Sunday, March 25th open thread: ‘The Trooper’

March 25, 2018

open-threadHere is the open thread for Sunday, March 25th. Please feel free to post links to interesting articles and to discuss whatever issues arise during the course of the day. Nothing is off-topic here.

Last week we discussed 5 stories, did you miss any of them? If so there is an easy way to make sure it does not happen again. I understand that all of you are busy and cannot always find the time to check the blog for updates so why not subscribe to America’s Watchtower and receive email updates whenever I write a new post? That is the easiest way to follow the blog to ensure you never miss another post.

In addition to subscribing you can also follow America’s Watchtower on Facebook and Twitter by clicking the links on the right. But you will get more than that for I often post links to articles probably will not be writing about so it is a great way to keep up with what is happening.

The Twitter widget in the sidebar is fully interactive. This widget updates my tweets in real time and allows you to respond to or retweet my tweets right from the blog. It also allows you to tweet me right from America’s Watchtower.

Here is Iron Maiden performing “The Trooper” live in 1985:

frui diem

1. March 25, 2018 1:02 pm

good stuff! a few nights back I played this at work and told a guy this was about the Crimean war, and he’d never heard of it. they sure do skim a lot in history class these days.

• March 25, 2018 7:45 pm

I love how much history Iron Maiden puts in their songs! You are right, they just don’t teach this stuff in school any more.

2. March 25, 2018 2:35 pm

It was only when King Arthur took hold of the ‘sword’ with both hands (committing himself to the task at hand … notice he was “moved” by love) did the sword ‘take over’ and do what he could not do by his own might, skill and passion. This is what needs to go on today to conquer over the dark spirits and enemies of Goodness (godliness)!
    God’s WORD is the Sword of TRUTH!
    Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
    Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

• March 25, 2018 7:49 pm

An interesting parallel and the Bible! It is funny because I just looked up this verse from Ephesians two days ago! I am trying to come up with a life verse and this is one that I was thinking about.

3. March 25, 2018 2:42 pm

To go along with God’s involvement in and on this earth plane, this vid (although a bit long) has some interesting info.
    She states: “This is an updated presentation decoding the TRUE history of King Arthur through ancient texts, symbolism, numerology and language. Connections are made through the Tarot and modern day films such as The Revenant, The Prestige, Game of Thrones and The Hunger Games.”

• March 25, 2018 2:43 pm

Here’s the blog version of it

• March 25, 2018 7:51 pm

Thanks for sharing this, I will check it out. I was a little out of the loop today with furnace problems so I have not had much of a chance to check the blog and the news. But all is fixed now, praying this is the end of the furnace problems after having had emergency service twice in the last four days!