Gunrunner: Joe Lieberman requests another investigation into Fast and Furious

December 22, 2011

Joe Lieberman is chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee and he has requested that his committee open up another investigation into Fast and Furious, this time to investigate the lack of interagency communication which led to the death of Brian Terry in Peck Canyon.

As I wrote about in this post: The FBI and the DEA both knew that the violent Mexican criminals were in Peck Canyon on the night Brian Terry was murdered, and the reason they knew the criminals were there was because the FBI had an informant in the drug cartel who was also to be present that night, yet they did not find it necessary to warn Border Patrol that something was going down that night.

Joe Lieberman is justified in calling for an investigation into the miscommunication between agencies, but I believe it goes well beyond simple miscommunication because the government was  trying to “prove” the 90% lie and knowingly let Brian Terry and the Border Patrol head into a dangerous situation unaware because they did not want to do anything that would jeopardize the true nefarious intentions of the Obama regime and Operation Fast and Furious. These agencies knew about the secret operation, Brian Terry’s death was avoidable and yet the mission was deemed more important than the safety of an American hero and the situation was allowed to proceed.

Brian Terry is dead because of this miscommunication, but I believe the miscommunication was intentional because the Obama regime feels the end justifies the means and Brian Terry’s death was viewed as  acceptable collateral damage in the Obama regime’s war on the second amendment.

Hopefully Joe Lieberman’s investigation isn’t simply an attempt to deflect blame away from Eric Holder by deeming it to be a simple case of miscommunication when I believe there is something much more devious at play here; hopefully between these three investigations we will finally get to the truth about what happened that night in Peck Canyon.

1. December 22, 2011 9:57 pm

The only miscommunicating was them getting caught. Why is no one in jail yet? Any of us would be there and they would throw away the key. Even caught red handed these people operate under a different set of rules from the rest of us.

• December 22, 2011 11:12 pm

Not only is no one in jail yet, but nobody has been punished or held accountable either. In fact some have been promoted so is it any wonder that we feel as if there is a different set of rules for these people?

December 22, 2011 9:58 pm

I wish I could believe that we will get to the bottom of this and prosecute those responsible. Joe Lieberman, to my knowledge is an honorable man, I hope there is no ulterior motive with what he is calling for. In the end, I would like to see justice done and maybe have the families of those murdered get some satisfaction. I don’t know that they will ever find peace. My problem is when I see words like “miscommunication” or “misspoke”, or “misinformation”, it sends up a red flag. I am beginning to believe that no one in this administration knows what their job discription is and how to carry out what is expected of them. For this they are paid big bucks?

• December 22, 2011 11:14 pm

I hope that we get to the bottom of this and I like Lieberman, even if he doesn’t intend to make this a deflection from the truth the media will run with it and use it as an excuse. There was no miscommunication, there was non-communication and that was by design.

3. LD Jackson permalink
    December 22, 2011 10:17 pm

Maybe Lieberman needs to just throw his full support behind the investigation that is ongoing. Wouldn’t his efforts be more likely to come to fruition there?

• December 22, 2011 11:15 pm

Quite possibly Larry, but maybe this will open up a new line of query that Issa and Grassley don’t have time for.

4. January 27, 2012 5:10 am

You’re pussies, that’s why no one has gone to jail. They can break any law they want, you going to stop them?? Nope, and they know that.