Liberal intolerance on full display as Rush Limbaugh faces death threats

March 7, 2012

Those oh-so-tolerant liberals are in full throat and are being exposed as the hypocrites many of them are as they call–or hope–for the death of Rush Limbaugh over his ‘slut’ comment.

Here is some of what is being said about Rush Limbaugh:

“Execute Rush, now!” states one; “Don’t just drop sponsorship someone kill this pig now please!!!!,”

I think karma got a death grip on breitbart, I think his passing is inspirational. Hopefully rush will die next,” reads another message directed at Limbaugh. Meanwhile, in comments posted at the L.A. Times Facebook wall, still undeleted as this article is written, readers state that it “would be nice to see that fat douche taken down but I’m not holding my breath”; “crossing fingers for a huge heart attack

Oh yeah, Rush. If I ever see you out somewhere (which I probably won’t since I hang out in places where non-whites are allowed), I’m going to punch you in the throat

“I want you [sic] blood … coming to Florida – gonna pay you a visit my friend you love to pick on people get ready fatso.”

“I hope someone murders rush and I hope it hurts,” wrote another individual.

And there is more, just go to the above linked article to read more of the screenshots taken from Rush Limbaugh’s Facebook page if you haven’t already seen enough.

I am assuming, of course, that these people are legitimately upset at Rush Limbaugh for his degrading comment and are not simply upset with him for partisan reasons. I assume that these same people also called for the death of Bill Maher when he repeatedly called Sarah Palin a ‘twat’ and a ‘cunt.’

To his credit–although he probably did it because he is also belatedly beginning to feel the heat–Bill Maher kinda-sorta came to Rush Limbaugh’s defense:

Hate to defend #RushLimbaugh but he apologized, liberals looking bad not accepting. Also hate intimidation by sponsor pullout

Rush Limbaugh screwed up big time last week and it wasn’t just because of his comment; it was because he laughed and joked about it for two or three days afterward and only became remorseful when sponsors began to pull out of his radio show. He fell for the trap Democrats set before the Republicans; the contraception issue has always been a diversionary tactic designed to take the focus off of Barack Obama’s failed policies and Rush Limbaugh should have been smart enough to see through this. Perhaps it is time for him to untie the half of his brain he keeps tied behind his back, but none of this justifies the threat or the hope of violence or death that Rush Limbaugh has faced since his remarkably stupid comments.

But perhaps the Democrats are beginning to overplay their hand and it could come back to haunt them because people are beginning to see the double standard here: First we had liberal Kirsten Powers call out Bill Maher and liberal hypocrisy in general, and now Bill Maher, of all people, is calling for a dialing down of the rhetoric.

The tide may be turning here and maybe soon we will be able to get back onto the important issues facing the future of this nation, including Barack Obama’s failed policies and his desire to try more of the same in light of his failings.

1. March 7, 2012 10:07 pm

One would expect no less from the ignorant and intolerant left. The vitriolic verbiage is a sign that those who engage in this sort of behavior are unable to frame cognizent arguments either pro or con – on any issue. We might even go so far as to say that maybe there is a lack of mental acuity on their part.

You will note I am, unlike those on the left, being politically correct in my assessment of their mental abilities when I really wanted to offer that many on the left are just plain retarded….WM

• March 7, 2012 11:11 pm

Yes, instead of debating they simply go into attack mode because it is easier.

• Georgia Peach permalink
      March 8, 2012 12:41 am

The opprobrious liberals do seem a bit pompous with their ignorant rhetoric.

• March 12, 2012 10:45 am

It seems you want everyone to think you are intelligent by your large vocabulary…however your lack of intelligence shows when you chose to use the word retarded. Maybe you should re-read your first sentence..specifically the word ignorant. Only ignorant people would call a group “retarded”…Maybe someday the GOP will grow up and learn that name calling is something that we do in elementary school. I also have to laugh that you are tooting your own horn for being politically correct. Maybe you should educate yourself on what that means.

• March 12, 2012 8:15 pm

Maybe the left will grow up and Bill Maher will also realize that name calling is something that is done in elementary school as well.

2. March 7, 2012 10:23 pm

Maher is only looking for more attention so he can keep the buzz going.

3. jmasana permalink
    March 7, 2012 10:32 pm

I have heard justification of such statements from liberals under the guise of “being intolerant toward intolerance”. “Being intolerant toward intolerance” makes someone self-hating, and they are just projecting the hatred they have of themselves.

