Sunday, April 22nd open thread: Revelation (Mother Earth)

April 22, 2018

open-thread Here is the open thread for Sunday, April 22nd. Please feel free to post links to interesting articles and to discuss whatever issues arise during the course of the day. Nothing is off-topic here.

Last week we discussed 6 stories, did you miss any of them? If so there is an easy way to make sure it does not happen again. I understand that all of you are busy and cannot always find the time to check the blog for updates so why not subscribe to America’s Watchtower and receive email updates whenever I write a new post? That is the easiest way to follow the blog to ensure you never miss another post.

In addition to subscribing you can also follow America’s Watchtower on Facebook and Twitter by clicking the links on the right. But you will get more than that for I often post links to articles probably will not be writing about so it is a great way to keep up with what is happening.

The Twitter widget in the sidebar is fully interactive. This widget updates my tweets in real time and allows you to respond to or retweet my tweets right from the blog. It also allows you to tweet me right from America’s Watchtower.

Today is “Earth Day” and I think I found an interesting song to post today. It is by Ozzy and it is entitled Revelation (Mother Earth.) There are some interesting lyrics in this song, as well as the song title: Ozzy uses a couple of Bible references but sings about the mother (being the earth, or the creation) while calling on the Father of creation, lamenting what the people are doing to the creation.

Here is Ozzy performing the song (in full ’80’s mode) live in 1984:

frui diem

1. April 22, 2018 1:49 pm

I use to like some of his songs, never saw him in concert, but seeing this today, it all seems so ‘dark’. Not only their clothes but the whole ‘feel/sense’ of it. But even those in bright clothing can be ushering in a dark message, just “packaged” differently.
    Today I plan on transferring some tall grass from one area to another, since it draws away water and soil nutriments from a cone flower and where I’ll try planting some ‘wild flowers’ seeds to hopefully grow. 🌼
    While people in ‘America’ are “influence” to be mindful of and bow down to “Earth Day” and how the earth is more important than people, other cultures have a bigger objective that fits right with in removing the pollutants:
    “The process of settlement is a ‘Civilization-Jihadist Process’ with all the word means. The Ikhwan [Muslim Brotherhood] must understand that their work in America is a kind of grand jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and ‘sabotaging’ its miserable house by their hands and the hands of the believers…”
    Our ‘True Hope’ obviously relies in the Creator not the created.

• April 22, 2018 2:13 pm

Earth Day for a Post-Christian world. Gaia Worship & the New World Order

“Today is Earth Day 2015, and I wanted to share an article that was written by Carl Teichrib that shows the origin of Earth Day is much more pagan than what is promoted. Also, it is new age, and pagan philosophies that are pushed to young people in disguise. It is nothing less than globalist propaganda, hoping for a New World Order.”

• April 22, 2018 6:32 pm

Very interesting video. I have always felt that Earth Day and the whole environmental movement was an attempt at a return to pantheism. I believe that many atheists need to believe in something greater than themselves but because they cannot believe in God some of them glom onto the environment and make it their god. As the narrator said there is nothing wrong with trying to take care of the earth but the spirit is in the wrong place.

• April 22, 2018 2:18 pm

“All For Gaia: Earth Day and Total Transformation for a Post-Christian World”

• April 22, 2018 2:35 pm

Even Muslims are ‘told’ to honor “Earth Day” so ‘powerful and strong’ is the spirit behind it, all religions must bow and comply.
      “EARTH DAY 2018
      Earth Day is upon us, a day celebrated by the world to generate awareness on protecting our planet.”
      “Greek mythology, Gaia “land” or “earth” also spelled Gaea, is the personification of the Earth and one of the Greek primordial deities. Gaia is the ancestral mother of all life: the primal Mother Earth goddess. She is the immediate parent of Uranus (the sky), from whose sexual union she bore the Titans (themselves parents of many of the Olympian gods) and the Giants, and of Pontus (the sea), from whose union she bore the primordial sea gods. Her equivalent in the Roman pantheon was Terra.”
      Of course, none of this is in the Bible (God’s Word) but mystique and mysticism is more enticing to the flesh, just like the constant lure of $$$, pride and ‘sex’ – 2 easy snares that trap the minds, souls and bodies of the spiritually blinding Lies.

• April 22, 2018 6:23 pm

I like the old Ozzy stuff from Black Sabbath (I know!) to his first two solo albums. You should check out the lyrics to a Sabbath song called “After Forever.” I think you will find them very interesting! I don’t know but I did read once that Ozzy was a Christian.
      Good luck with your landscaping adventure, I hope it works out.