the rag top drains into and then down drain hoses on both side…apparently the drain was stopped up on that side, hence the water in the floorboard. I have small hands and have no idea how a guy would get to it…but anyway, just wondering if anyone else has had that happen? It is amazing it has not happened before now. While I was drying out the carpet, I saw the clutch and brake pedal pads were needing replacements, the clutch was almost gone, guess I clutch WAY more than I brake…I was hoping I did not have to replace the whole rag top, would have been over $600 to buy it and install it here at home….that is all I have about this…

• May 9, 2016 7:21 pm

Nope, nothing is OT here! I have never had a convertible so I can’t help you there.

• May 10, 2016 2:33 am

I had the same dilema, 1999 it’s old, Madza I don’t know, but is it a car that will bring other problems? Sure when you got a car you kinda like it, I still thing of VWPassat (RIP) that I did all reparation if need it..somethimes it is not enough and you put so much money that you could buy an other one… I did

May 10, 2016 7:16 am

No, SDL, it has been a really great car, other than replacing tires, it has just not had any issues…air/heat works great, clutch is fine, transmission, no problem….they are pretty simple cars, roll up windows and manual door locks….I do have cruise control that was installed and a glass heated defrost back window in the rag top, but other than that simple. I kinda like it that way, she is all black with leather interior, too. Insurance and gas are minimal, I get good rates, have not had alot of accidents or tickets to raise premiums, so yep, it is an economical car to drive…not planning on getting rid of her any time soon. When I do, my son wants me tell him first, but unless I start having trouble getting in and out (she practically sits on the ground) or my knees give out (she is a 5 speed), I plan on growing “older” with her, haha! The are a true sports car or roadster, if you will. Corners great and other than over 3-4 inches of snow, has no road issues, the headlights are better than any car I have driven and the “fun” factor plays a big roll in having one. I really think she keeps me young,,,,remember the picture of Dorian Gray????

• May 11, 2016 2:00 am

Pefect! A Car That Run In the Family 😉

7. May 9, 2016 11:50 pm

Unbeknownst to Clinton, IT firm had emails stored on cloud; now in FBI’s hands

Ruh Roh!

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/article37968711.html#storylink=cpy

• May 10, 2016 12:03 am

Wrong article.

• May 10, 2016 5:23 am

I certainly hope that is true!

May 10, 2016 7:43 am

After reading that, it seems the FBI should have the “skinny” on her, but then again will they recommend prosecution? It all falls on AG Lynch and if she wants to prosecute and we know she doesn’t, so guess it is all a moot point here. How dare that firm save her crap on a cloud, she didn’t ask for it and didn’t pay for it, so she will say it should not exist, SO, the FBI cannot use it….I am sure that would make perfect sense to her. That it exists is a real problem for her and those around her, wonder what is on the cloud and if WE will ever know? We also hope the next thing found out about her will take her down and it never does…what is this woman made of, exactly????