• The Georgia Yankee permalink
      March 7, 2012 10:51 pm

Oh, come on, “intolerance toward intolerance” is simply a self-serving justification of censorship.

Rush realized his mistake and got spanked. Nobody’s taking him off the air, and the good Lord willing, he’s not having any heart attacks.

Boortz this morning called for Limbaugh to pull a “Master’s Defense.” When the Master’s Gold Tournament, a few years back, was the object of an advertising boycott, they manned up and cancelled all advertising for the tournament entirely. Rush should cancel all advertising on his program for some period of time – he and Clearchannel (?) are wealthy and can afford to put on a few weeks of free Rush.

Take good care and have a pleasant evening . . . and may God bless us all!

TGY

• March 7, 2012 11:10 pm

That would be interesting and might help to show he is sincere. Personally I don’t think he was sincere because he was laughing about it for days. Maybe he realized he was wrong from the beginning and was just digging in, my I doubt it. It seems to me that he only apologized because of pressure from his sponsors.

March 7, 2012 11:47 pm

I think that some times hosts of different programs think they are above being taken down. Maybe he realized that a bit too late. I don’t care what political party they are from, they need to own up to doing wrong. Look what all the problems this has caused and for what? It has taken away from the real problems at hand and the MSM has sure picked up and run with it. At least he DID apologize, unlike alot of them, but it was too late to make a difference. We really need for this to be THE main issue at hand, don’t we? What the media should be focusing on they don’t, but something as ignorant as this, they can’t get enough. It only shows how far the media has fallen from being the icons they once were. You would almost think they are on the level of the Enquirer, or one of those rags and they may just be a step below that by now. Stupid and a waste of our time, that is what this is.

• March 8, 2012 7:14 am

You are right, at least Rush apologized, when Maher was asked about his comments he repeated them and yet he doesn’t feel the pressure or receive the hate filled mail that Limbaugh does.
      I am trying to move on from this subject, but something happens that seems to drag me back in. Hopefully I can move on from this tonight.

• barbintheboonies permalink
      March 19, 2012 12:36 pm

This I agree with The media, whoever side you are on, are failing us. They are depending on us staying ignorant, and not seeking out the truth. In most cases if we choose to hear two sides we will get some place in the middle. Money is made I`m thinking from American`s fighting over foolish things and not shining the light on our major problems.

• March 19, 2012 9:03 pm

Yes, we are being purposely distracted by the media and many people simply do not know how dire the situation is in this country right now.

5. March 8, 2012 12:56 am

Here’s an idea…why doesn’t Rush’s supporters counter the these boycotts with their own boycotts against the sponsors who pulled their sponsorship from Limbaugh’s show. There are still more of us than there are of them. And we will actually follow through.

• March 8, 2012 7:16 am

I read a story that Carbonite pulled its sponsorship of the show and the next day their stocks tumbled. Don’t know if it was a coincidence or not, but that might be a legitimate option for people who are upset.

6. bunkerville permalink
    March 8, 2012 11:07 am

Before all of this went down with Rush, it had been reported that he had a package delivered to his home. Apparently he has his own x-ray machine, and it was questionable and called the police. If this had happened to any of the Liberal Loonies it would have been a headline maker. Just saying.

7. March 8, 2012 9:10 pm

It’s the forces of tolerance and diversity at work yet again.

Seriously though, they always manage to expose themselves in the end,

8. March 9, 2012 12:04 am

Rush called a Libber a SLUT, and Rush gains tons of new fans…

Rush called a Libber a SLUT, and Rush is hated by the Left…

I didn’t know the left could hate Rush any more than they do, maybe I need to write a couple of posts and call Sandra Fluke a slut, or call Debbie Was-A-Man Schultz an ugly piece of garbage…

Ya never know, maybe the libbers will hate ME more as I garner a bigger readers base… 🙂

9. MarkA permalink
    March 9, 2012 11:33 am

Yawn, yawn. They say this and they say that. Like this kind of hyperbole only exists on one side of the debate. I’m sorry, people from all sides of the politcal debate are capable of using illiberal language, why assume this is some particular flaw of just one side?

Where I tend to agree is that to proclaim liberal values and then act in illeberal ways is very hypocritical, but again, that is like showing that many of those who take conservative views on immigration have fallen into using illegal immigrants as a work-force to save money. It opens them up to a charge of hypocrisy, but doesn’t prove that their views on immigration are wrong.

1. Liberal intolerance on full display « Freedom Is Just Another Word…
  2. The Hunger Games: A Glimpse into the Progressive Left’s Endgame